February 2017 Moms

Health and fitness (3/27)

kswiger06kswiger06 member
edited March 2017 in February 2017 Moms
How many weeks PP are you?

Have you been cleared to start exercising again? 

What are your current goals? How have you been working on reaching your goals?

What have you been eating, and drinking? Share your recipes!

Do you have anything else you want to share with us?

Do you have any comments or suggestions to add to the thread?

If you were interested in a 30 day Challenge, would you like to have our first one starting April 1st? (This Saturday, not Wednesday lol) if so, do you have a preference on what you'd like to do? (Please keep in mind, not everyone is cleared yet for ab work)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Health and fitness (3/27)

• 4 weeks PP so not cleared to workout yet.

I'm hoping to get some walks in this week now that it has finally warmed up here. I have bad seasonal allergies though so some days it's just best I don't go outside

I haven't been watching my eating at all because I know I'm just getting to enough calories I need a day, but I do need to start eating better. I've been slacking again on my water intake so I really need to get better with that too.
  • 6 weeks today!!

My appointment is Wednesday for my 6 week checkup, so I'm hoping to be cleared then. 

I'd really like to get back into running and sign up for some races for us to run as a family. I haven't pulled the trigger on a jogging stroller yet, but I think that'll happen soon. So far all I've done is some gentle yoga focused on neck and shoulders (https://yogabycandace.com/blog/2016/5/9/15-minute-gentle-yoga-for-neck-shoulders). I think it irritated something in my back though because since I stretched it all out, the place where my epidural went in has been really sore.

I've been trying to snack on trail mix and nuts or fruit rather than junk. One thing that's really helped has been to have a bowl of nuts on the table next to the rocking chair in Elliott's room. That way I can grab a handful and snack while I'm breastfeeding. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How many weeks PP are you?

yes

I want to start off with getting back into my jeans comfortably, but I think a lot of it is my loose skin. It still needs to shrink, I can button my pants, but it creates a bit of fluff

I'm thirsty all the time and water wasn't cutting it, I started drinking sweet tea again, and not sure if it's connected or not, but my milk supply seems higher when I drink my sweet tea.

I found this video on cardio with your baby. I skimmed through it, but haven't tried doing it.

https://jessicasmithtv.com/video_posts/20-minute-mommy-low-impact-cardio-postnatal-workout

If you were interested in a 30 day Challenge, would you like to have our first one starting April 1st? (This Wednesday) if so, do you have a preference on what you'd like to do? 
    I'd be ok starting with squats or lunges.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How many weeks PP are you? 4 weeks and a few days

Have you been cleared to start exercising again? nope I haven't been cleared yet

Since i haven't been cleared my current goals are to stretch daily and walk when it is nice enough outside. I usually stretch well before bed but I sneak some more in during the day if I find myself up doing chores.

trying to increase my water intake! I also have a huge sweet tooth so I've been trying to satisfy it in healthier ways. One of my fave desserts is to take a vanilla Greek yogurt (I use Oikos Triple Zero because it has the least amount of sugar on the market) and mix in a spoonful of peanut butter and some mini dark chocolate chps. The recipie calls it healthy cookie dough haha. But it's sweet enough to kick my craving and it's packed with protein!

Do you have anything else you want to share with us? i just can't wait to be cleared for exercise! 

If you were interested in a 30 day Challenge, would you like to have our first one starting April 1st? (This Wednesday) if so, do you have a preference on what you'd like to do? (Please keep in mind, not everyone is cleared yet for ab work)
  • How many weeks PP are you? 6 weeks

Have you been cleared to start exercising again? I have! I just haven't actually started yet... whoops?

I think my biggest goal is to lose poundage. I'm still trying to figure out the amount of calories I should aim for per day -- since I'm BF, I need to make sure LO has enough calories (and I obviously need energy for myself). Food tracking has helped me in the past, but I can't seem to find anything concrete on how to calculate calories for a breastfeeding mom. 

Lots of oatmeal! I don't use the pre-packaged stuff, but make my own using steel cut oats. The other day I had apple, cinnamon, with a little bit of maple syrup (less than a teaspoon), and yesterday I had peanut butter and banana. 

If you were interested in a 30 day Challenge, would you like to have our first one starting April 1st? (This Wednesday) if so, do you have a preference on what you'd like to do? (Please keep in mind, not everyone is cleared yet for ab work) 
    Yes! No preferences; ab work is definitely on my list but maybe we could start with squats?

@BourbonBiscuits Nuts/snacks by the feeding chair is a great idea -- I'm totally going to steal that. 
  • How many weeks PP are you? 6

Have you been cleared to start exercising again? Yes

My first goal is to run a half marathon in July. I'm getting back into running by doing Couch 2 5K so that I do not go too quickly and injure myself. I also have diastasis recti (confirmed by my midwife) and will need to make an appointment with a PT to learn how to address this through exercise without making it work.

You don't want to know. I'm so, so hungry. I eat some healthy things, and some unhealthy things. Basically just all of the things, constantly. Trying to work on my protein intake and see if that helps.

Do you have anything else you want to share with us? I've gotten a couple of complements on my arms already, so that's fun. Side benefit of a big baby!

I'd be glad to do one if it is leg or arm work. I shouldn't jump back into abs until I meet with a PT.
  • How many weeks PP are you? 8.5 weeks 

Have you been cleared to start exercising again? yes, at 6 weeks 

lose pounds, increase my Fitbit steps (achieve my 5k goal daily), go for a walk on nice days

Do you have anything else you want to share with us? still haven't figured out how to exercise with a baby who isn't fond of his stroller 

• ow many weeks PP are you? 7 weeks

Have you been cleared to start exercising again? As of yesterday, yes.

I just stared getting into 5ks before my BFP so I'd like to start getting back into running again. The first 5k of the season is on April 22nd so I'd like to run that one. So far I've just been trying to go on long walks with DD in the stroller.

Its pretty hard to eat healthy when. Your H only  eats like a 5 year old. (Think chicken tenders and cheese pizza) So I usually eat much healthier for breakfast and lunch than dinner.

Do you have anything else you want to share with us? Just looking forward to getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight and feeling good about myself again.

I have absolutely zero booty, so a squat challenge would be nice!
    12 weeks

Yes

I really want to tone up and lose about 5 more lbs. I've been taking long walks with the little man in his sling and using some 5lb weights to work on my arms. Squats randomly through the day when I remember. 

I'm pretty good about getting plenty of water. I made a great quinoa salad I've been eating for lunch the past few days.  It has a protein plus veggies and satisfies my sweet tooth. Cut bite sized cubes of butternut squash and beets and toss in olive oil, salt, pepper, and a little honey, then roast in oven till soft and slightly browned. Chop a handle full of kale and add to quinoa while it's simmering. You can also add a handful of golden raisins while the quinoa is simmering. Once quinoa is done, add beets and squash, a handful of chopped parsley and some nuts.( I used pumpkin seeds) For dressing, combine some olive oil, honey, salt, pepper, and a dash of cumin and then pour on top. I add a little crumbled goat cheese to my portion when I eat. 

I find that I have to take my walk early in the day to ensure we get it in- if I wait till after everything else is "done" it never happens and then I feel bad that I didn't make time for it. 

A squat or arms challenge would be great. 
  • How many weeks PP are you?  6 weeks

Have you been cleared to start exercising again?  Yes

I'd like to see my stomach flatter and tone up every where that got soft during pregnancy.  My focus so far has been on diet; I need to add exercise to the mix.

I've finally started cooking dinners again, which means less pizza, Chinese take-out, etc.  I'm also focusing on salads and healthier options for breakfast and lunch.  I just bought a few healthy options to eat during/after MOTN feedings because I've noticed my stomach grumbling the last few nights.

Do you have anything else you want to share with us?  I've reached my pre-pregnancy weight but my body is so different than it used to be.  Before getting KO, I did CrossFit.  I probably won't be starting that anytime soon due to scheduling issues, but I really look forward to feeling strong again.  So, I need to add some strength training to my exercise routine.

If you were interested in a 30 day Challenge, would you like to have our first one starting April 1st? (This Saturday, not Wednesday lol) if so, do you have a preference on what you'd like to do? (Please keep in mind, not everyone is cleared yet for ab work)  
    I'd like to join a challenge.  Squats or lunges sound like a good place to start.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm 6 weeks today. 

Yes- I had my pp appointment last week. 

My my current goals are to lose the last 5-8ish lbs of baby weight and gain back some muscle mass I lost during pregnancy. I've been easing back into running. I had a c-section so there was absolutely no running until a little before 6 weeks pp. For the past couple days I've been running (very slowly) with the jogging stroller. I was surprised I made it 2 nonstop miles. I aim for 1-2 slow miles daily, and then walk. So far it's been great and it feels amazing to be able to move like that again!!! 

Id say I eat well about 75% of the time. I'm EBF and find that I'm constantly hungry. I usually start my day w oatmeal. I eat a lot of black beans, brown rice, avocado, larabars, turkey sandwiches, salads, etc. I also eat pizza and cookies. Lol. 

Experience tells me it it just takes take for my body to return to normal. I'm talking shape more than weight. Patience and hard work always pay off! Plus, I feel so much better physically when I'm running daily and eating well. 
    14!

Yep

Just trying to live a healthier lifestyle. I've been trying to make healthier food choices and we've been going on more walks now that the weather is nicer.

I don't really have any recipes, but I've been putting flax seed in my yogurt for lunches.

Nope

Not really

Like everyone else, squats or lunges would be cool!
  • kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited March 2017
                               Squat challenge!!!
    I posted it today instead of tomorrow for the early bird people :)

@die frau @Xstatic3333 @SawyerRichardson @chef'swife @MLRocha @ColeBug89
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow that's so many squats! I'll give it my best shot. 
  • Wow that's so many squats! I'll give it my best shot. 
    Lol I know! The idea sounds nice, but I see me struggling on day 1 haha. Honestly I think I'll only get them done (with proper form) if I break them up throughout the day. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Alright, let's do this!
  • @kswiger06 I like the idea of breaking them up throughout the day! I may have to try that!
  • Count me in! :)
  • @kswiger06 I can't squat right now, but can I join in if I do the equivalent in bicep curls/tricep kickbacks?
  • I'm in but will definetly have to split them up once we get a few days in. 
  • Did anybody do the squats today?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 I did the squats today and then I loaded babe into the jogging stroller and big sis onto her bike and we did a 6 mile walk/jog. My legs are going to hate me tomorrow, but after several days of rain we finally got some sun. I didn't plan on going so far but my daughter kept asking to keep going and Harrison was happy in the stroller so I figured better get it in while I can. 
  • 50 squats is BRUTAL. 
  • Geez @chef'swife that's crazy!! I definitely need to step it up a notch. 

My parents were here to visit today and just left, hopefully I can get the squats done, it'd be awful to be behind on day 1 lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just finished mine a few minutes ago! Better late than never lol. I ended up doing them all at once because I got busy during the day and kept forgetting so I figured I would just knock them all out at once tonight.
  • @kswiger06 I can't squat right now, but can I join in if I do the equivalent in bicep curls/tricep kickbacks?
    kswiger06 said:
    @floatingelephy I sent you a PM :)
    Your personalized challenge ;) 

i think it's meant to be broken up throughout the day...? I'm just now seeing it but I want to join the fun! I saved the pic to my phone to remind me and I'll start tomorrow instead of resting.