October 2017 Moms

Why my Pregnant Self is Crying (3/31)

It's been awhile, so what's making you cry this week?

Re: Why my Pregnant Self is Crying (3/31)

• Last night's Grey's. Like full-on hysterical mess at the end. Dh looked at me and goes "are you ok". Doesn't he know that asking that makes it worse?!
  • First off, I am not a crier. I have been insanely emotional this pregnancy. My DH is scared to death, I think. 

@sjohns08 I have not watched yet, but I know I will be ridiculous. You should have seen me a few episodes back on "This Is Us". I won't say what it was in case we have some not caught up, but I'll just say it involved Randall. I cried so hard it was not even funny. Like full body sobbing, eyes swollen, I had to pause it cause I was crying too hard to even know what was going on. 

For anyone that watched "Parenthood" - I gauge every sad episode of ANY TV show by the Christmas episode of that one. Those familiar know exactly the episode I speak of. I'll say, "Is it gonna make me cry harder than the Parenthood Christmas episode?" It was bad. So bad. :lol: 
    Me: 31 DH: 35
    Married since 05.16.2009
    Expecting #1: 10.10.2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @acnd08 oh man, that episode of This is Us had me too. Two of them actually, when it was Randall at the end having a breakdown and the one with his bio dad. 

Parenthood. That series finale was tough. And I was even pregnant. Just thinking about my own life and how hard that would be
  • ksf13ksf13 member
    @sjohns08 I'm about to start last night's Grey's Anatomy. Agh, I don't like how that sounds lol. I'm sure that's probably about to be the reason I'm crying then! 

@acnd08 Oh gosh, that Christmas episode!  :(
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh man, @acnd08 ! I just caught up on This Is Us - full on ugly cry! I just can't keep it together with that show. Lol. SO thinks I'm crazy for "putting myself through that" as he says, but it's such a good show!
  •  I was also going to post about "This is Us." I'm not completely caught up yet but almost every episode has me in tears at some point. And don't even get me started thinking about parenthood lol

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sjohns08 Oh gosh the series finale where they were all playing baseball in that finale scene. Cried all way through it. Sobbed. I just cannot. 

@Smartin90 My DH says the same thing. "Why do you do that to yourself?!" Men don't understand the difference between good cries and bad cries.....haha. 
    Married since 05.16.2009

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @acnd08 Yes!! Sometimes a good cry is all you need too! Haha. I just always remind him of the ridiculous movies I've seen him tear up at and that usually shuts him up. :lol:
  • It's so strange. Normally, I am such a crier. Even commercials make me a wreck. But since getting pregnant? Not a single tear has been shed!
  • I got stuck in traffic yesterday and had to call DD's preschool to tell her I was going to be late. And while I sat in traffic, in the rain, I bawled. 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think the most random "real life" breakdown I had was one night I was getting ready for bed, DH was already in bed reading, and I started crying about my Dad (who has been gone almost 6 years, so not like a recent event triggered it) and I paced around our bedroom crying for 45 minutes while he sat on the end of the bed lost as to what to do for me. I'm telling you, the woman he's known for almost 11 years was a hard ass. This new pregnant version has him all confused, haha! 
    Married since 05.16.2009

Pregnancy Ticker
  • yasandsonyasandson member
    edited April 2017
    Aaaaawnnn @acnd08 ❤️ i felt like crying (and hugging you! Lol)  just reading your post lol. Im sorry about your loss. Honestly i am the type of person that doesnt like confrontation. I like explanations, or debates but as soon the person elevates their voice im out of there..... To cry lol. 
    Being pregnant has actually changed that. I yell instead of crying though that hasnt happened often (maybe 2 times.) 
    Movies with sad stories surrounding children are what make me cry these days! 
    Edited to add : and my vivid nightmares!!! 
  • Someone offered me their seat on the subway....and it took everything with in me not burt into tears. 
    \

• We sent my older 2 off to grandma and grandpa's last night.  Usually I'm like...see ya.  But I cried and cried, lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • acnd08 said:
    First off, I am not a crier. I have been insanely emotional this pregnancy. My DH is scared to death, I think. 

@sjohns08 I have not watched yet, but I know I will be ridiculous. You should have seen me a few episodes back on "This Is Us". I won't say what it was in case we have some not caught up, but I'll just say it involved Randall. I cried so hard it was not even funny. Like full body sobbing, eyes swollen, I had to pause it cause I was crying too hard to even know what was going on. 

For anyone that watched "Parenthood" - I gauge every sad episode of ANY TV show by the Christmas episode of that one. Those familiar know exactly the episode I speak of. I'll say, "Is it gonna make me cry harder than the Parenthood Christmas episode?" It was bad. So bad. :lol: 
    Favorite show of all time!!!! Ugly cried through every season. Which Christmas episode do you speak of though? 
  • @Knottie1447173547 The one where Kristina was soooooo sick and in the hospital. The video Adam found that she'd recorded. Oh....my....Lorddddddd!  :'(:'(:'(
    Married since 05.16.2009

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @feeislove Moana definitely made me cry too!! 
  • I'm binge watching my way through Boy Meets World (don't judge me, it's my childhood). The episode in the NICU had me ugly crying.
  • acnd08acnd08 member
    edited April 2017
    @soprano19 Just wait until the final episode of the series!  :'( I know you've already watched it, but to this day if I see it, I still cry, haha. 
    Married since 05.16.2009

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I got stuck in traffic yesterday and had to call DD's preschool to tell her I was going to be late. And while I sat in traffic, in the rain, I bawled. 
    I'd be crying too! Our daycare charges $15 for late pickups!
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • We sent my older 2 off to grandma and grandpa's last night.  Usually I'm like...see ya.  But I cried and cried, lol.
    I understand you.  I and my husband were sick since Wednesday night.  We sent my 2 year old over to his aunts house Thursday night and on Saturday morning I was bawling about how I missed my baby and it literally felt like he was gone 3 days. I checked my phone it had only been a  little over 1 day 
  • Cuz I'm watching A League Of Their Own and "Henson dropped the ball!  Henson dropped the ball!!"
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • My son is starting nursery tmrw. I have never been apart from him for more than a few hours. I am starting a new job tomorrow and will be working until this baby is due. I am so sad right now and anxiety is really kicking in. He'll be there all day, 5 days a week and I am not there for him and after work we only have a few hours together.  :'(
  • AiramH said:
    My son is starting nursery tmrw. I have never been apart from him for more than a few hours. I am starting a new job tomorrow and will be working until this baby is due. I am so sad right now and anxiety is really kicking in. He'll be there all day, 5 days a week and I am not there for him and after work we only have a few hours together.  :'(
    Awwwwwn! Be strong mama! Im sure, since uve decided on the nursery, that uve made a good choice and hell be in good hands! ❤️
  • canonmom413canonmom413 member
    edited April 2017
    I threw a fit because we couldn't find any full over full bunk beds in person for my girls to look at. We went to 6 different furniture stores! I cried so hard when DD2 said she's fine with a twin over the full. She'll get top bunk which is the twin part. DD1 would get the full bottom bunk. I cried again thinking I'm doing her an injustice because she's currently in a full bed.  We bought the twin over full and while I sort of got over it, I'm sure I'll cry again when they come and set it up. But I don't trust online retailers and they could order the full over full but DH said they won't need to share a room all that long ( planning on moving next year) 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• I cried when, after realizing i had already gained 13 pounds, going on 15 weeks tomorrow, hubby told me hed find me beautiful even if i was 200 kgs and my face was covered in stretchmarks ( he added hed attach me to a car, start the engine, get it in first gear and force me to run if i got to 200kgs) 
  • What isn't my pregnant self crying about???

I'd be crying too! Our daycare charges $15 for late pickups!
    Oh my gosh!! Ours charges $1 per minute, but it was my first offense and I called as soon as I realized I was going to be late so they took mercy on me. The owner also knows I'm pregnant (since we have this LO signed up for a spot in January) and I think she took pity on my hormonal self. 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well, my grandma was put into hospice care last week. Which is a valid reason to cry, but it's just so hard still. It's hard that she's cohearent and knows what's going on and can't stop it and it's hard for us to know we're about to lose her and she won't meet this LO. 
  • On a lighter note I cried because DH went To work a couple weeks ago...... lol. 
    He has two jobs and works so hard for us. I just miss him. And he laughed at me which was understandable lol 
  • I cried today because my SO and I can't even decide where to go for dinner ( pretty sure he really doesn't care so he wants me to just pick) so how in the world will we ever decide on a name for a baby
  • @TheFathersDaughter93 so sorry about your grandma. That's such a tough thing. Hugs to you! 

@nursejennie76 yes! I cried for the exact same reason the other day. Like full blown tears because I just wanted him to pick what we were having for dinner for one night so I didn't have to think about it. Of course he didn't and I cried and cried. 

I cried today today because I brought DD (3 1/2) to my NT scan with me. She was so excited and is so in love with the baby. I just sat there crying as she was watching the screen. She has no idea what she's in for once the baby gets here! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  •  I'm a stay at home mom with a very demanding when you're old and I have been sick almost every day for this pregnancy so far. I feel like I'm just literally clawing my way through each day and nothing when my son goes down for a nap because I can never get enough sleep. This morning I was crying as my husband left for work because  although I tidy up our house all day long and clean the kitchen 1 million times we need to do a really good deep clean, scrubbing the floors washing the windows etc. I just don't have the energy to do that right now and I feel like my body needs rest more than anything else. I am home with my son  so that I could be spending meaningful time with him while he's awake and I just can't bear to do anything but sleep when he was down for his nap. I think I'm putting all this pressure on myself to be honest but nonetheless,that's why I was crying this morning.
  • Your energy will come back and you will be able to do it all again soon.  Don't be so hard on yourself. 

I'm so glad this thread resurfaced.  Last night I saw that picture photo album on facebook that a photographer had done of her dog, The day I went to heaven.  DH looked over as I was ugly crying over this dog and the beautiful day he had with his family.  And now I'm crying again.  So just warning, if you see this come across your facebook feed, look away!