November 2017 Moms

Betas

so I've never had betas before is 413 a good starting point. I have no idea how far along I am but I am thinking about 4w5d

Re: Betas

• My RE says anything above 75 is a good starting point. Initial numbers don't mean toooooo much though, it's about doubling time with your subsequent betas. 
    Are you scheduled for 1-2 more repeat betas?
  • As @JDW0325 said, in general, it's more about your doubling time than just a basic number. For reference, at 13DPO I was 185 and then 586 at 15DPO...so doubling time was about 31 hours. Some women jump up very quickly, others more slowly. So beta numbers are all over the place. It's more important to know that they are at least doubling every 48-72 hours.
  • Loading the player...
  • Awesome thanks ladies. I am getting a repeat tomorrow which will be about 52 hours 
  • @Bailey1823A. I had mine done last week and they didn't double. This week I had to do it again - ugh.
    They thought I was too early..so if yours don't double don't get too discouraged- you could be early.
  • Ugh. So yesterday I went in for first day of hcg dr called me this morning and wants me to come in 3:15 on Monday.
    But they still want to do day 2 of labs.  I'm guessing this isn't going to be good news. Ugh.

• @chawk17: Did you get to hear what your recent beta values were? Sorry you are going through this. Hopefully it's not bad news on Monday. Did they give you any insights for the visit?
  • No. That's what is frustrating. They wouldn't say a word.
    I asked " did my numbers not rise?"  Legit question due to WHY I was redoing them. They said we can't give you any info.  
  • @chawk17: Ugh that is frustrating. Do they post your info online? 

• Nope! I'm thinking about calling and asking/demanding  for my numbers last week and yesterday. At least let me get in the right mindset and not blindside me on Monday. 
  • @Chawk17 I would totally do that. It's YOUR body and YOUR information. They shouldn't be able to keep it from you.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Ok so I had to get aggressive but finally got the numbers.
    Last week 1: 23.76, 2: 25.17 with progresterone 11.47.
    Yesterday's numbers are 40.61.
    I have no idea what this means? Possible I'm looking at D&C?  Just trying to prepare for Monday. 

• @chawk17 -that is crazy that they wouldn't tell you and tried to make you wait until Monday!  so unacceptable.  How far along are you?  My second FET was a chemical pregnancy, and my beta was a 22, but then went down to a 5.  Could yours be ectopic?  I'm so sorry, and they should have given you more information on the phone about what they thought.  The nurse who called me told me right away that it was a chemical.
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• Ok so beta repeat was 795. My dr is okay with that rise but I can't get an appointment till may 9. I am going to go crazy without a due date! 
  • @Chawk17 sorry you are going through this. How many days between your last two draws? 
  • @Bailey1823A see told you nothing to worry about!
    I'm excited for you.
  • @Chawk17 thanks! I will probably be joining December 17. I just hope that everything looks good on u/s since it's so far away!  Good luck to you too. I hope everything gets better for you and your dr is more forthcoming! Crossing my fingers for big numbers!