November 2017 Moms
Options

Small gestational sac

Went for an ultrasound today. Heartbeat was normal but baby is measuring 6 instead of 7 weeks. Gestational sac is only measuring five weeks. Another ultrasound next week. Not too hopeful...wondering if this has happened to anyone?

Re: Small gestational sac

• Options
    AsivecAsivec member
    edited March 2017
    I am in the same boat. Did they do any bloodwork? I was also low on progesterone. If your cycle isn't the typical number of days you could be off in your prediciton. Let's just hope for sticky babies. I hope the best for you. 

Eta: I "counted" 6 weeks and I measured 5 weeks and 3 days. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    They haven't done any bloodwork yet. I was measuring a week off so it is unlikely that my numbers are off, but I still have a small amount of hope. I go in again on Tuesday for another US. Any news on your end?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a 6 week ultrasound and we only saw a 4-5 week sac, no fetal pole, no heartbeat just the smallest start of something that we couldn't see well enough to measure.  Went back yesterday at 8w2d and measured 8w1d with a strong heartbeat.  My OB said a lot can change in 2 weeks but also I think the sac could have just been at a funny angle or something to make it look smaller at the first ultrasound.