Baby Names

Boys names are the hardest

Due in late July and don't know gender. We've had a girl name set in stone for really long time... but can't seem to decide on a boy name. We like a few names, but none are like "THAT'S IT, THAT'S THE NAME!"  LoL  We joke it's going to be a boy because we can't decide on the name, and the hospital won't discharge us until we decide for the birth certificate.  

Really like the name Leigh (my dad's middle name), and prefer it to be a first name... but it seems to be a better middle name. So open to any suggestions for a good middle name to fit Leigh. 

We kind of like Leigh Edwin (both our dads' middle names), and are considering calling him Leo because our last name starts with an O.  

Another name we are leaning towards is Jacob Leigh.

We also like the name Killian and Kendrick... but unsure about nicknames.  

So yeah... any suggestions are greatly appreciated! :)

Re: Boys names are the hardest

• I love Edwin! Any chance of that as a fn?

To be honest I would use Lee vs Leigh since that is huge trend wise in being cutesy for girl names. I would probably assume Leigh was female.

what is your girl name maybe that would help with suggestions? 

• I really like Edwin Leigh.

The nice thing about Leigh, is it works with almost any name. I'd avoid names with a long e sound (Finley Leigh would be odd, but Finnegan or Phineas Would flow well.)

I don't mind throwing out suggestions blind, but your current choices are a bit hard to pin down a style, so I'd also like to hear your girl name for some inspiration.
  • Loading the player...
  • Out of everything you mentioned Edwin is the best! You could call him Eddie if you wanted.
  • Thanks ladies! My husband isn't too keen on Edwin as a first name, so that is going to be a hard pitch. We are kind of hoping for an Irish name, but it doesn't have to be. I'm literally open to any suggestions at this point. 

Girl's name is Juna Mae :)
  • Suggesting some Irish some not:

Declan
    Desmond
    Keegan
    Lochlann
    Rowan
    Nolan
    Donovan
    Anton
    Bryce
    Cedric
    Conrad
    Henrik
    Brendan
    Cormac

• ellie111227ellie111227 member
    edited April 2017
    I really like Kendrick and Edwin. 
  • I like Edwin! What about Edmund? 

Id keep Leigh/ Lee in the middle name spot. 

Other suggestions:
    Ezra 
    Silas
    Luca
    Oliver
    Graham
    Clark
    Samuel
    Dean
    Sawyer
    Ian
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • We have chosen Sullivan (Sully) if we have a boy which I am so in love with. I understand its an Irish surname. However, I guess if you are actually Irish that would sound strange with an Irish lastname?just a thought.
  • How about Murphy? Seamus? Cian?
  • JMU_Bride09JMU_Bride09 member
    edited April 2017
    I agree that Leigh is much more feminine than Lee and would definitely assume girl if I was looking at the name on paper.  Since it is your dad's name and the spelling has a connection for you, I'd keep it in the middle name spot.  Jacob Leigh is a good, solid name!  Other ideas:

Anderson Leigh
    Benjamin Leigh
    Connor Leigh
    Edmund Leigh
    Edward Leigh
    Henry Leigh
    Ian Leigh
    Isaac Leigh
    James Leigh 
    Judah Leigh
    Malcolm Leigh
    Oliver Leigh
    Steven Leigh
    William Leigh 

• Leigh Thomas, Leigh Kellen, Kellen Leigh, Seamus Leigh?
  • How about Liam if you like the sound of Leigh? Then you could use the sound of Leigh for a nickname, if you wanted. 
  • Well damn... you ladies are making the decision even harder with all these great suggestions :)