Baby Names

Can't agree on a boy's name to save our lives!

vvitchhazelvvitchhazel member
edited March 2017 in Baby Names
Looking for boy ideas... Our DD is E-vangeline P-hillippa (nn Evy; spelled with an extra L because it's a family name). We've already decided on W-ilhelmina D-iana (nn Willa) if our LO is a girl, but can't agree on a single boy name. I like Julian, Killian, and Tristan. My husband likes Magnus and Geralt. We've been discussing boy names since before we knew what our DD was and we're still in a rut. Help! 

ETA: I need suggestions. The names we like are just an example of what we like, but neither of us like any names from the others list.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Can't agree on a boy's name to save our lives!

• Love Julian, Tristan and Magnus. I would scaratch Killian. All I hear is kill when I hear this name. Gerhalt just has an awkward sound to me, no flow.
  • Love Julian and Tristan. Geralt (Witcher fan?) And Magnus are solid too.

Suggest

Marius
    Reginald
    Sinclair
    Thaddeus
    Phineas
    Percival
    Ambrose
    Bertrand
    Alaric
    Lawrence
  • Loading the player...
  • vvitchhazelvvitchhazel member
    edited March 2017
    @Bringmemylongswordho Yes, it's totally from Witcher... Which I love too, but you don't see me suggesting Cirilla or Yennefer!  :D
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I like Julian. I don't mind Killian but it reminds me of the beer! I'd do Cillian, like the actor Cillian Murphy.
  • @HoosOnFirst I was going back and forth on the spelling. Killian sticks with me because it's the first way I saw it, but I do like Cillian as well. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Love Magnus! Julian is lovely as well. Personally I'm over Tristan. Geralt has me going 'what???' (I clearly have never heard of Witcher :"D) and although Cillian Murphy is wonderful, I'm not too fond of the word 'kill' in the name. 

From your girls' names I get a classic with a foreign twist-style (adore Wilhelmina nn Willa!!), so in that light:
    Linus
    Oscar
    Otis 
    Cedric
    Rasmus
    Julius
    August
    Beau
    Frederick
    Henrik
    Sebastian
    Bernard

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I really want to like Magnus, but I just can't do it! It's one of those names that I'd love it on anyone else's little boy, but I can't bring myself to name my son it.

Our last name starts with an Ar- sound, ends in an -er sound, and is 3 syllables if that also helps.

I do like the suggestions of Ambrose, Alaric, August, and Sebastian. Thanks guys!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hugo
    Alistair
    Felix
    Ewan
    Edmund
    Brogan
    Gideon
    Tiernan
    Atticus
    Donovan
    Conrad

• I will always associate Magnus with Magnum condoms.  Sorry. Also that and Geralt are just... I don't know.  They sound like names of huge, ancient warrior dudes.  That might get a little awkward if you little boy is a sweet little chess geek.

I think Julian is a great name.
  • vvitchhazelvvitchhazel member
    edited March 2017
    antoto said:
    I will always associate Magnus with Magnum condoms.  Sorry. Also that and Geralt are just... I don't know.  They sound like names of huge, ancient warrior dudes.  That might get a little awkward if you little boy is a sweet little chess geek.

I think Julian is a great name.

That's exactly why my husband likes those names. He's throwing out these names that scream Viking to me! He also said Greyden and I immediately said Greyden papers? I feel so lost with him. It's either ancient Nordic or trendy! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Tristan is not as momentus a name compared to the other options and your daughters name, and is soft. Magnus seems to be trying too hard, to be hard.

Prefer Julian by a mile.
  • Your husbands list is awesome.......sorry to say that your list is ......a little tired.
  • @saham07 Well, that's kind of the point behind asking for suggestions. I just can't bring myself to name my child after a video game character or so close to a condom. Our lists were merely to show our styles. We won't be using any of my tired ideas either.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love your husband's list-- maybe also consider: 

Axel
    Atticus
    Gunnar
    Viggo

• @saham07 Well, that's kind of the point behind asking for suggestions. I just can't bring myself to name my child after a video game character or so close to a condom. Our lists were merely to show our styles. We won't be using any of my tired ideas either.
        Okay, well that's good! I had no idea that name was a video game character.
        Magnus is the best of both list (I don't associate Magnus with condoms)
        adding:
        Maximus
        Otto
        Cyrus
        Conrad
        Arlo
        Axel
        Alec
        Pius
        Ludwig
        Hugh
        Edison
        Keller
        Oscar

• Alex
    Andrew
    Arthur
    Augustus
    Connor
    Gustav 
    Henry
    Ian
    James
    Jared
    Jules
    Leonardo
    Levi
    Marcellus
    Noah
    Oliver
    Rhett
    Richard
    Scott
    Sebastian
    Thaddeus
    Wesley

• What about Odin?
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • streamtrax41streamtrax41 member
    edited April 2017
    It's been a long time since I've been on this board, but was just thinking of baby names and came by to lurk for a bit. Interesting that I came across this post. My children are Kilian.Thomas and Evangeline.Harper. So yeah,  Kilian, Killian, Cillian (any variation thereof) gets my vote!
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Garrett?
  • @streamtrax41 Well, clearly we have very similar tastes!!

@4N6s That's my brothers name, actually. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker