October 2017 Moms
Options

Meal Plan Monday 3.27

What's on your menu this week?

Re: Meal Plan Monday 3.27

• Options
    We are scrounging because our budget got tight. Here is the plan.

M - Baked Mac & Cheese w/ Steamed Broccoli
    T - Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
    W - Frozen Pizza
    T - Naked Pasta
    F - PAYDAY so I'm thinking Chinese Takeout. Mmmmm. (Except it's still Lent so not sure if DH will go for that.)
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options

M - possibly eating out depending on how the appointment goes

T- Turkey meatballs with spaghetti

W- Grilled chicken and veggies

Th- Baked Chicken Fajitas

Fr- Crockpot tomato soup and grilled cheese

@jessafishy do you have the recipe for your baked mac & cheese?!? I've been craving a good homemade mac & cheese lately!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lisa06317 I actually JUST found this and chose it because I have all of the ingredients. Haha!

https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/classic-baked-macaroni-cheese

--------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    M - Going out to macaroni grill...family coming into town today and we needed a toddler friendly restaurant lol

T - BBQ Ribs, pickle pasta salad, watermelon, and ceasar salad.

W - Asian glazed chicken thighs, broccoli, and brown rice

T - Southwest stuffed sweet potatoes, salad 

F - Turkey tacos (yes, we eat tacos almost every week lol)

@lisa06317 I love Alton Brown's baked Mac and cheese recipe. Mmm, haven't made it in awhile. Might have to squeeze that one in this week.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ksf13ksf13 member
    M- Baked chicken, potato salad, and beans. (I took potato salad to a potluck yesterday and we have a lot leftover)
    T- Chicken with mole sauce and rice
    W- Veggie Soup
    T- Teriyaki Chicken, Broccoli and rice.
    F- I'm thinking Chinese takeout too, definitely one of my favorites! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm really excited about food in general this week. Just can't get enough. 

M- Chicken rogan josh with spinach 
    T- date night out 
    W- Bufflo chicken balls from @kkerner87 recipie last week. 
    Th- Pulled pork quinoa bowls 
    F- Polenta with mushrooms 
    S- Pulled pork sandwiches (left overs) with celeriac slaw
    S- Susage and mash 
  • Options

@jessafishy thank youuuu it sounds delicious!! let us know how it turns out!

@purplestars thanks for the additional recipe!

• Options

M - Tostadas de pollo (chicken tostadas) and Mexican-style street elotes/corn
    T - Grilled turkey sausage accompanied with split pea & potato soup and caesar salad
    W - Ribeye steak with mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus on the side
    T - Enchiladas Suizas (enchiladas in a creamy tomatillo sauce) with Mexican rice and homemade refried black beans
    F - Swedish Meatballs and lingonberry sauce, mashed potatoes and green beans

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Today - I had cajun chicken pasta on our menu but forgot to get the heavy cream (which is kind of 100% of the sauce soooo). My back up plans are chicken alfredo or linguini with clam sauce, whatever DH is in the mood for tonight, they're equally easy. I think I also have everything for salmon patties, but that's usually not his first choice.
    Tomorrow - DH works super late, so DD and I will probably just do something simple like PB&J or ravioli or something
    Wednesday - Pulled pork in the crock pot
    Thursday - Leftovers
    Friday - Steak on the grill (DH's early day)
    Saturday - Salmon on the grill 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Tonight: Instant Pot Stew (cheated with slow cooker Campbells stew pouch)
    Tuesday: roasted chicken breast and roasted root veggies
    Wednesday: Salsa, Taco chicken on tortillas with cheese and greek yogurt.
    Thursday: Shrimp stir fry
    Friday: Not sure. I will look in the deep freezer and come up with something.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    Tonight: slow cooker beef stew

Tuesday: Spicy Baked Chicken Tacos

Wednesday: Lasagna Soup and garlic bread

Thursday: Rainbow Peanut Noodles

Friday: leftovers 

• Options
    M- Grilled bbq chicken and potato salad
    T- Tacos
    W- Gluten Free penne and meatballs
    Th- leftovers
    F- Salmon on the grill

• Options
    Mon--shrimp stir fry

Tues--steak and potatoes (weather will be warm yay)

Wed--sun dried tomato stuffed chicken

Thurs--citrus marinated pork chops

Fri--Dinner at the in-laws! 

We use a meal planning service, cooksmarts.com.  it's 6 bucks a month and they give you 4 meals and a ton of meals in the archives to use.  It's not like blue apron because you do your own shopping.  I LOVE the variety and trying new things and not having to come up with meals on my own!  
  • Options
    M- Potato bacon chowder
    T- Hamburgers
    W- BBQ chicken quesadillas
    TH- Mexican Street Corn Pasta (best recipe from Chelsea's Messy Apron blog)
    F- Chicken Zoodle Soup 
  • Options
    cranburyposhcranburyposh member
    edited March 2017
    mrs_fogue  Oh come on over, I'm actually making the Enchiladas today!!! Besides, I'm always in need of an extra hand for food prepping and cooking!

For the sauce of my Enchiladas Suizas, I grill or broil about 8 tomatillos, a quarter of a white onion, 1 small/medium serrano chile pepper, and 2 cloves of garlic until they sizzle and have some blackened marks (but not all over). Then mix all those ingredients with a little bit of fresh cilantro, half of cup of Mexican crema and half of cup of heavy cream in the blender and season with salt and pepper to taste. Once that's all done, I use about a quarter of the sauce to marinate the shredded chicken for at least 30 minutes, while that's taken place, I heat up the corn tortillas (not flour) on a comal pan (flat griddle pan) - you can also fry them in oil for few seconds on each side if you want them a bit crispy at the end, but since I can't eat greasy food (due to gallbladder disease) I go for the comal only! Then after your tortillas are heated up you go ahead and dip each one in the sauce, stuff them with the marinated shredded chicken and roll them up covering them with the rest of the remaining creamy tomatillo sauce on top in a lasagna type of baking dish, finishing them with shredded Mexican blend cheese like Sargento on top (and as much as you'd like) then put them in the oven for about 20-30 minutes at 350ºF, and voilá, Enchiladas Suizas are ready!

You can find a ton of Enchiladas Suizas recipes online where they tell you the exact measurements and all that, most of them use the same ingredients or slightly different cooking methods but I learned this one based on how they are made in Mexico, my country of birth. 

Cheers!

Edit: Typo.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Pregnancy Ticker