Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check In 4/3

Good morning PGAL mommies! Hope you're hanging in there. If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong! 

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What activity restores you mentally/physically/spiritually/emotionally? In other words, what gives you life? (Example: yoga, journaling, painting...)

Re: PGAL Check In 4/3

• How far along are you? 38 weeks 

How big is baby?  Pumpkin 

Appointments coming up?  Weekly appt Wednesday. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically I've had a lot of contractions. I'm exhausted. I hurt everywhere. But emotionally I'm so grateful for this pregnancy and especially for the lack of complications or concerns since the second trimester started. I'm nervous about things going wrong during labor, but trying to trust that we've come this far and are gonna do fine. My OBs don't do growth scans or anything at all after the anatomy scan, so not knowing how big she is or what position she's in (other than guessing by feel), makes me nervous. But it'll all be fine. So I keep telling myself. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?  I think 39 weeks is considered actual full term now. So I guess one more week! After that, meeting her. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:  Had contractions 6 minutes apart for 3 hours last night, though they eventually faded in intensity instead of increasing so I didn't go in for monitoring or anything. But it was a crazy few hours of wondering, and makes me wonder if it's gonna be like this until due date or if it might even mean meeting her sooner than EDD. 

GTKY: What activity restores you mentally/physically/spiritually/emotionally? In other words, what gives you life? (Example: yoga, journaling, painting...) Journaling is a big one for me. Or blogging. Also writing poetry. Sitting in nature while doing so is a big part of it. Also, curling up with a really good book. 
  • I love that you ladies have this regular check-in! Wish I was more active on the boards, but I tend to forget about this site unless I have a question and then lurk on the boards for answers. I'll try to be more consistent!

How far along are you? 
    23 weeks

How big is baby? 
    App says about the size of a grapefruit... but my anatomy scan a couple weeks ago said baby was about 2wks bigger than schedule. So not sure where it's really at.

Appointments coming up?
    Glucose test next Friday, April 14th 

Physically - stiff and sore a lot. Been feeling stabbing pain in my right shoulder blade and breast bone.
    Emotionally - still doesn't feel real... Don't really feel "pregnant" per say. Not sure how to explain it. 

Been feeling the kicks pretty regularly on the inside... Can't wait until DH and I can feel them on the outside. I'm on the heavier side, so that's been making it a little tough to feel on outside. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:
    Feel really fat. I've got the "B" belly, so my top is protruding farther than my bottom. Wish I had that little basketball bump. :-/ Oh well... as long as baby is healthy! <3    

GTKY: What activity restores you mentally/physically/spiritually/emotionally? In other words, what gives you life? (Example: yoga, journaling, painting...)  
    Art/crafting, music, and walking are all good relaxers for me. Music is probably more predominate because I tend to pair it with the other activities. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • @HGRich Sorry it's been a rough go for you lately.  Hopefully you will have a smooth last week. How exciting that you only have one more week to go!

@dznuts  I am also an artist.  I actually teach art too.  It is so relaxing. What kind of art do you do?

AFM _____tw loss mentioned-------

I actually intro-ed on a separate thread but here is a quick recap...  I had an ectopic 9/23/16 and a CP last cycle. I am cautiously optimistic about this pregnancy because it feels much different. 

How far along are you? 

4 weeks 5 days 

How big is baby? 
    Poppy seed (hopefully snug in my uterus)

Appointments coming up?
    Early ultrasound this week to check to see if baby is in the right spot. 

PGAL brain is crazy. I will not be able to relax until I see this baby in my uterus!

A GREAT ultrasound.  The only ultrasound I have ever had was a terrible one with an empty uterus. 

Rants/Raves/Questions:

Running really restores me but I am not going to run until I see that this baby is in the right place.  I am too worried about a ruptured ectopic to do much physical activity which stinks because I am a very active person!
  • How far along are you? 23w6d

How big is baby? A grapefuit I think?

Appointments coming up? Growth scan tomorrow - on viability day! Big day :) Hopefully my last cervix check for awhile too :)

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically I have a cold, yuck. Because of it I ended up having a huge PGAL meltdown Saturday. I gave in and took Sudafed (OB approved) and, after I did, I pretty much stopped feeling movement for the rest of the day. Now, rational me said this is probably because I'm sick and restless and the baby is probably sleeping. or has changed positions. PGAL brain me freaked the eff out. Especially when I broke out the doppler and couldn't find the placenta or heart beat for a good few minutes which is rare for me. I finally found it - way on the other side (hence baby changed positions and not feeling movement) but good lord I was not in a good place. Needless to say, no more Sudafed for me, even though I think the two are not correlated at all. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Viability tomorrow!

Rants/Raves/Questions: As a planner I'm getting anxious about all sorts of things. Right now, I just want the nursery painted (next week, finally) so I can get the furniture in and start organizing things. Namely - get them all out of our dining room!! 

GTKY: What activity restores you mentally/physically/spiritually/emotionally? In other words, what gives you life? (Example: yoga, journaling, painting...) I was a running before IVF but I had to dial that back so now I've just been walking and doing pre-natal yoga, which I LOVE! But listening to music is what restores me. I love making playlists - it's my job amongst my friends for any occasion. I need to get on my birthing playlist!

@justsuzie - welcome and FX for H&H 9 months!! Please keep us posted.
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • @justsuzie thank you! Looking forward to hearing about your u/s!! Hope seeing your little bean makes you feel a lot better. :) 

@byrneme yay viability! It's such a nice milestone. Sorry you had a rough time with the PGAL brain. Hang in there. I had moments like that too where I found out she had moved sides and I couldn't find her for awhile either. Gah! But it gets better. 
    Also you reminded me about the playlist! I still haven't done mine! 

• @byrneme I am the complete opposite of organized and I can't even imagine getting my sh$t together to get tings into place. Good thing I have another 8 months to do so. What's your nursery color/ theme?

• LOL @justsuzie, I'm a planner by nature - literally, I spent 10+ years as an event planner before moving more to the marketing side. It's kind of funny that we aren't finding out the gender b/c that goes 100% against my M.O. Nursery colors are grey/white with hints of aqua and teal/elephant theme. I figure I can add in coral or navy if I want after the baby is here. 
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Im new. Have a long and complicated story. We lost our daughter Nora to stillbirth caused by Trisomy 18 17/02/2016. I also had a miscarriage 19/09/2016 at 8 weeks. Joining here as I need support. Found out I'm pregnant again and due in December.

1. 4w1d

2. Appleseed 

3. Counting down to my 1st appointment on the 12th. Had early bloodwork which was good.

4. Scared shitless. No real symptoms other than exhaustion and headaches.

5. See #3

6. No rants raves or anything right now.

7. Swimming, movies spending time with kids and husband.
  • @cmillar36 so sorry for all you've been through and for your losses. I don't blame you at all for your fear. Hope you can find some support here. Even when the boards aren't super active feel free to post as you need to for support. Glad you've had early blood work. Hoping with you for your double rainbow baby! 
  • Hey ladies, I haven't checked in in awhile :/ hope you are all doing well, and congrats to all the new bfps! It sucks how tumultuous pgal can be! I am hoping to do better about posting and giving support when I can. 

How far along are you: 12+5

How big is baby: toy soldier 

How are you feeling emotionally and physically: doing pretty well lately. Still nervous that our next appt will show no growth, even with a heartbeat. 

Next appt: Monday, April 10 is our NT scan. Can't wait to see baby and will hopefully feel some relief that things are going well. 

Rants/raves/questions: not right now!

gtky: something that restores me? I love walking! And especially with my music in and  clear and sunny day. Love it. 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• @Uhlease13 congrats on second trimester right around the corner! Keep us posted on your NT scan. 
  • @byrneme Gray and white is classy.  Love aqua.  I was thinking we would do some sort of animal theme because DH an me love animals.  Sloths are my thang. 

@Uhlease13 FX crossed for you!