Success after IF

If you were on Vivelle dots after IVF...

When did you get the OK to stop them? ?

My nurse called today to tell me to cut my PIO to 1cc instead of 1 1/2 (YAY!)...and I'm pretty sure she said to stop my patches. ?Does this sound right? ?I'm totally second guessing myself though because she called while I was in the middle of a class and just had a lot of stuff on my mind. ?I can't imagine I'd totally make up that I can stop them though. ?I didn't even have a chance to ask for my levels (she called during my most unruly class so I can't leave them while I'm in the hall for long). ?

I called the message system - so hopefully someone will get back to me....but what was your situation? And what would you do if you were me and the nurse never called you back tonight? ?

?For example - if I don't hear back tonight, should I go with what I'm almost totally certain she said and take them both off or wait until the AM for a call back. ?Would 18 hours make that big of a difference??

Thanks!?

Re: If you were on Vivelle dots after IVF...

• My IVF coordinator said I will most likely quit after my first ultrasound tomorrow. I think she said they want to confirm a heartbeat and then I can be done.  Not 100% sure about that, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That sounds right - I just had to wait over the weekend for my lab results since they submitted all my pre-natal work with everything else.

I just HATE second guessing myself!

?

• Loading the player...
  • I stopped pretty early.  I think it was after my 1st u/s when we saw the h/b.  I was 6w1d. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The day of my first u/s (6w6d) I was ok'd to stop them, but I had just put on a new patch that morning.  I left the patch on for the days that remained in the schedule I had been on.

Megan Hope 2yrs 3months

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I weaned from my patches during week 11.  Honestly, I think it was probably longer than most people go on them - I was just super paranoid.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Amber
    TTC since March '06
    MFI, LPD, possible PCOS
    3 chem pgs * m/c identical twins at 9w 10.06
    IVF w/ICSI #2 - beta - 187! (9dp5dt), beta - 367! (11dp5dt)
    IVF w/ICSI #3 - it's a girl!
    My IF Blog: Between the Lines
    My Parenting Blog: Letters From Your Mama
  • I seem to remember being told I could stop the Vivelle after my second beta blood draw.  They tested my estrogen level and it was fine, so I was clear.  You're probably fine.  If it'll make you feel better, you can keep it on 'til the morning.  It won't hurt anything.
  • My nurse told me probably around week 8.
  • Oh man Sara I am so sorry but I am not exactly sure when Dr. Neal let me stop the Vivelle dots. I think it depends on your bloodwork - if things looked good, they may let you stop. I know that they weren't satisfied with my estrogen levels (and at the 7dp3dt blood draw, they told me later that they thought I wasn't pregnant because my estrogen was so low) but I think I was on them for awhile.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"