May 2017 Moms

**Great Big Labor Thread for the week of 4/3/17**

As previously agreed upon, we are trying to avoid multiple individual labor threads and questions about labor. Here is the place to talk labor, inductions, worries, fears, and/or questions. I believe we said we'd do it on a weekly basis, someone correct me if I'm wrong

*Idea stolen from O16/J17 and Text from O16* --> EVERYTHING STOLEN FROM FEB17

Post here anything labor related! Really, anything. Whether your water breaks, your contractions are irregular or timetable, you're dilating, you're in pre-term labor or false labor, or even on the way to the hospital! This is the thread for all of that. And also - if anyone has any questions about labor related issues/symptoms/things, post those here too. Not that we are doctors, but some STM and TTM ladies may have experience or advice! 

birth miracle GIF

Re: **Great Big Labor Thread for the week of 4/3/17**

• Loading the player...
  • Haha I was thinking the same thing @hp_momma yech

• I've been having Braxton hicks contractions, so my body is gearing up. My goal is to go into labor during Super Kids Day at school. (Totally joking, but that day does fall on my due date.)
  • Man I feel like I'm missing out lol didn't get to see my mucous plug or placenta with ds and my water broke as I was peeing in a bedpan at the hospital....
  • Not sure if this is where this should go, but looks like I've landed myself in L & D
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • schnitz9 said:
    Not sure if this is where this should go, but looks like I've landed myself in L & D
    Definitely where you belong! 
    Why the unpleasant trip to L&D?! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • @schnitz9 I hope everything is ok! Keep us updated if you can.
  • Wow my whole post got cutoff. Had a few BH yesterday and woke up at 4am to blood soaked undies
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Hope everything is alright @schnitz9! Keep us updated when you can! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @schnitz9 Yikes! I hope everything is alright.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @schnitz9 I hope things are going okay! update us when you can!
  • Oh no @schnitz9! I hope everything is ok! I will be thinking about you guys today.  
  • schnitz9 said:
    schnitz9 said:
    Wow my whole post got cutoff. Had a few BH yesterday and woke up at 4am to blood soaked undies
    Wtf mobile bumping sucks keeps getting cutoff. Met with OB and MFM and it looks like I have a partial placenta abruption which is causing the bleeding and contractions about 5-6 min apart. They've given me 5 doses of meds to slow down the contractions since I'm only 32 weeks. And I've been given my first round of steroids. Right now their goal is to keep him in through the weekend and then work from there. They've let me know however that I'm here through the duration of the pregnancy
    Oof. Sending lots of positive vibes that your baby can stay put for as long as possible. So sorry you have to be on hospital stay now.
  • Ugh, hospital stay. I'm sorry!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • oh man @schnitz9 sorry to hear that! Hopefully we can entertain you while on your hospital stay! Sending positive vibes your way!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • @schnitz9 I'm so sorry to hear you're having these symptoms and at L&D. Thinking about you! Update as you can. Hope everything goes well!
  • @schnitz9 I'm so sorry but at least your in a safe place! If you need anything let us know!
  • Oh my gosh @schnitz9 I'm sorry you're stuck there! Hopefully the babe can stay inside!
  • CarmCeGCarmCeG member
    edited April 2017

@schnitz9 Oh, I'm sorry for the hospital stay. I hope everything goes well!! Hopefully, you can get someone to bring you some light reading. Sending positives vibes you way ~~~~~ :)

I have a question, are actual labor contractions (mild) ever followed by nausea? Have any of you experienced this? I started to feel something similar to this yesterday.. I am seeing my MW today, but I obviously can't wait for an answer.

23 y/o;
    First time mommy <3 [05/06/17]

90% of the way there :D

Pregnancy Ticker

• @schnitz9 - I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope everything goes according to plan through the weekend! FX for good news!

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • @schnitz9, I'm sorry you're going through that. Sending positive vibes your way!
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• kat81kat81 member
    CarmCeG said:

I have a question, are actual labor contractions (mild) ever followed by nausea? Have any of you experienced this? I started to feel something similar to this yesterday.. I am seeing my MW today, but I obviously can't wait for an answer.

For me yes I vomited during both labors. But only when I was well into active labor. I vomited from the intensity of the pain. During early labor I didn't experience any nausea.

• @kat81 So Tuesday, I noticed I started to lose pieces of my mucus plug, then yesterday I started to feel mild back pain followed by nausea-not to the point of throwing up.

I had eaten breakfast, and once these symptoms started I sat down, drank water and ate a banana, but I still felt the pulsing back pain throughout the day..

I did call my MW and she said if it was bearable I could wait to see her today at my weekly appt.

I don't know, I just have a feeling I'll be going into labor sooner than my DD. So, I'd like to know about experiences of the weeks leading up to DD..

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• Hang in there @schnitz9! Have the contractions slowed at all? Are you having back labor? 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @CarmCeG: I (like @kat81) vomited during my actual labor, during those "real" contractions, so I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility to have nausea happen during mild or preterm labor or BH. But I'd def ask your MW. (And then maybe post again with what she tells you, so that we can learn if it's common/normal/expected/a red flag. Thanks!)
  • @schnitz9 I'm sorry you are in this situation! Thinking about you and that sweet baby.
  • @SKZW I deff will! I also think its not far from normal seeing as every woman/pregnancy is different. I haven't had nausea throughout my pregnancy, so I guess it'd be fair to start experiencing it now or during labor lol

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• Yiggle09Yiggle09 member
    edited April 2017
    @CarmCeG the day I was having contractions I felt mildly nauseous. I was given anti nausea meds for labor because I was feeling sick with ds two years ago. My cousin felt nauseous stomach sick all day didn't realize it was labor got to Dr's later that day barely made it to delivery room to have the baby!
  • @CarmCeG Third trimester morning sickness is pretty common too so it may be that. Your stomach/intestines/organs in general are pretty much out of room so I personally wouldn't be surprised at any nausea at this point. 

I did get nauseous during my really strong contractions before I had an epidural but I feel like that was more from the super intense pain. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @Yiggle09 Interesting! When I looked it up, I found this statement "Flu-like symptoms, including mild nausea and diarrhea, are yet another sign that labor may be imminent" ...

this is why I'm interested in knowing.. I'll be heading in for my appointment soon and I'll deff let you ladies know what my MW says!

23 y/o;

Pregnancy Ticker

• @CarmCeG in labor and delivery they also asked if I'd been nauseous when I went there for help fwiw
  • both times Ive had "real" contractions so far this pregnancy, the whole day before they started I felt gross. I kept trying to explain to my mom how I felt and I couldn't, just that I felt gross and off and then later contractions started. I would think nausea could be possible, just like some people get diarrhea.
  • @carmceg when i was actually pushing at the end (even with the epidural) I kept feeling like i was going to throw up, so I think during labor it is very common.

it stinks because so many things are just "normal pregnancy symptoms" like nausea and vomiting... basically I think it can happen at any time for any reason during pregnancy and they will say its normal. I think it depends on the other symptoms with it. But let us know what MW says.
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker