June 2017 Moms

FFFC 3/31

Let's hear them ladies!!!!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FFFC 3/31

• Lame one but I already drank a coffee this morning and then my DH asked if I wanted Starbucks and I couldn't say no.  Bring me all the caffeine.  DS got up at 5am and we are going to Disney on ice at 7pm which will go way past bedtime.  Fingers crossed we all nap today! 
  • Loading the player...
  • danij0danij0 member
    edited March 2017
    @kdanjou I had no idea this was even a thing. Are there baggies near the meat section? I have definitely noticed some meat leaking before but never even thought to put it in a bag. Oops.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kdanjou I always put mine in a bag if there is one available, but most of the time there isn't! I'd have to walk back to the produce section to get one and I don't have time for all of that. I agree, though, it is gross.
  • danijo-2 said:
    @kdanjou I had no idea this was even a thing. Are there baggies near the meat section? I have definitely noticed some meat leaking before but never even thought to put it in a bag. Oops.
    Yeah I have never heard of this either. I wouldn't consider myself lazy for not bagging up packaged meat either. There def aren't plastic bags in the meat section of my grocery stores so I get the feeling that it's not a requirement? 
  • I don't bag my meat (althought I would if bags were near/available) and @Wino0920 I eat my grapes while I shop too!

My FFFC: I wish my mother would just disappear already.  Most of you know that her and I don't have a great relationship because of abuse in my childhood.  Last week, she had an "emergency" and when my sister and I didn't jump on board to come "help her" she got really nasty.  So, I just told her what I really thought/felt and blocked her from everything.  Today she is posting on my sister's FB a video on forgiveness and told my sister to share it with me.  I think I have mentioned that my sister is a doctor... and I am a teacher.  Her and I have so many professionals on our FB pages that we don't need knowing we have a crazy inappropriate mother.  My sister is livid.  As am I.  I don't even know what to do about it.  What if she starts that crap on her own page?  We have (had) a lot of mutual friends.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • All these comments about bagging meat are making me giggle like a 12 year old! I have never done that either. Never occurred to me! 
  • My DH is super anal about bagging his meat, I on the other don't really make an effort to bag it.  

• mkrelmkrel member
    I bag chicken, but I don't worry as much about other meat. 
  • I just finished my last meeting of the day and inhaled my chicken parm sandwich (that they delivered to the wrong place the first time, and arrived to work 5 minutes before the meeting was starting).  There's about 45 minutes left to the day, and the entire building is at an assembly.  I could be getting so much paperwork done with this quiet, but I'm sitting here bumping away because I just need to take 5 minutes.  It's been such a long freaking week.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • awillis13 said:
    I just finished my last meeting of the day and inhaled my chicken parm sandwich (that they delivered to the wrong place the first time, and arrived to work 5 minutes before the meeting was starting).  There's about 45 minutes left to the day, and the entire building is at an assembly.  I could be getting so much paperwork done with this quiet, but I'm sitting here bumping away because I just need to take 5 minutes.  It's been such a long freaking week.
    chicken parm you taste so good...
  • n0soup4un0soup4u member
    edited March 2017
    Elyse1384 said:
    My DH is super anal about bagging his meat, I on the other don't really make an effort to bag it.  

The teenage boy brain in me is giggling at how well your DH handles his meat.  Sorry.... carry on
    my mind went there too. I'm such a pig.
  • I totally bought a Reeses egg to enjoy tonight after I take my post-dinner glucose reading. I know I shouldn't,  but all my readings have been good, so I figure a treat won't be that bad. The real secret is that DH has no idea because he'd flip if he knew I was eating one.  :#
  • I've always found bags in the meat section. They're often hanging overhead. I'm a germaphobe too so I always bag it and put it in a separate shopping bag from my other groceries! Food poisoning is no joke! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • kdanjou said:
    This might be stupid or better as a UO but here it is:
    I hate hate hate when people at the grocery store grab packages of raw meat and put them into their carts and then onto the checkout conveyor belt without bagging them first.  EWWW!  Most of those packages are leaking fluids and all I can think of is how much salmonella and ecoli are getting spread around because of these lazy people.  I always put the meat in a little plastic baggie (like a produce baggie) first before putting in the cart.  And I never touch it with my bare hands (I use the baggie almost like a glove). 
    Ok I'm admittedly a germaphobe but it's still gross.
    I don't always put mine in a bag. I do get super annoyed when I specifically keep the raw meat separate from the produce and the cashier piles the meat on top of my veggies. Ewww.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've put meat in a bag a grand total of one time and that's because all the packages were sticky. You guys who bag must shop at stores where they don't do a good job of packaging the meat. I've never experienced leaking packages, but if I did, I'd probably bag. 
  • I've put meat in a bag a grand total of one time and that's because all the packages were sticky. You guys who bag must shop at stores where they don't do a good job of packaging the meat. I've never experienced leaking packages, but if I did, I'd probably bag. 
    I regularly shop at three stores, and the only one that offers bags is the one with leaky packages. They must be aware. haha! 
    One of my stores has all of the meat behind a counter and they wrap/package everything for you. THAT is my favorite. 
  • I never thought about it until a friend's daughter got salmonella from a grocery cart. 

It was a totally random and rare event but it has scarred me for life.
  • My husband got e coli as a toddler from a shopping cart at the grocery store. He was hospitalized for a week and my MIL still talks about how scary it was. Every grocery store I have ever been to around here has the bags for meat. I use them and keep the meat seperate from the produce. I also wipe down the front of the cart where my son sits. I dont use a cover anymore since hes bigger. 
  • HgPaHgPa member
    TIL I should bag meat. Ugh, eating meat is complicated. I can't wait to be a vegetarian again someday (went omnivore when TTC).
  • I must be really undomesticated because I know nothing about this bagging meat concept. I also only grocery shop like 4x a year so I'm lost at supermarkets
  • I must be really undomesticated because I know nothing about this bagging meat concept. I also only grocery shop like 4x a year so I'm lost at supermarkets
    How do you eat if you don't buy food? 
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • My husband does the shopping and cooking. I'll probably start to learn after baby gets here (that's what I tell myself)
  • My husband does the shopping and cooking. I'll probably start to learn after baby gets here (that's what I tell myself)
    Ok, that makes sense! I was thinking neither one of you shopped. I was wondering if you bought your stuff online or something! 
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Lol when I was single I used to intend to buy through Peapod. But my my fridge just looked like a standard bachelor pad fridge. Alcohol, expired milk. 
  • kdanjou said:
    This might be stupid or better as a UO but here it is:
    I hate hate hate when people at the grocery store grab packages of raw meat and put them into their carts and then onto the checkout conveyor belt without bagging them first.  EWWW!  Most of those packages are leaking fluids and all I can think of is how much salmonella and ecoli are getting spread around because of these lazy people.  I always put the meat in a little plastic baggie (like a produce baggie) first before putting in the cart.  And I never touch it with my bare hands (I use the baggie almost like a glove). 
    Ok I'm admittedly a germaphobe but it's still gross.
    I bag our meats too! Even the chicken that comes in from Heritage Farms or Purdue.. lol. Mostly because my luck sucks and if it can leak it will... and cross-contamination is no joke. I also make sure they don't bag it with any produce. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • My FFFC is that I don't grocery shop... I pay the $5 extra every week to order online and have it delivered curb side and loaded in my car. I justify the cost though because it keeps from buying things I don't need.  I never really thought about, but I do think they bag the meat for me. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My FFFC: The Mr planned to jam with his band tonight. I am having pity party for 1 after a terrible week at work. So yes'm, I scheduled a massage for myself then went to get Cold Stone. The band had to watch DD and I had a fantastic Friday night. Sorry not sorry

• I've never noticed bags in the meat section at my store but I'm going to look next time I go! I do online ordering and curbside pick up or delivery for the most part but it's free at my store if you spend $100 which I do most weeks.  I love it.  They do bag the meat sometimes but the meat I buy is also usually in a plastic tray and sealed on top not always wrapped in brown paper.  

• Haha I guess my FC should have been a PSA.  Bag your meat people!  Bags are usually either above the meat case or on either end of it.  Even the sealed packages are sitting on shelves with unsealed leaky stuff and prob have salmonella on them.
    Also, I wish I could order my groceries online.  But I live in rural armpit USA so we don't get such service.  We spend upwards of $200 dollars each week on food so I feel like I deserve it though.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz