May 2017 Moms

Hogwarts- FB- Is it time?

Re: Hogwarts- FB- Is it time?

• Second all of @starphish18's nominations. 
  • Second what @kat81 said, regarding not making cut off too early or harsh.
  • Loading the player...
  • bacorrea said:

As for organization at Hogwarts, we did a daily chat, and then normal threads, HDBD (baby) like @hp_momma said, UOs, FFFC, etc. Hogwarts can be very organized. 
    It makes me happy to hear Hogwarts can be organized too. I like the flow of this board and was wondering if FB was just a free-for-all.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I also stand behind @starphish18 and her suggestions, as well as her nomination. It's good to see FB can have posting structure like here--I've found this group and scheduling super stabilizing. 
  • I also agree with @starphish18 's suggestions and her nomination. Great picks! 
  • I just know fb was a life saver during motn pumps and helped me connect with other moms who were up too. I never joined my previous Sept 15 fb group and I honestly can't remember when they did it but I feel it was pretty early.
  • Yiggle09 said:
    I just know fb was a life saver during motn pumps and helped me connect with other moms who were up too. I never joined my previous Sept 15 fb group and I honestly can't remember when they did it but I feel it was pretty early.
    MOTN feeding/pumping is a killer. There are only so many articles you can read! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • No real preferences, unless TB never comes back to me via mobile. A lot of ladies on my first BMB also went over to Instagram, which I felt even more comfortable with since it was only photos. But I see the appeal of thread on FB (other than the duplication here at TB). I felt pretty bummed when my July '13 BMB fizzled out postpartum.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• @mrsrep123 and @chailife34 I'll be sticking around as well :) no hogwarts for me. 

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• When do you want to start it?I think sooner rather than later.  I've never been the admin on a FB group, but IMO the admins will need time to send out Hogwart letters and would probably prefer doing admin-type things before taking on the daunting task of caring for a newborn.  
    How many admins should there be?I like 5. I also think all the names that have been mentioned would be great admins. 
    How do we determine who should join?Longevity combined with consistent activity. 
    Do we want to set a cut off date for joining? If so, when?I think a cutoff would be helpful. I'm torn on when and defer to the admins to make these type of decisions.  
    What else am I missing...?Can't think of anything. 
    Sorry for all the dang bullets. I'm mobile and couldn't get them to go away.  
  • I fully plan on trying to keep up with TB and FB once LO is here...I just know it will most likely be crazy the first month or so, but also that MOTN shenanigans (one of my favorite words!) will also make me want to bump/fb post. I don't want to miss out on any of the ladies who will be on TB only! I'm all about support for all! 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Does someone want to set up a poll or whatever to help pick/nominate Admins?
  • @Jens_Hoes - I was thinking about the logistics of choosing admins this morning and I don't mean to make it super complicated but I wonder if there is a way in which we can vote for multiple people or have multiple polls, narrow it down, then  vote again, or something like that, just given that we have that many admins to choose. I would hate to just have one vote when we have that many people to vote in. I don't know, maybe I'm making it too difficult.  Anyone have any great ideas on how to handle?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• starphish18starphish18 member
    edited April 2017
    I was thinking about logistics, too. We could have just a thread where people reply with up to 5 people they vote for, someone tallies it up after a designated amount of time, and top 5 take it?

ETA: Or, like someone mentioned, maybe we're overthinking the whole thing? Haha
  • pshaortaopshaortao member
    edited April 2017
    Id say start with one poll and see how it goes from there. Do we even have the option to vote 5 put of however many? It might be best to go through a third party website (handled by someone that wont be polled)

• @pshaortao That's a good idea! I bet there is a website where we could start a poll and people could vote for multiples.
  • I think google has a polling option? I know I've voted on something somewhere... 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Survey Monkey is the one I had thought of, I thought there is a way to make it where you can select multipol
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• I only lurked on dd's birth month board. I obviously didn't do the fb group so i don't have any previous experience, but seems like FB would be way easier since i'm already on there. I'd like to see it go ahead and get started too, and hope that I'll be a part of it! i like the nominations for admins so far and like that we're shooting for 5. I'm sure everyone will be super busy at first so some leniency will be nice in the beginning. 

May be a silly question, but will there be one huge group or will we have multiple groups? 
  • I agree with what everyone else I proposing...this is my first experience with this sort of thing so I will leave it up to the ones with the know how. 

Shout out to @nda_roxybabe for thinking of me :)
  • @jayandaplus great job with the poll!
                     imageimage
    Anniversary
  • How long should the poll be open for? Days? Weeks?
  • How long should the poll be open for? Days? Weeks?
    48 hours? Or maybe leave it open through Sunday? 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • I would say through at least half of the weekend so our weekend posters can get in on it too. 

• Maybe close it Sunday at noon, so most everyone has a chance to see. 

Do you think it needs its own thread in case people aren't following this thread closely? 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• pshaortaopshaortao member
    edited April 2017
    KMD1106 said:
    Maybe close it Sunday at noon, so most everyone has a chance to see. 

Do you think it needs its own thread in case people aren't following this thread closely? 
    KMD1106 said:
    Maybe close it Sunday at noon, so most everyone has a chance to see. 

Sorry for the double quotes, mobile bumping here. It seems like a lot of votes are coming in so far. I'd probably just bring it up in the weekend thread with the link as a friendly reminder?