October 2017 Moms

Baby Memory Books

keiraannekeiraanne member
edited April 2017 in October 2017 Moms
Now that DH and I have our first ultrasound photos, we're thinking of starting a baby memory book to collect things along the way. Have any of you started one yet and, if so, did you find a great one online?

Re: Baby Memory Books

• i just scrapbook and put them in there. i wish i wrote more things down though. bc i just started DD2's (2 years later) and i dont remember jack.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • i just started ours! I ordered a really cute baby book on Amazon.  you might find some luck on there :)
    \

• Loading the player...
  • I have a bigger book, but I highly recommend getting a calendar one like this - https://www.amazon.com/C-R-Gibson-Calendar-Stickers-Provided/dp/B00I0BEIE0/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1491505250&sr=8-1&keywords=baby+calendar+first+year+with+stickers&th=1
    (not the one that I have, but it looks close enough)

I hung it in DD's room and I'd just mark things in there as they happened each day. Then later on (when I had time), I'd go into more details in the baby book. It was just super convenient to throw a sticker on the date she hit milestones and then go into detail later. Sometimes I just didn't have the time to really say what I wanted to say when it happened. 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My Mom bought me this one https://www.emilyley.com/products/the-el-baby-book last year. She got it when she was buying a gift for someone else and put it up for safe keeping. I looooooooooove it. It's currently out of stock right now, but says it'll be available again in May. 
    Me: 31 DH: 35
    Married since 05.16.2009
    Expecting #1: 10.10.2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • purplestarzpurplestarz member
    edited April 2017
    I just bought one last weekend for this baby at babies r us but I saw some cute ones on Amazon too. DH was giving me crap because DD's is barely written in. I'm terrible. I'll do it, I swear.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • acnd08 That one is soooo cute! :)
  • natleilynn That calendar is really precious! I love that it looks all hand-stitched. Such a nice suggestion. :)
  • ksf13ksf13 member
    I do Shutterfly books. For DD I have a pregnancy journal (started on for this one already), one for her birth story/hospital pictures, one for her first and second year and for all of her birthday parties. Once she turned three I started doing them each season and will still do birthday parties. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I do Shutterfly books. For DD I have a pregnancy journal (started on for this one already), one for her birth story/hospital pictures, one for her first and second year and for all of her birthday parties. Once she turned three I started doing them each season and will still do birthday parties. 
    Oh yes, I do photo books for DD, too. I do a family "yearbook" each year and then DD gets her own. Shew that's going to be double work this year. I'm planning to catch up over maternity leave.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I do Shutterfly books. For DD I have a pregnancy journal (started on for this one already), one for her birth story/hospital pictures, one for her first and second year and for all of her birthday parties. Once she turned three I started doing them each season and will still do birthday parties. 
    Oh yes, I do photo books for DD, too. I do a family "yearbook" each year and then DD gets her own. Shew that's going to be double work this year. I'm planning to catch up over maternity leave.

this reminds me, I need to get our 2016 family year book ordered.  I have it ready just haven't ordered it. 
  • @mrs_fogue my life. They're a little expensive this year with all the extra pages so I've been holding off. As soon as I get the baby bill paid off in June I think I'll end up ordering them. I just need to actually start 2017 already. Liiiiiittle behind.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @natleilynn who do you use?  I'm currently using Picaboo because I love their use of Google photos which is where all of my photos are stored.  But yeah, it was a little expensive this year. 
  • I have a journal for each kid that I start in pregnancy and add to until they're five. I also have a "family journal" I keep in google drive for general family memories and for birthday entries. I also make a Shutterfly book each Christmas and give each kid a copy ...they seem to enjoy looking through them, especially the girls. 
  • keriflores Shutterfly books are so much fun to make! I love that you make them for your DD. I should get started on a pregnancy journal ASAP!
  • I started doing the family yearbook when DD was born in 2013. 2013 is as far as I got. I'm a little behind....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @Colada584 I feel like that'll happen to me too!  :D
  • Don't have much to add as FTM but I'd like to start soon. I feel like I'm a little behind starting in 2nd tri but want to remember all of it. It's been so miserable it may be the last  :wink:
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel so bad that I never did a pregnancy journal or baby book for my first...he's almost 1 1/2 years now.  What I did do was keep track of milestones in a monthly calendar, I don't know I was super busy/overwhelmed the first time around.  This time I have a regular journal for my pregnancy (just started) and I just bought this bundle:
    https://www.babyboybakery.com/shop/the-journal-bundle
    Its pricey, but I really like it and I love supporting this mom. I figure I can play catch up on my first with the toddler journal and will have the baby book for this one.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I recommend the ProjectLife App for any scrap booking. It's so easy and fun. That's what I am going to do with this kiddos book. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @MCraig1484 I love baby boy bakery! Thanks for sharing the link
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrs_fogue up until this year I used iPhoto because all my pictures were there anyway.  Expensive,  but excellent quality. I used Mpix our first year and loved it but then they changed their editor and I didn't like it as much.  My MacBook went bon voyage this year so I'm using MixBook.  I can't tell you about that quality yet since I haven't ordered it but the reviews were good. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @MCraig1484 I love those!!!
    Me: 31 DH: 35
    Married since 05.16.2009
    Expecting #1: 10.10.2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have a book that I can write milestones down and then do shutter fly photo books for pics. I'm trying not to go overboard with memorabilia..my mom saved EVERYTHING. I have bins upon bins of stuff from my childhood that she dropped off 1 day.  Most of it is junk that I tossed haha.  Also highly recommend a pregnancy journal.  I've loved being able to look back at it now that I'm preggo with #2
  • @baker1jm2 that's a good point. My mom tried to dump boxes of old arts and crafts projects I did as a kid, etc, and I'm just like...I don't are about this stuff. Funny enough she kept my baby book and that's really the only thing I'd be interested in.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I would wait to buy a memory book. I got one off Amazon and the next day my co-worker got me a really pretty one from Pottery Barn. They are pretty common baby shower gifts.