Babies on the Brain
Options

Weekend chat! April 1

notthefathernotthefather member
edited April 2017 in Babies on the Brain
It's been quiet in here the last two days! What is everyone up to this weekend?? 

On our way to baby #2!
BabyFetus Ticker
EDD March 12, 2018

Re: Weekend chat! April 1

• Options
    We've been super busy! I've had a big project at work keeping my swamped. This morning I went for a run, went grocery shopping, cleaned the house, took my daughter to gymnastics, then went to a birthday party. THis evening we've been working on projects for our daughter's birthday party that is next Saturday. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @notthefather - I need a nap after reading everything you did today! Haha. 

The last few few days I was out in the field (for work) and haven't been able to bump as much.
    Today my DH had to work so DD and I had a girly day. We went to Chapters to pick out a new book, went shopping, and watched a movie. I think she's coming down with another cold, so I wanted to take it easy today. Tomorrow we don't have any plans, maybe go for brunch and have another low key day. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi! Things have been super busy with meetings and grad school this week. I'm home relaxing for the night :) DH is out with his buddies for a little bit so it is just me with the boys tonight. I'm feeling yucky tonight so I am so glad just to be able to relax around the house.
  • Options
    @ChloandCoco: haha! I love naps like nothing else but haven't had one today. Other than the possible cold, your day sounds pretty fantastic too!  I love the idea of going to pick out new books. 

@glitzandglitter: Oh no! Hope you feel better! 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    Work this morning was insanely busy!!! If it hasn't been said on this board before, I'm a bank teller. The beginning of the month is a very busy time for us since a lot of rent and bills/payments are due. After that DH and I went to my moms house (soon to be our house) to do some more work. DH chopped down a tree and we got the deck power washed. Not a lot, but we only had a few hours. We can get a lot done if we have all day and someone babysits DS. We plan to go back and clean more tomorrow. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @notthefather That's a lot to do! I hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday party next week, but that sounds exhausting!
    @ChloandCoco I hope your daughter feels better soon :( Hopefully you guys will get to have another girly day!
    @glitzandglitter It's always nice to take it easy when you're having a rough week!
    @CecilB93 Wow, you've had a busy day, too! Hopefully you can get a lot more done the next time you go by the house!

I did a tiny bit of shopping and finished cleaning house. I also put away ALL the laundry that's been sitting around. And washed our comforter. Then we drove to the airport and picked up my dad. Originally, he was going to come in tonight (he was handling the sale of my parents' house back in Chicago, closing of which was yesterday), my mom comes in tomorrow (she's in south Florida taking care of my uncle, who had a stroke last year), and then we were gonna have dinner before they went to North Carolina to take care of some business for my uncle. On their way back down, they were going to get a hotel near us for a couple of nights and we were going to hit Epcot for a day. Unfortunately, my uncle requires 24 hour care and my mom was going to have him admitted to a nursing care facility for the week so she could leave the state. Lo and behold, his doctor's office didn't send the admission paperwork. So now my dad is staying with us tonight and tomorrow and my mom will be here late Monday afternoon, early evening at the latest so that they can THEN head up to NC. Epcot is up in the air now, but that's life.

I had the follow up appointment with my pain management doctor on Thursday. He said I'm doing pretty well, since the first injection seemed to help, but not enough. He also changed my meds so that I'm not having as much of a sleep inducing side effect, since the first two didn't really help anyway. So now I'm on the fourth muscle relaxer in five months and an NSAID topical gel (which doesn't really seem to do anything).

Then, thanks to all the housework I've done in the last couple of days in anticipation of my parents coming (and to calm down my anxiety), my back is not at all happy with me. -.-
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    @easttxmamas - Sounds like the perfect Sunday! Puppy cuddles are the best. 
  • Options
    @easttxmamas - Sounds like the perfect Sunday! Puppy cuddles are the best. 
    @ChloandCoco: it was! I am still curled up on the couch with one of the babies :)
  • Options
    Stay safe during the weather @easttxmamas! Hopefully the fence will solve the cow problem for you. 

@CecilB93: as someone who avoids the bank at the end of the month at all costs, I imagine it's extra rough for you! hopefully this week will be quieter! 

@dreamscapes_ : I hope the rest of your visit goes smoother and your mom made it okay. I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. It sounds a lot like my father in law's situation and it's so stressful on the family. I hope you (and your back!) got some rest this weekend and your new medication is a better solution. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @notthefather: I am hoping so! We will see in a couple of weeks how my roses are doing. It might be gardener error, not cow error ;)
  • Options
    @notthefather: I am hoping so! We will see in a couple of weeks how my roses are doing. It might be gardener error, not cow error ;)
    Always blame the cows! 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    I would like another Sunday please! I really don't want to deal with Monday :(
  • Options
    @notthefather Thank you! I'm still not sure what entirely is going to happen this week. She's going to the doctor's office tomorrow to find out what exactly happened. Hopefully they'll get it all sorted so he can get admitted and she can come pick up my dad and have dinner with us before they leave for NC. No rest for my back today, unfortunately! My dad wanted to get out of the house, so we went to Disney Springs and wandered around for like six hours. I can't complain too much, since he bought me lunch, but the tops of my feet got sunburned :'( The new meds are still iffy, but I've only been on them for a couple of days. All that walking today made me have to get a mobility cart when we stopped at Walmart so my dad could get snacks -.-

@easttxmamas Your day sounds lovely! I wish we had puppies to cuddle with. I miss having a dog.

@glitzandglitter If I had a TARDIS, I'd let you borrow it to have another Sunday.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020