Pregnant after IF

March PAIF Grads- new mama's

12346»

Re: March PAIF Grads- new mama's

• @LynnNJ that sounds like so much to deal with right around giving birth. I'm glad you have figured out your own schedule together and that DH is coming around. I think we forget that guys go through just as big of a change as we do just with different emotions and they don't have the instant connection that we do.
    @ultratomato yay for good outings! Once I started taking Eli out and about it def felt more doable! I can understand your feelings about work and I can only imagine the financial stress with twins! I'm glad you have help 3 days a week from family. Adult interaction is so nice though!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LynnNJ I am sorry you had to struggle on your own during the first weeks. I think motherhood comes to women a bit more naturally while the fathers  have to work on it. my H was trying hard and was helpful but i had to tell him what to do and it was annoying for me. that s great that your H is trying and he is geting more involved and supportive in time. 
    @ultratomato my first week at work was really hard, i kept crying at night when i get back home and see her. it has been easier now , even though i feel kind of a grief inside me everytime i think how little time i spend withher. i dont know if it will ever go away. but overall we are all doing well.
    but i cannot really stay at home for so many reasons so i have to live with this fact.
  • Loading the player...
  • Dh is definitely coming around. He is getting a positive reaction from the baby as well. Even though life is pretty good right now, writing and talking to people about what happened is kind of like therapy for me. It could have been so much worse, but the hospital and the first few days home were emotionally traumatic for me. The hormones had a lot to do with it as well and I was in panic mode for  a few days After writing about the experience, I realized that one thing that really impacted the experience was that my parents couldn't be here to help. I really didn't want help with the baby. I needed help with everything else. 

@Drove2u Depending on where you are, we might less than then an hour from each other. It's definitely doable.
  • Super random but is anyone letting there little one sleep on their tummy ? I know the recommendation is to always put baby on their back to sleep but my son rolls over and sleeps so much better on his stomach . 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • When I had so much trouble with Pia and didn't know it was the allergy I actually got, of the record, adviced to just let her sleep on her tummy.
    But by then Pia was already to strong and saw it as tummy time. She sleeps on her side from birth which was also 'against' rules. Neither the nurses or my after pregnancy help was allowed to put her down like that, and I had to put her down myself.
    While we did our allergy testing the last two weeks another momma was there and her LO slept on her tummy. No one bat an eyelash. The thing is, babies number one rule is to breath, its very unlikely it will put both mouth and nose flat on the mattress. 
    Once they start rolling there is no stopping them. I am a tummy sleeper myself since I was a baby, so never stopped Pia if she wanted to sleep that way (as she has/still does occasionally)

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Thanks @tvh1982 that makes total sense !! I wouldn't wanna sleep on my back either . The pediatrician just makes such a fuss over it . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan I put Riley down for his afternoon nap with me, so he often falls asleep plastered to me on his side. If I get up, he often scoots until he's about 3 quarter on his tummy  (if that makes sense.) I check that his nose his clear, tuck a blanket in tight around him so he's less likely to roll, and call it good. So I break all kinds of rules, too. But I'm not going to wake him by getting him rolled completely on his back if he falls asleep on his side. And he has a lot of neck strength. I do check on him during his nap a few times,  but sometimes you just have to trust.

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mskeenan since the doctor told me a few weeks ago to have Cason sleep on his belly for his mild torticollis we've had no issues. 

@ultratomato @Drove2u @LynnNJ count me in for the NJ meet up!
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @dragonfaerie @capps42613 yah I figure it's prob fine . I am for sure cool with it during naps but I still wake up at night to make sure he's still breathing . 

I just remembered my husband and I may be going to NJ at some point in the next year . My husband has a lot of family there . Would love to meet you ladies ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan that would be awesome!!
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Aww I'll be so happy for you ladies to meet up in NJ and so jealous at the same time!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay!!!! 
  • Yes please keep me posted on meeting up. I would love to meet you ladies in person and your LOs
  • If anyone wanna meet in NYC , let me know! 
  • @zoefer i work in Nyc. Headed there now. This train derailment though is killing my commute!