Infertility

April TWW

sorry if there's already a board for this, but I didn't see one!

Re: April TWW

• Hi @Aera11! I'm in the 2WW with you :) I had my 2nd IUI on 3/31 so I have another 8 days before suggested testing....I'm thinking I might be able to hold out another 3  :D
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• I am in the 2ww too! Had iui on 4/2 with an ovidrel shot. Right now I am planning to test out the trigger. And technically supposed to test on 4/16. 

How do youbstay occupied? It's all I can think about.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I am also in the TWW, IUI yesterday. GL ladies!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• We did our first FET on the 31st. Test day is next Monday. I wonder if I can get my husband to take a weekend trip to occupy our minds. We both desperately want this.
  • My beta is tomorrow so my TWW is almost done, but I guess I will be officially finding out in April so hey y'all!
  • How long does it take for the trigger/Ovidrel to be out? Last IVF cycle I didn't test early & got blindsided with an early AF & I'm hoping to avoid that again.

when is your beta @SoonToBeMommaHowe?  Will you test early?

@lindyc13 what kind of tests are you using?  I have target cheapies which look like the frer's but I'm thinking I should splurge on the real deal. I'm on light bed rest & am already going insane.  I've stock piled shows on my dvr & have books.  What are you doing to pass the time?

@stella700 a weekend away sounds amazing!  I told DH I'll need one if this IVF fails...time for a get-a-way.  Do you live somewhere where there's a fun destination within driving?

omg @dragonette505 I'm so excited for you!!! Did you test early or holding off?  FX you get that bfp!  
  • @Aera11 The work week will keep me occupied  but this next weekend looms like an endless stretch of painful waiting. I'm in dfw maybe a getaway cabin with some trails or something. Something to do and keep our minds away from test day and away from the hpt tests...

@dragonette505 I'm very much hoping for good news tomorrow for you.

I hate the PIO, hate it. Since the transfer I've been overly cautious with the heating pad, just concerned that the heat would cause implantation issues. I warm the oil itself of course but its a marked difference in my discomfort level without that heating pad. Any suggestions, last night's shot was the worst yet, I had a minor meltdown.
  • Aera11 Hey, I tested every day post trigger till now and have never gotten a negative. Of course that means I will not have anything confirmed till tomorrow.
    I have heard most commonly that the trigger is out by 10 dp trigger but for some can still be present as far out as 15 dp trigger. I don't think that's my case, but I could be wrong....
    stella_700  I've heard the PIO is pretty tough to bear, but I also hate these progesterone suppositories because ***TMI they leak! and honestly it feels like I'm getting my period several times a day... I go to the bathroom and nope... just leaking progesterone, but it still makes me worried every time I look!
  • lindyc13  as someone at the very end of the TWW I can tell you, the first 4 or 5 days are ok.... everything after that is sheer torture. Its so different from just a normal TWW (which is also madness) But when you've had a procedure the torture is jacked up that much more! Just make sure you are taking care of yourself and keep busy with stuff like acupuncture or whatever self care you're doing
  • Oh I'm so sorry about the PIO @stella_700 :( I've heard those are rough.  Trails sound great! It's 50s & gloomy here which is nice since I'm stuck inside. 

@dragonette505 thank you! I might POAS tomorrow just to see what I'm working with.  
  • @aera11 I used the cheapie tests from Amazon. Wandfo is one brand. It's like $10 for 20 tests last time I bought them. 

Nothing yet besides reading really keeps me occupied during this 2ww
  • @aera11 my RE won't do a beta until after a +HPT. My LP is typically 12-14 days but after my first IUI it was 16 so I'm thinking by next Friday I would have AF if she's coming. 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @aera11 I'm with @dragonette505 triggers are usually out by day 10 but in some women and in some cycles it can hang out a lot longer. fx!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• I've heard of wondfos @lindyc13, I'll have to check them out, thanks!!  

Thank you @wabash15!  I'll probably start tomorrow or Thursday & go from there :)
  • Hey ladies! I didn't see the board till now! 2ww over here, IUI was 4/1- I know some of you from other boards in here. But I had 6 mature follicles and they talked long and hard about multiples but we wanted to move forward. Feel like we have a stronger chance for at least one healthy baby!
  • First official April BFP.... Beta is 207 today so officially +
    Second Beta Friday
    Congrats!
  • Yessssss @dragonette505!!!!  Congrats :) 
  • @dragonette505 I have been stalking you so hard on the ttgp board and AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! CONGRATS!!!! 
    Me: 31 Husby: 36
    Married May 2014
    TTC # 2  Since December 2021
    Baby girl W born 2/2021
    Our journey so far...
    (tw loss & infertility)
    Diagnosis: Poor Egg Quality 
    Working with an RE since March 2016
    2 failed TI cycles
    3 failed IUI cycles

IVF Feb - April 2017
    23 eggs collected, 20 mature, 14 fertilized with ICSI, 4 day 3 blasts, 3 day 5 blasts, 1 PGS normal
    Transferred 1 PGS normal embryo 4.12.17
    BFP 4.21.17
    MMC due to small gestational sac 6.8.17

Our adoption journey:
    12.25.18 Agency picked and apps submitted!
    5.1.19 Adoption on hold so we can buy a house! 
    1.1.20 Homestudy process started
    3.14.20 First social worker visit
    5.25.20 Homestudy Approved & Submitted to Agency

6.1.20 Surprise! Positive pregnancy test!
    Healthy baby girl born 2/10/2021

• Way to start April off right @dragonette505!! Congratulations!!
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @dragonette505- I'm so happy for you. Praying those numbers go up and you have a healthy 9 months.
  • lindyc13lindyc13 member
    edited April 2017
    @dragonette505 Congrats! Keep us posted. 
  • When is everyone testing?! I'm trying to stay strong- today I had low back and low belly cramps- trying not to read into anything yet! 
  • I won't test till at least 4/14 but should wait till 4/16. The tww feel like forever 
  • @dragonette505 CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• lindyc13 said:
    I won't test till at least 4/14 but should wait till 4/16. The tww feel like forever 
    Ugh same here! I could test 4/14-4/15 but gonna wait till 4/16-4/17. The 15th is my baby sisters wedding and I don't wanna take away from that regardless of the outcome. Yes it's forever!!!
  • I have my beta on Friday for my Second IUI. This has been the longest 2ww!
    edited April 2017
    @bpietronicco good luck on Friday! FX for a BFP! 
  • @morgan&paul2010 I'm having mild cramps and some nausea but I can't read into it because it's too early.  My beta is 4.13 but I might start testing early next  week...I need more tww distractions
  • Aera11 said:
    @morgan&paul2010 I'm having mild cramps and some nausea but I can't read into it because it's too early.  My beta is 4.13 but I might start testing early next  week...I need more tww distractions
    Same! I've actually had really bad low back pain today- maybe it's just the way I slept? Who knows! I leave tomorrow for Florida to go to my parents house. I'm getting in a week before my sisters wedding to help. I am so grateful for the distraction! So I may be a little distant the next week or so but I will check in when I can :) baby dust to all- I have so much hope this month feels so right!
  • According to my RE im supposed to test on 4/12, im thinking Saturday sounds like a good day to start though. ;)
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• @morgan&paul2010 Florida sounds amazing right about now!  I agree with you though, better to test when you're back home.  You're a good sister :) 

@SoonToBeMommaHowe your test day is right before mine!  I'm going to POAS tomorrow to see if my trigger is out of my system.  If so, I'll be starting on Saturday like you. 
  • @Aera11 We're beta buddies! My beta should be 4/13, but my clinic says to POAS on 4/11.

@dragonette505 Congratulations! 

AFM I had IVF abroad with DE in Cyprus. It started as a tandem cycle, but we couldn't use my OE. I just got back home yesterday. I've had a little cramping here and there, but it feels different than my normal period cramps and in different locations. I'm so excited and trying not to go nuts. I'm taking the progesterone suppositories, thank God. I was terrified of that shot. Good luck, everyone! 
  • Aera11Aera11 member
    edited April 2017
    Yay @clovelyone!  Will you test before 4.11?  I'm on crinone & it's like swamp vag...so gross, but better than shots.
    I POAS this am and there's a faint squinter.  I'm guessing it's the last of my trigger still in my system.  My Ovidrel was last Wednesday so it's only been 8 days.  Today starts the every day testing til AF or beta. I've never done this before & can totally see where it messes with your head!
    edited April 2017
    @clovelyone and @Aera11 how are you handling the progesterone? I am taking it too and I have been not feeling well since I started with bloat, and upset stomach. 
  • I'm on the pio shots and estrace. Can those mess with a test? I didn't take any trigger shot with this FET. If I tested would it give me a false positive?

• @stella_700 no they should not mess with your tests. the PIO can affect temps if your temping.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 That is what I thought. I'm 6dp5dt and feeling the need to POAS like a crazy lady. DH wants to wait for blood test. I don't know how he can remain so calm.

My current unsettled stomach isn't helping my symptom spotting. It is seriously ratcheting up my hopefulness.
  • @stella_700 I've had an unsettled stomach too.  Severe food aversions.  I know it's too early but it's messing with my head! 
  • @lindyc13 I'm okay with the progesterone, it just starts to leak out throughout the day which is disgusting.