1st Trimester

Just got a BFP! Now im freaking out about my HCG levels! Help!

I've been trying for over 2 years and just got a BFP on a cycle that I didnt even track/try to get pregnant! This is a miracle for sure. My last period was Feb 25 but I think I conceived on March 7. My HCG levels on 3/23 were 324, then on 3/25 they were 590. Is this level good? I was told it should "double" and thats not exactly doubling. I just happen to have an appointment with my general doc today so I'm going to ask if she can test my levels again. I'm just so worried and anxious that something is going to happen. I cant feel excited and neither can my husband because we're so worried. Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

Re: Just got a BFP! Now im freaking out about my HCG levels! Help!

• Beta Base can give you lots of info on normal ranges. >> https://www.betabase.info/

FWIW, I never doubled either, just rose steadily, and at 16 weeks I have a very healthy baby. My doctor only orders a third round of betas if he's concerned after the second, so it may be a positive thing that they haven't ordered more. I know it's hard, but try not to worry until you actually have a reason to.

• I'm pretty sure that it can take 24-72 hours for the levels to actually double. Since you had them taken so close together, that could be why it didn't technically double. But they are rising, so I would take that as a good sign as long as you aren't having any spotting or anything!

• Loading the player...
  • So, I got another beta today, and I listened to the message a few times and had DH listen because this number is crazy.  She said my beta is 227,136!  Could she be reading it wrong??  Did she mean 27,000?  I am only 6 weeks, 1 day.  I did IVF and transferred two blastocysts.  They saw one gestational sac and yolk sac at 5 weeks, 1 day.
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)