March 2017 Moms
Options

App for tracking feedings and diaper changes

Hi everyone - any recommendations for good apps that track diaper changes and feedings? I'm looking for something that my hubs and I can have on our phones but only have one account.  
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: App for tracking feedings and diaper changes

• Options
    I'm using an app called "Nursing" (takes a while to scroll through the app store... icon has a purple background and a white mother/baby stick figure) that is simple and effective. I've stayed with the free version but know that if you purchase the full version it will let you sync your phone and tablet. Perhaps it will also let you have one account on both phones, then? But I can't promise, as I haven't tried to do that. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

*TW* - BFP & MC in March 2016.
    BFP in June 2016; EDD March 2017.
    Samuel born February 2017! 

• Options
    I use "Baby Tracker" and have really liked it

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    I've been using the Baby Tracker app since we've been home with baby for almost 3 weeks & I love it. I use it to track my baby's feedings & diaper changes. You can also track sleep & other things.

• Options
    dreamsjc1dreamsjc1 member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks! I'll look into these.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto to baby tracker. I've been keeping track of her weight too and you can track medication as well. It's pretty inclusive! 
    ME: 34
    DH: 37
    DD: 03/17/17
    DS: 12/06/19
  • Options
    I've used Baby Connect since DD was born 2.5 years ago. It has a lot of options, but can customize it to track as few or many things as you want, and you can have more than one child on it. For the baby I track nursing, bottles, diapers, sleep, meds, my pumping, and his upcoming dr appointments. With my older daughter I just track meds, Dr's appointments, and occasionally if she's sick I track her sleep, potty, and fluid intake. 
  • Options
    I also use baby connect...It's one your husband could also download so you both can enter data.
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    For STMs who tracked previously, how long did you track feedings, sleep and diapers?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    First baby I tracked the first couple weeks and then went cold turkey. 
  • Options
    I tracked feeding time for way too long for my first. It kind of became an obsession and I would freak out if he barely nursed. I also never accounted for he fact that he was getting older, eating solids and becoming more efficient. 

This round.. I tracked diapers and feedings for maybe the first 4 days. I'm a schedule person, so my son nurses every three hours and as long as he has wet diapers and I'm changing poopy diapers I'm good. 

I only share this experience because it's really easy to get wrapped up into it all.  But, if your baby is happy and on track for growth then try not to worry too much. 
    For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition that I made to him.
    1 Samuel 1:27
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I use one called Glow Baby, and use it just for feedings and wet diapers. I plan to use it until my 6wk appt with my midwives and then get rid of it as I can see how I could become obsessed with analyzing the info I have inputted. My one friend logged every poopy diaper and feeding for 4 months because she wasn't sure when she should stop, haha  :D
  • Options
    I did diapers for the first six months, but tracked sleep and formula for the first year. Which seems a little ridiculous, but helped me see differences when he was sick and keep track with daycare.
    (Plus... I like looking at the data. #nerd)
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    I think it's definitely more helpful if you are formula feeding and/or sending to daycare. But like shines said/if you're the one changing them all and the only one feeding them-You'll notice if you don't change a diaper all day and obsessing over nursing isn't fun.