May 2017 Moms

Weekend Chatter 4-1 & 4-2

Re: Weekend Chatter 4-1 & 4-2

• Loading the player...
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @Cubslove12: ugggh. And I bet it's all ground in too. And with company on the way... just... ugggh, sorry!
  • Everyone loved DH's prank texts. @KMD1106 He only sent it to people who would most likely appreciate it, and they did. It made me very nervous, we did have infertility issues. It went over well. It's over now. I'm at work for a few hours so I don't have to deal with his April foolishness.
    I'm glad it went over well! My family would have gotten a kick out of something like this too. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Thank you @KMD1106 I appreciate it!
  • WTF. Our on-base childcare sent out an email stating that all hourly-care services were being suspended due to lack of staff. Only pre-booked April reservations would be honored and there would be no hourly-care available for May and possibly longer. What do they expect us to do?! I have no family around and I'm not allowed to bring kids to my NST scans/ultrasounds and DH is going back to field for 2-3 more weeks at the end of April. Ughhhhhhhh. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • mspacman34mspacman34 member
    edited April 2017
    (Does anyone know how to fix my issue with everything being in one paragraph? There are breaks, but I can't get it to stay when I post.) Happy weekend! Y'all are making me hungry! I worked this morning and have my baby shower tomorrow. DH was supposed to go, but ended up getting the flu this week so I am a little bit bummed about that. @Kipperoo I can't believe you are in single digits! That is so exciting!
  • hp_momma said:
    WTF. Our on-base childcare sent out an email stating that all hourly-care services were being suspended due to lack of staff. Only pre-booked April reservations would be honored and there would be no hourly-care available for May and possibly longer. What do they expect us to do?! I have no family around and I'm not allowed to bring kids to my NST scans/ultrasounds and DH is going back to field for 2-3 more weeks at the end of April. Ughhhhhhhh. 
    I would be printing that email and bringing it and my kids with me to the appointments. 
  • SWE2 said:
    I used to use my dogs as therapy dogs. We would go to an Alzheimer's unit every week and visit with the residents and they loved it. But mine are not traditional therapy dogs and I would never use that to get them in somewhere. It's disrespectful to those that actually need it. Plus the traditional therapy dogs are specifically trained for each circumstance. Not surprising people take a shortcut to get what they want. I agree that if you own pets you understand the responsibility of paying for them and certain disadvantages that come along with them. 
    That's awesome! I wanted to do that with Stella. :) Theres a difference between a therapy dog like you had your dogs be and an ESA, and even a Service Animal. Most people just don't know all of the differences. It's a tricky thing but really great when it works and is doen right! It's so cool to see the service animals on campus and out and  about! They are so disciplined! 

ESA's by the way are only allowed in your home through the Fair Housing Act, from what I understand. So they shouldn't be going places with people, like stores and what not, that would then make them a service animal that would be trained for a specific task. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • @bacorrea Thats what I think I'm going to have to do. I mean I thought about making an ICE complaint but at this point I don't know what that is going to do either. Luckily I booked most of my appointments during DD1s preschool time so I only have DD2 to worry about. 

DHs commander is going to have to be more understanding at this point too. She really gives him a hard time about coming to appointments or watching DD2 during that time and he is honestly my last resort, but now there's no other option. 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • @BeachMommy2B yay on an official date! The countdown is on!
    @Yiggle09 How'd you come out? Should the rest of us be jealous?!
    @MrsFreeman2010 Dang! I thought I could be a super baker, but you definitely get the win on that one!
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot Major jealous vibes heading straight your way for that concert. Times I wished I lived in a HUGE city.
  • @absbubbs nope. It was a huge disappointment. I bought an umbrella stroller. I got to spend time with my cousins wife and 9 m old which was nice. Off to long Island tomorrow to see my husband family.
  • @michelle59-2 That's how I felt when I first started participating. And it's how I still feel! 
  • hp_momma said:
    @bacorrea Thats what I think I'm going to have to do. I mean I thought about making an ICE complaint but at this point I don't know what that is going to do either. Luckily I booked most of my appointments during DD1s preschool time so I only have DD2 to worry about. 

DHs commander is going to have to be more understanding at this point too. She really gives him a hard time about coming to appointments or watching DD2 during that time and he is honestly my last resort, but now there's no other option. 
    Agreed. This whole situation is just total bullshit. People are like "cut the military budget!" Then President Trump is like "federal hiring freeze, but it won't effect the military!" Um are you serious?! Federal hiring freezes effect the military. This is a perfect example of where there is an issue.
  • Like seriously if you want to cut the budget I know how....KICK CRAPPY PEOPLE OUT FASTER! It's ridiculous that soldiers pee hot, beat their wives, DUI, etc and it takes MONTHS to chapter them. We would save a TON of money if we could kick people out faster

but no, let's just let the guys deploy at 75% strength. 
    Ugh. Sorry this is just something that makes me so mad. I'm so mad for you @hp_momma
  • mcvgalmcvgal member
    edited April 2017
    Congrats @Squirtgun on your little boy's birth! I hope you are feeling well and his NICU stay is uneventful.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• @Squirtgun congratulations and I am excited to hear more details if you opt to share! 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Congratulations, @Squirtgun! Hope you guys are doing well!!

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • @Squirtgun congratulations!!! Hopefully the NICU stay is short. 
  • Congratulations @Squirtgun! Hope your recovery goes smoothly and the NICU stay is short. 

Hearing that someone due 1 day after me just had their baby is making me want to all of a sudden have everything done! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
  • Congrats @squirtgun ! Hope you guys receive the best care possible and are home soon! 
  • @Squirtgun congrats on the baby! :)
  • Congrats, @Squirtgun! Hope you're all doing well. That makes me feel like my guy can come at anytime. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Congrats @Squirtgun! Here's hoping for a quick and uneventful NICU stay for your little guy! 
  • Congratulations @Squirtgun!! I hope your baby's NICU stay is brief. Thinking about you and your new bundle of joy!
  • @Squirtgun Congrats what a great birthday story! Can't wait to hear more and T&Ps for you and your boy!
  • Congratulations @Squirtgun praying his NICU stay is short!
  • Congrats @Squirtgun !!! That cry is the most beautiful sound in the world. So many hugs to you and your family. Hope you have a smooth stay in the NICU - keep us posted when you feel ready. <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Congrats @Squirtgun !   What a crazy April fools day!  Hope you and your little one continue to do well!  Thoughts and prayers for a short NICU stay!
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @Squirtgun: CONGRATS!! I'm so happy for you!! All the best of luck for his time in the NICU, and that you have a smooth recovery too.  <3
  • @Squirtgun congratulations! 
  • Congratulations @Squirtgun
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

• Omg @Squirtgun, congratulations! I hope you and baby have a speedy recovery!