July 2017 Moms

PGAL Check-In 3/28

Happy Tuesday!  I did a little math and realized that the earliest among us are rounding the corner to 3rd trimester already... Craziness!

This thread is for July moms who have previously suffered a loss (miscarriage, stillbirth, etc).

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 

How far along are you? 

How are you doing? 

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to?

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: 

Any questions you want to ask the group?

GTKY: What was one of your favorite childhood toys?

Re: PGAL Check-In 3/28

• Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    mmc in July2016 -- baby measured 9w2d, passed naturally on what should have been 12w

How far along are you? 
    24w5d

How are you doing? 
    Not sleeping well this week.  Also my eye has been twitching and my foot cramps almost every day.  Isn't pregnancy fun?  Overall, though, things remain good.

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to?
    Next appointment is not for a few weeks.  Next milestone is probably 3rd tri, in a few weeks.

The drama with the furniture continues (but with a happy ending)!  To recap, we ordered furniture almost 7 weeks ago on a super good sale.  We were warned that the company was relocating their factory, so there was a small chance the crib might not be available.  So we picked a back-up, and a back-up to that (buying the floor model).  They agreed to call us later that week to let us know which was available.  Didn't hear from them for two weeks, called and after some digging found out that we needed to go with plan C for the crib, but could probably have a new dresser.  Begin super frustrating process where we could only work with one manager because the sale was over and he was the only one who can still give the discount or authorize selling the floor model.  Only that manager would not respond to messages for days and would give only partial answers to questions.  Add a side drama about "white" paint changing from opaque to distressed, so it's possible that the furniture won't match itself.  Several weeks and a dozen or so emails later we finally work out a deal to buy floor models of everything, they will waive the storage fee while we get the nursery painted/carpeted, and will upgrade for free to full service delivery/set-up.    That series of negotiation brings us to literally last Thursday and we think we're finally good...  And then yesterday they get their delivery from the company, complete with the first-choice crib and dresser, with matching paint.  Hurrah!  (and they are still giving us full delivery/set-up for the trouble). :)

Why is daycare so freakin' expensive?  And also newborn photography?  Ugh!

My mom just gave me a box of old things that included my 1980s Cabbage Patch, Pound Puppy, and Teddy Ruxpin.

• @optbaby2017 Sorry you've had such a nightmare with getting furniture in. That's great that they're going to do delivery/set-up for you! I've still got the crib in the box waiting to be put together... My husband veto'd newborn photos. Photography is a hobby of his, so he promised me he'd do some photo sessions at our home. Problem is that I LOVE all the props and he thinks these are ridiculous. Hoping he'll humor me, or I'll just end up having to hire someone  :#

Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 
    3 mc in 2016

How far along are you? 23 weeks 4 days

How are you doing? Not sleeping well either, but I've just kind of accepted that's the way it's going to be. Still a bit anxious if I haven't felt her moving around in a bit.

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to? V-Day coming up on Sunday

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Our old house sold! We had it listed for 1 week and got a good offer. Slightly under asking price, but we're super happy that we will be closed and done long before baby comes. 

Any questions you want to ask the group? Not at the moment

My American girl dolls were definitely my prized possession. Looking forward to passing them on and enjoying them again. Well, assuming she likes dolls. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! miscarriage at 5 weeks in January 2015, passed naturally. 

How far along are you? 25 weeks! 

How are you doing? Good actually. Surprisingly starting to calm down on the PGAL brain. Still get worried if he little guy doesn't move for a couple hours, but he's been doing that and then getting super active so I've started to accept that it's normal. 

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to? Third trimester! Next apt. is in April 

Rant/Rave/Positive Vibes: Rant: going to a baby shower for family this weekend, and I have to see my SMIL and I 100% do not want to deal with her. 

A stuffed koala bear from a vacation bible school that I went to named Klimber. He was just part of the decor but for some reason I fell completely in love with him, and the director gave him to me to keep after the camp. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Let's all do a little intro, as a reminder and for those that weren't around when we did the first time! 

6 total losses, most recent ones in late 2015, and our 13 week baby in March of 2015. (TRIGGER - Tomorrow is our one year anniversary of having her taken out in fact)

How far along are you? 22 weeks

How are you doing? Good although lately I have been having so many fears and anxieties that this little one is not going to make it to term or that something bad is going to happen. Cervix was considerably shorter at this mornings appointment and I've been spotting all day, which doesn't help. 

When is your next appointment? And/Or What milestone are you next looking forward to? Appt this morning. I want to get first to 24 weeks, then to 26. Every week that passes increases the likelihood of a successful birth and NICU stay that leads to a healthy take home baby. 

Any questions you want to ask the group? Is it weird for a child to have two first names or two middle names? Like Mary Ellen or Rose Marie are examples of two first names, and then there are people with two middle names (much more common in the UK and Europe)

A slingshot (I was a weird child)
    Mommy of 3 little ones, 6 losses Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @CTRMommyof4 you'll be in my thoughts tomorrow (and today!).  I passed my first baby's due date a few weeks ago and had a super nervous week, obsessing over every twinge.  This baby is due right around the anniversary of that baby's passing.  I'm sure that adding complications makes it extra hard.  I'm glad that you had an appt today for some check-in time, and hopefully reassurance, with your doctor.

re: multiple names, I don't think it's weird.  I have a friend who was adopted as an infant, but her bio-parents didn't decide until she was a few weeks old so they had already given her a name.  Her adoptive parents decided to honor this by making their choice her first name and her bio-parents' choice her middle name.  So instead of one first name and one middle name, she has two of each.  She's used various combos of the names over time, but mainly goes by a nickname.  Also, if I had been a boy, I would have had two middle names.  My dad is a "the 3rd," but my mom didn't want to have a  "the 4th."  They compromised that she could pick a first name and use my dad's name as the middle names.  And I also have some friends whose kids have "extra" names because their parents just couldn't decide, or wanted to honor both of their grandfathers, or whatever.  There is a point where it's potentially troublesome (ex. the first friend - her two first names have a combined 19 letters, which is impossible to fit on things like the SAT, where there's a limited amount of space/boxes to write one's name).  But you do you, name your kid what you like.