November 2017 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change 2/28

Ohey there

1. How many weeks are you?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants, raves, questions?

5. GTKY: do you have any hidden talents or skills you show off occasionally? 
Me: 32 Husbando: 49
Married Since: 7/29/2012
omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 2/28

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you?  9 weeks today!

2. How are you feeling? Still pretty tired.. Nausea only if I don't eat, but have been having some aversions.  Also cravings for anything savory or salty.. Chips & dip, jimmy johns, pickles. YUM!  Also smells have gotten to me.  I had a quarter of a muffin and it was lemon poppy seed, I threw the wrapper in my trash can and had to take the bag out because I couldn't stand the smell!  Another thing is that only the outsides of my boobs hurt? Weird.

3. Any appointments this week? Follow up Ultrasound on Friday.. hopefully will be able to see baby move.

4. Rants, raves, questions? I hate when some of my symptoms go away and then come back.. I'm happy when they come back, but the going away makes me so freaking nervous!!! I hate that I can't see what's going on in there so I know everything is okay!

5. GTKY: do you have any hidden talents or skills you show off occasionally?  The only think I can think of is getting my tongue into a clover shape... lame, but that's all I got for ya!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    6 weeks!!!!!
    2. How are you feeling?
    I'm doing pretty well. Nauseous on car rides - which is normal for me, just increased. But other than that and wanting to eat everything in sight, I'm okay.
    next Tuesday is my first!
    I so wish my DH would help clean up, and not get annoyed when I don't have the energy to clean. Asked him to do 3-4 simple tasks while I was at work, he did 2 of them in the 4.5 hours between him getting home and me getting home.
  • Options
    5 weeks

2. How are you feeling?
    Exhausted and hungry all of the time. 

I have my confirmation appointment Thursday. I'm looking forward to blood work for the first time ever in life. 

Rant - the bloat is killing me and I'm finding it hard to cover my blump in regular clothes. Rave - I still have old maternity clothes and they're comfy. I know it's way too early to justify wearing my maternity wear, but comfort is everything. 

I make good candy apples and other chocolate covered treats. 
  • Options
    TourmalilyTourmalily member
    edited March 2017
    8 weeks

2. How are you feeling?
    It's rough. I have a lot of breast pain and tenderness. Rolling over in bed is painful. I have some food aversions and a lot of cravings for salty things. I get nausea on and off throughout the day. It doesn't seem to be related to anything, though - sometimes I've just eaten, other times I haven't eaten for a few hours. A fair amount of round ligament pain, once or twice a day, usually in the morning when I'm first getting active. Also gas, bloating, constipation, and of course, I'm tired ALL the time. :(

I have my first actual prenatal appointment tomorrow. 

This one's a rant - okay, so, I THOUGHT my first appointment was going to include an ultrasound, but when my doctor's office called me today to confirm, I told the woman on the phone I had a few questions about my appointment if she didn't mind. Except, I was super flustered and didn't straight up ask if I was going to have an ultrasound - I just asked "what am I having done at the appointment? Do I need to prepare for anything?" And she made it seem like it was just going to be a routine pelvic exam?

I mean, she called me at the absolute worst frigging time - it was late afternoon, I was in the middle of changing a nitrogen gas tank, I had to run outside because I was in a busy part of the building and didn't want anyone to overhear, and it was raining, so I was caught off guard. I was getting ready to call THEM to make sure my appointment was still on. Anyway, I'm going to call back tomorrow and ask, because I will be so disappointed if I show up and they literally just do a totally unnecessary pelvic exam (I'm low-risk for abnormal pap smears and I was vaccinated against HPV so a yearly pap was never a requirement for me) and ~take my history~ which they already have because I've been a patient here for almost 3 years. Also I feel like this was a total bait-and-switch. When I first made the appointment, they were DEFINITELY talking about ultrasounds. I remember because I thought it was awkward how many times the phrase "transvaginal ultrasound" came up in the conversation.

I can wiggle my ears and nose at the same time.

edited because bump ate part of it
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Tourmalily lurking but I specifically asked about an ultrasound for my first appointment because it wasn't mentioned by the man I was talking to on the phone, and he said it wouldn't be a formal ultrasound but just with the little machine they have in each exam room. I know every office is different but hopefully that's at least what you get too! You still get a printed picture with it I think :)

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I hope so!! I really hate the office staff at my ob/gyn. When I went to the hospital lab for my blood draw to confirm pregnancy, the admin working there saw the name on my papers and was like "Oh, she's a wonderful doctor - she's my doctor, too! But her office staff are just the WORST" and it's so true. Like, SO SORRY I've never been pregnant before and have no idea what to expect, but any time I ask them a question, I feel like it's this huge imposition and I feel like I shouldn't even have asked.

I just want to see the darn thing, you know? I feel so disconnected from being pregnant, other than the fact that I feel like crap every single day. I'd like to see what I am going through all of this for.
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Tourmalily you're definitely not an imposition no matter what their attitude is, keep asking what you need to ask! Heaven forbid they have to do their jobs. I totally get you on feeling disconnected. My body feels funny but I don't reeeeally feel like I'm in the pregnant people club. I so hope you get to see your little bean tomorrow!

• Options
    @Tourmalily fx you get to see the baby tomorrow! I'm sure if they brought up a transvag on the phone the first time that you will, but I know how disappointing it will be if you don't. 
  • Options
    Coming in a day late.  This week has been hard.  Was solo parenting over the weekend and DS came down with a high fever.  Couple that with me still being unable to keep food down and we've had a rough couple of days.  

8 weeks

2. How are you feeling?
    Miserable.  Have had two instances where I just broke down crying this week from fatigue and being unable to keep food down.  My original first appointment was supposed to be yesterday but they pushed it to next week and won't prescribe me anything for nausea until after they confirm pregnancy.  Whomp, whomp.

First appointment next Tuesday.  Nervous doesn't begin to describe it.

DH is being amazing.  We have agreed that this is our last baby due to it being so hard physically already this time around.  Lots of feelings about that, but it feels right for both of us and I am glad we are on the same page as he originally wanted more.  My mom also came by yesterday to help me out and it's so nice having her about 15 minutes away and retired.  I don't know what I'd do without her sometimes and I love that she has such a close relationship with my children.

Hmmm, I am a violinist.  I don't think that necessarily hidden since it was my original career, but now that I'm a SAHM, it's not something everybody knows about me.  I also quilt and am a hobbyist photographer.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 7

2. How are you feeling? Not too bad. Some boughts of nausea and some waking in the night due to digestion issues.

3. Any appointments this week? First appointment is next week- 4/4

4. Rants, raves, questions? Really anxious to get to my appointment and ultrasound next week and hoping to see that everything is OK

5. GTKY: do you have any hidden talents or skills you show off occasionally? I am a cake baker/decorator- but don't do it very often anymore.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 6 weeks and 2 days

2. How are you feeling? Great. No symptoms so far.. knock on wood.

3. Any appointments this week? Not until April 18th that will be my first

4. Rants, raves, questions? No. No. And if anyone out there has bottle fed breast milk I would love some tips and pointers. Thats what I plan to do.. please and thank you 

5. GTKY: do you have any hidden talents or skills you show off occasionally? I throw it down in the kitchen if I do say so myself