September 2017 Moms

WTF Wednesday

Just in case anyone needs to WTF today...

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Loading the player...
  • @sugarrush-2 Wow, I would be upset! Can you call and talk to someone about the unnecessary high-risk designation? I also had to take an early glucose test, but it was because of a long family history of diabetes, not because of my BMI, which is high. I hate the importance put on BMI anyway. Yes, I'm overweight, but I also have an athletic build, and have a lot of muscle- but no one cares about that when they're just looking at pure numbers. 

• @sugarrush-2 I also have to do the early glucose test, but I was warned at 12 weeks. I think basing it on BMI is stupid. My cousin's wife is super thin (bordering on underweight) and she had GD with all 3 babies. It can hit anyone. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @sugarrush-2 what happened to your username?! I've seen some other people's usernames got the -2 as well... I wonder why!
  • @wyomama0427  hahahha I just mentioned this in my above response!!! what the hell?!

@mrs_tacos  I was wondering if I would be sounding too bratty to call the doctor, but maybe not?

You ladies are making me feel better.  I've been pretty heated about this since last night.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • kners11kners11 member
    edited March 2017
    My WTF is from my check up today!  Doctor prescribed Diclegis because my nausea has been relentless... insurance wants prior authorization... and the doctors office said they "don't think they have ever done prior authorization for that medication."  Left a message for the girl that does all of their prior authorizations, no word back... can take up to 48 hours says their answering machine!  All I want is a little relief, ugh  :s

Also found out that I will need RhoGAM - not a huge deal, but who wants additional vaccinations in the butt!  I'm feeling extra cranky today.
  • kners11 said:
    My WTF is from my check up today!  Doctor prescribed Diclegis because my nausea has been relentless... insurance wants prior authorization... and the doctors office said they "don't think they have ever done prior authorization for that medication."  Left a message for the girl that does all of their prior authorizations, no word back... can take up to 48 hours says their answering machine!  All I want is a little relief
    That's really odd of your insurance. Maybe because it's such a new drug. I can tell you that it has been a lifesaver over the past 7 weeks
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kners11  I feel you, except I get the shot in my arm.  I don't think i've ever had a shot in my booty before.  I was thankful that DD was also negative so I didn't need the shot post delivery.  Hope its the same for you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @sugarrush-2 I would be upset by this as well. If my pregnancy is "high risk" or considered to be so I better be told that rather than just having a note scribbled into my chart. I definitely think it is worth speaking to the doctor about. 

BMI tells very little as far as health is concerned and I think it is a faulty way to measure the health risks that certain patients have. 
  • @mrsmarygs My insurance is SUCH a pain! I don't feel like I can complain to much, at least I have coverage.  But we are insured through my employer (a large hospital system) so there are so many rules about where I can have labs, testing, etc. done if I want it covered.  I'm lucky to have no co-pays for pre-natal care... as long as I follow "the rules!"

So frustrating to know relief is potentially out there, but all of these hoops to jump through and red tape to get it!
  • My WTF is kinda silly. SO's mom told me she wanted me to pick out a favorite bottle of wine so that we could celebrate my promotion. SO just said, "She's going to be waiting a while to celebrate with you because she is pregnant." It was kinda funny. I'm all the time being offered beer and wine.  :D
  • @kners11 Several of the ladies here recommend unisom and b6 as an alternative to Diclegis. From what I've seen it's similar in ingredients. Maybe you could try that in the interim?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sugarrush-2  I would definitely be annoyed. If you are considered high risk, that's something you should be informed of. I have a high BMI and nothing has been mentioned about doing 2 glucose tests... and I won't go back until 20 weeks, so I doubt they try to squeeze 2 in after that.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @sugarrush-2 my ob is super nice and I have a great relationship with her. She told me that the guidelines around BMI and the glucose tests changed this year. I guess hey lowered their "bar" for a "normal" BMI pregnancy. I agree it sucks though. 

@kners11 I do the B6 and Unisom. Works really well. 

• @kners11 I really wouldn't worry too much about the Rhogam shot! I had to get it in the butt with my last pregnancy, but it was more like extreme lower back and I was realllllly surprised by how much it didn't hurt. They had even given me a tech who had never given a shot.. which made me so nervous, but it really wasn't at all painful. 
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH and I have been looking at buying a car to fit the carseat in (mine isn't big enough for a carseat) and we found the perfect car. My WTF is to my many savings accounts that have apparently less money than I thought and now I can't afford the new car (or any car) like I thought without having some serious financial issues.

I'm upset.. and bewildered. And upset at where's my money?? I guess I thought I had more but it doesn't actually grow as fast as I thought.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @kners11 with last pregnancy and diclegis I had to get prior auth, but not for this one. You can actually call you insurance company and either ask for the form to be emailed to you or faxed to your OB office. It will be much quicker that way. They want to make sure you've tried other things first since it's a very expensive drug. You can also google ____ insurance company and diclegis prior authorization form and get the form. B6 and Unisom is similar but not the same as a diclegis. It didn't work for me, but maybe will for you! Good luck!
  • @Sugargirl1019 oh no!!!! I'm sorry! That's the worst. DH and I had similar problems for a long time but ours was our credit.... ugh it was horrible... we couldn't even get approved for a gumball :flushed:
  • @beccam1230
    ah that's exciting! and it is totally normal to be nervous. It's big news!! 
  • @beccam1230 are you feeling stress from any family members about having a certain sex? 
  • wyomama0427wyomama0427 member
    edited March 2017
    @beccam1230 my sister was the same way, except she just "KNEW" it was a boy from the beginning. Lol. I'm so very excited for you and I can't wait for you to find out! I know I won't be able to sleep the night before we find out! Which isn't until May 2nd at our A/S :( 
  • @wyomama0427 you're always so sweet, and make me feel better! I think finding out today will be really exciting and a bit of a relief so she can quit bugging me about it! But I will definitely post later today with our awesome news! 
    Oh goodness.. May 2nd seems like a ways away, but I feel like March went by so fast, maybe April will too! I hope it doesn't seem like too long! 
  • wyomama0427wyomama0427 member
    edited March 2017
    @beccam1230 I'm just sweet because I like you guys and I have like 1 friend IRL who moved to another state lol. And I do really enjoy everyone here! 

@Lizlann I totally agree that doing something special IF it's a girl is strange. My mom is a computer teacher and she's always got pictures of her grand babies on her screensaver and her students all know the babies names and stuff, she brags a lot and her kids love to know about it for some reason. Like one time I visited my mom at her school and her students SWARMED me and knew every detail about my life at the moment lol "AWWW HE JUST GOT HIS FIRST TOOTH RIGHT?" But only doing something if it's a girl isn't cool in my opinion. 

Edited for words, stupid autocorrect 
  • @Lizlann haha actually a good point. I think she's just excited, but it does make me wonder what else she's telling them...
  • @wyomama0427 ahh, yes.. same with me, my next door neighbor was my only friend here and she moved last Fall!! But I also really enjoy everyone here, I feel more comfortable telling you all things that I'm not really ok with telling anyone else. I love being a part of such an awesome community!

I agree that it's actually even a little sad that she'll do something for her students only if it's a girl. If I'm having a sweet little boy, that won't be celebrated?! I'll celebrate. So will the rest of my family! I've said before, I'll never understand being disappointed in a beautiful new life for any reason, but because the baby isn't a girl? It's weird.
  • @beccam1230 I am the same way!!! It's exciting to get ultrasounds but it can be nerve wracking too. They scheduled my 19 wk ultrasound for next Friday and while I've been totally nonchalant for the most part throughout the pregnancy, now I have become such a worrywart. Then there's also people that have an input about what the gender is going to be that can add to that stress. 

Either way you are going to have a beautiful baby boy baby boy or girl and you are going to be a great mom. :) 

I also find it strange that your sister is only going to do something special for the class if it's a girl.