Baby Names

Alethea or Thea? Middle name help too please!

My DH and I are love the name Thea. (Thee-ah)

We also love Alethea. ( Ah-leeth-ea)

If we name her Alethea we would call her Thea. So should we just go with Thea? Our last Name is Ray. We like Alethea James Ray. James was my fathers name and also my DH's grandfathers name who have both passed. This is our first child so we are not opposed to saving James for a little boy if we ever have one. We cant come up with a middle name for Thea though. I think her middle name would need to more feminine if we go with Thea. Probably something that dosn't end in a.

We would love to hear your opinion, and any middle name suggestions.

Thank you for your help!

Re: Alethea or Thea? Middle name help too please!

• You should change your username. You have to log in through the knot to do it. 
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• aasmraasmr member
    Thank you! I was trying to figure that out. Thankfully its not even my email.
  • Loading the player...
  • Alethea James Ray is beautiful! 
  • Alathea is quite a mouthful. Thea is much better imo. 

I think the MN might be better if its longer given the brevity of Thea and Ray, but lets see where this goes...

Thea Maritza Ray
    Thea Rosemary Ray
    Thea Adeleine Ray
    Thea Margot Ray
    Thea Renee Ray
    Thea Lucia Ray
    Thea Lucille Ray

• I prefer Althea over Alethea. Out of Alethea and Thea I'd probably go with Thea. I'd save James for a son. Are there any other family members you'd like to honour?

Suggestions:
    Thea Olivia Ray
    Thea Magnolia Ray
    Thea Ophelia Ray
    Thea Susannah Ray
    Thea Vivienne Ray
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • FakeFinn said:
    I prefer Althea over Alethea. Out of Alethea and Thea I'd probably go with Thea. I'd save James for a son. Are there any other family members you'd like to honour?

Suggestions:
    Thea Olivia Ray
    Thea Magnolia Ray
    Thea Ophelia Ray
    Thea Susannah Ray
    Thea Vivienne Ray
    Agree and love those choices! But I also do like James as a middle name option.
  • I like Thea James but I'd probably pass on Alethea. It sounds like too much of mouth full to me. Your middle name choice and last name are such nice clean sounding names and Alethea sounds a bit fluffy.
  • I like Thea much better. It's one of my favorites, too. I'm over James as a mn for girls. I'd save it. I'd just pick something beautiful and classic like Thea Catherine or Thea Rosemary or Thea Joy.
  • I also prefer Thea over Alethea. Love the suggestions of Thea Lucille and Thea Olivia. 

Thea Elizabeth Ray
    Thea Victoria Ray
    Thea Diane Ray
    Thea Felicity Ray
    Thea Aurora Ray
    Thea Elaine Ray
    Thea Natalia Ray
    Thea Genevieve Ray

• I know someone named Aleesia, so to me Alethea just sounds like that name with a lisp. I really like Thea or Althea though.  
  • I like both but prefer Thea. I like Thea James a lot!

I don't think Alethia is any more of a mouthful than Alexandra, which is common enough. (Though admittedly I am striking Alexandra from my shortlist because it's a mouthful, lol!)
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Thea!! I think I'd save James. 
  • I would save James for a boy.

Suggestion:

Alethea Simone Ray

Red (30) & DH (30) m. 08'

IVF #2  Roman Carter  8/3/16 (40+6)

5 frozen embryos