September 2017 Moms

Varicose Veins

I get we're not doctors but does anyone have varicose veins? My right leg is just hurting.  I think it's VVs....does anyone else have this? What does it feel like? What do you do? My next OB apt is in 2 weeks...

Re: Varicose Veins

• I've always had some slight varicose veins but they've never been painful. I read that elevating your legs and wearing support hose can help the pain. 
  • I just noticed this morning some blue veins on my left leg. They aren't painful. But if you're having circulation issues support hose should help, just make sure they are the above the knee kind.
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't have them but every week it says it's a potential symptom on my pregnancy tracker. The tracker tells me to elevate legs as well and not wear tight restrictive clothing. Maybe take a warm bath to get the blood pumping around if nothing else is working.  
  • If they hurt it could be a clot. I really think with the pain you're feeling you should call the afterhours OB/nurse line and see what they say instead of waiting 2 weeks. 
  • @Becky012016 I didn't even think of that! Thank you!

• I just noticed some real gnarly looking veins in my thighs the last week... But I agree not painful, just not fun to look at. I would def consult the doc

• Also curious if you called! 

Can you SEE the vvs? If so, I would be less inclined to think clot. H's leg clots have always presented as swelling, discoloration, and pain. He has a genetic mutation that causes blood clots, and he's also a coumadin failure, so we've had lots of "fun" with clots. So basically, in this house, it's always a doctor's visit. 

I hope you had calming news!