Options

Wednesday ticker change 3/29

This thread is for those with an EDD of Aug 2, Aug 9, Aug 16, Aug 23, Aug 30

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: Do you have any plans for the nursery?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Wednesday ticker change 3/29

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    21 weeks 

How big is baby? 
    7 in, 11 ounces 
    General OB appt tomorrow.

I feel HUGE already this time. Also finding I can't eat very much at a time as I get full so fast. But then I'm starving every hour. Guess my organs are already getting squished.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I have been trying to find a double stroller I like and will fit our family and they are incredibly EXPENSIVE. 

The baby will be in our room. We have an incredibly small home which we hope to upgrade to a bigger one in the next few years, but right now just not in the budget. So I would LOVE to have a cute room to decorate but for now, we will make do. I plan on decorating bigger when the kids are a bit older and want to choose/help when we can get a little bigger space for our family.
  • Options
    Lauradi1010Lauradi1010 member
    edited March 2017
    How far along are you? 
    21 werks

How big is baby? 
    Endive/Grapefruit
    None

@belmont1785, I can't eat too much in one sitting, but then am hungry twenty minutes later. I essentially graze all day.  Oh the pee.  Really picking up now.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    DH is sick....Ugh.

Not this time.  It's all are from #1.  I am planning a new room for my son.

Edit- rant added.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This thread is for those with an EDD of Aug 2, Aug 9, Aug 16, Aug 23, Aug 30

How far along are you? 
    22 weeks 

How big is baby? 
    Coconut

None till 4/14

Lightning crotch now

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    No puking for 8 days now!

We plan on painting the nursery gray and having red curtains - Ohio State colors! Also want to go with a Lion King theme with some decals and whatnot.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @belmont1785 be sure to check out B/S/T groups as well as Craigslist and consignment sales for double strollers that are in great shape but used (and lots cheaper). 

@Kathryn0903 I gave you a love tit and then almost took it away when I read your OSU comment. But not throwing up for that long deserves the love tit to stay  ;)

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    19 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Mango? 8.5 oz (living in rural Alaska, these produce comparisons rarely make sense to me because we don't get much big, ripe fruit)
    A/S next week!
    I've been in a self-pity funk for over a week. Moody and sad. 
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant: ok, this is more self-pity, but I don't have a group of female friends. My out of town BFF is coming this summer and wants to throw me a shower, like we did last summer for a mutual friend, and she wants me to start thinking about guest lists. So far it's my mom, my BFF, and that other friend. My boss is throwing me a sprinkle, so that covers my work acquaintances, and we're doing a family shower when my relatives come visit this summer. I live in my hometown, so I could invite moms of my childhood friends (my mom's suggestion) it just makes me uncomfortable to be like "hey I haven't talked to you since high school graduation, but do you want to come give me a gift?" 
    Rave: My cravings have mostly been healthy lately, so my body is feeling good!

Very minimally.  We rent, so I can't paint. I have been collecting pretty cards that people have sent me over the years in a nautical theme, and I was thinking of framing them to hang around the room. Everyone knows that I have a life-long obsession with dinosaurs, and my mom has already made 2 dino-themed quilts, so I expect that I'll be filling LO's room with dinos as well :) I'm going to need to get a bookshelf for all the stuffed animals I've already been gifted. 
  • Options
    AB518AB518 member
    How far along are you? 
    22 weeks

How big is baby? 
    coconut

none

I think that I have finally reached the "honeymoon period" of pregnancy.  I haven't felt this good for months.  Nausea and food aversions have completely disappeared.  My energy level is much better but still not pre-pregnancy level.  The pregnancy acne appears to be clearing up.  The back, hip, and round ligament pain are all tolerable at this point.  My baby bump looks cute, and baby kicks are still the best.  I am starting to understand why there are people who love being pregnant, but now I just need to block out the memories of first trimester and half of second trimester.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Feeling baby move is still my absolute favorite thing about being pregnant.  The kicks are definitely getting stronger and sometimes they startle me.

My nursery is almost done.  I had ordered the crib, mattress, and dresser when I saw them on sale and set them up last weekend.  I didn't plan to do most of it this early, but I have been buying the items when I see them go on sale.  I plan to keep the colors neutral with an elephant theme.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dinofreak Sorry you're feeling down... can you do something nice for yourself to help feel better? Go to a movie? Mani/pedi?

@AB518 I am loving the kicks too! I'm trying to enjoy feeling this great before 3rd tri creeps up on us.

@Kathryn0903  HOORAY for no puking! 8 days sounds like the longest you've gone.. can that be right?? God bless you.

How far along are you? 21 weeks

How big is baby? Endive. Somehow this seems way smaller than the 20-week banana...

Upcoming appointments this week? None! It actually feels good to say that after our "scare" at the A/S last week that ended up being nothing.

Any new symptoms or changes? Tailbone pain has been getting a little worse.. I sit at a desk all day so when I eventually remember to stand up and walk around, it sucks. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: I have a 2-day training down in RI (I live in NH) that I am NOT looking forward to. We're also supposed to get a storm Friday, so driving back should be a blast. Rave: DH and I have been meal-planning on Sundays for the week. We decide on recipes and then divide who will cook what. It's actually been pretty fun! Tonight he's doing grilled eggplant with avocado..should be interesting. 

GTKY: Do you have any plans for the nursery? Yes! I'll add some pics/more detail to the nursery thread later, but we're going pretty neutral with the rug and walls then doing a subtle Peter Rabbit theme. Mainly just ordering some cute, soft prints and pulling colors out of there for curtains, blankets, etc.. We ordered the crib, dresser and glider which makes me feel better about having the main pieces for the room. Now the fun part starts!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @bumpybump DH is a big OSU fan!
    @secicc12 longest I've gone is 9 days, but I have hope to make double digits!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 20 weeks finally!  I can't believe it!

How big is baby? I have two bananas

Upcoming appointments this week?  A/S  Friday morning.  looking forward to that!

Any new symptoms or changes?  Peeing more.

Rants/Raves/Questions? My mom is driving me crazy with the whole god parent thing!
    And after calling for 4 days, my OB was finally able to go over my repeat AFP.  It's elevated at 2.29 but he doesn't seem too concerned anymore.  He wants to see what the anatomy scan shows on Friday.

My question is what is lightning vagina/crotch whatever its called?? lol

GTKY: Do you have any plans for the nursery?  I really want to make a reading corner in the room.  I saw on pinterest a DIY book shelf.  With a little toy box, I think it will be super cute.  But i really have no concept of space and measurements, so until the cribs, dressers, nightstands and rockers are in the room I don't really know if there will be room for all of the extra stuff
    Me:34 DH:39
    Me: A-Okay!
    DH: 0-1% morphology
    Married: 5/2008  <3
    TTC: 5/2009 
    **TW--BFP**
    2013: IUI x1 Failed
    10/2016: First IVF Cycle! YAY!
    10/31 - Fresh Transfer.
    11/10- BFN.  Starting cycle for FETx2
    12/16 - U/S - Twins! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @DDRGirlie Haha lightening crotch is when you get shooting pains down in your crotch area. Mine last for a few seconds but ouch they are not fun! Glad to hear everything is going well with the twins- good luck at your A/S Friday.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dinofreak I totally get it - many of my best girlfriends are waaaaay out of town/country and are unlikely to come to a shower on island. Now that I'm out of the Navy, they can't even catch a space-a flight to me. BUT we've totally managed some skype/google hangout showers where presents are sent ahead of time and a small package of game supplies are sent out to guests calling in. Not the easiest to handle (webcams mean you're sort of tied to the screen), but maybe it'll help pull in some of those high school and college friends that moved away or won't be able to come? And if you still talk to the hs friends and they're invited to join remotely, maybe it's not so weird for their moms to show up carrying the gift?

On another island-life note, I'm totally hoping I can get some of the older women on island to come - those in their 40s-60s that I know well - and not limit it to just the twenty/thirty somethings. I figure if one of the reasons I love living here is that my friends aren't limited to those who are my perfect peers in age, marital status, education, etc., then I get to take advantage of that for parties!