July 2017 Moms
Options

STM+ Check In 3/29

How far along are you?

Symptoms? How do they compare to previous pregnancies?

Rant/Rave/Questions?

What's something you said you would never do/let your kids do before you were a mom that you're eating your words on now?

GTKY: What project are you working on around the house? Or what project do you have lined up to start?

Re: STM+ Check In 3/29

• Options

How far along are you? 23 weeks

Symptoms? How do they compare to previous pregnancies? Bad: Bladder control issues still. I've been having a terrible time sleeping. I wake up to pee and then can't fall back asleep, I pulled something in my back and my new body pillow is too fluffy and is so uncomfortable to sleep with so I wake up more tired and sore than when I went to sleep. Good: Feeling baby girl kick and move around a lot!

Rant/Rave/Questions? Tonight we're going to my favorite Italian restaurant for dinner. I've been craving it for weeks and am so excited to stuff my face tonight!

What's something you said you would never do/let your kids do before you were a mom that you're eating your words on now? Ha! So much that I said I wasn't going to do. I'm such a go-with-the-flow mama, and that was not me before kids. My biggest was I swore I would never co-sleep and we did for the first 5 months. And I swore I would never baby-wear and I ended up getting a carrier for convenience and now plan to with DD2. I can't think of anything I said I wouldn't let her do that I have, but I'm just so much more laid back in general.

GTKY: What project are you working on around the house? Or what project do you have lined up to start? We're starting to build a brick patio in the backyard this weekend. DD loves being outside and we have a huge yard and the dogs are always out there playing so we want to be able to be out there with them and grill etc. It's going to take a couple weeks, and we still need to paint the nursery. H starts police academy in May so I'm stressing about getting the baby's room and this patio done before then because he will have NO time to work on anything once he starts.

• Options

How far along are you?

25w1d

I got hit with (ANOTHER!) cold this week. I don't remember getting sick at all last time. Bad cold/flu season this year, or just horrific luck, I can't decide. 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I had to get a sub to teach my class last night (I went home sick) and my sub was great even thought it was so last minute. But I guess she was eating a slice of cake and left it out on the table and my students (adults) ate her cake. Who does that? I hope it was an accident- because I sometimes leave out extra food for them... but this was one slice of cake, on a plate... with a  fork in it. I also hope it wasn't what she was having for dinner since she got such last minute notice and she had already worked a full day. So, obviously I owe her some cake. 

What's something you said you would never do/let your kids do before you were a mom that you're eating your words on now?

I can't think of anything in particular, but I am sure everything I said I wouldn't do- I did. I also didn't think I would ever baby wear, but I ended up enjoying it, and am looking forward to doing it more this time. I was for sure never going to co-sleep, and we didn't when she was little- but now that she is older we co-sleep when she's having nightmares, or sick... and I really kind of like it! Extra cuddle time <3 

GTKY: What project are you working on around the house? Or what project do you have lined up to start?

We are moving into a new house in a few weeks, so there is already a looooong list of projects to work on, plus the nursery, and the whole moving and unpacking nonsense. 

***** TTCAL/Forever Buddy to Cour10e******
    -m/c at 11w2d due to partial molar 2008 -m/c #2 2009
    Beautiful daughter born February 2011
    **Ultimate TTCALer 2009**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 23+5

Symptoms? How do they compare to previous pregnancies? It's hard to stand for long. Hungry. Just like last time. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Not today. 

What's something you said you would never do/let your kids do before you were a mom that you're eating your words on now? I'm really not very strict and my kid is a little too young to have done enough so I don't know yet. 

GTKY: What project are you working on around the house? Or what project do you have lined up to start? We're shopping for a Murphy bed. We need the nursery to double as a guest room and so far with one kid we had a futon but with 2 it won't work. The living room is not an option. But I'm really excited because it should make the room really nice and add custom storage. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

How far along are you? 24w today

Symptoms? How do they compare to previous pregnancies? Heartburn has kicked in full force in the last week. JOY. I also have a lot more pains early on in this pregnancy than with my first. I feel like how I felt at 35 weeks. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Not today

What's something you said you would never do/let your kids do before you were a mom that you're eating your words on now? Bribery. Sometimes you just gotta bribe your kid with treats. Never thought I would before I became a parent. LOL

GTKY: What project are you working on around the house? Or what project do you have lined up to start? Right now we are in the middle of a reno in our upstairs bathroom. Demo'd the whole thing, re-structured the support beams, discovered knob and tube wiring that we were told was all replaced....sigh. So we had to rip up sections of the floor in the hallway and spare bedroom (soon to be nursery) to re-wire. 

Next up will be replacing carpets since we have holes all over from the wiring. Then starting on the nursery - painting and adding a reclaimed wood accent wall. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • Options

How far along are you? 24w1d

Symptoms? How do they compare to previous pregnancies? Heartburn seems to be coming on strong, this was actually much worse in my first pregnancy so I am trying to not complain about it too much since I know it can be oh so much worse! 

Rant/Rave/Questions?

What's something you said you would never do/let your kids do before you were a mom that you're eating your words on now? I was really big on not letting them have McDonalds or things like that and now that has gone out the window, some days I just need them to eat and be happy and they love it and they eat it haha

GTKY: What project are you working on around the house? Or what project do you have lined up to start? We are working on de-cluttering the garage, we moved here last year but are moving again this year and we don't want to bring a lot a lot of the "junk" we are not using. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    clioclio member

How far along are you? 26 weeks!

Symptoms? How do they compare to previous pregnancies? Recently a new symptom has emerged that really freaks me out. It feels like my heart is racing and I have some difficulty breathing. It has gotten so uncomfortable that I have trouble sleeping. I left a message for my obgyn and I have a scheduled appt. on Friday, so hopefully I will get some answers soon. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? None this week.

What's something you said you would never do/let your kids do before you were a mom that you're eating your words on now? Let's see...watching TV is a big one. I always thought no TV before two but that went out the window before she even turned one. Whoops.

GTKY: What project are you working on around the house? Or what project do you have lined up to start? Our projects this year are not sexy/fun- we need to install gutters and remove a tree that is too close to our foundation. I might try to do some small projects like painting furniture once baby arrives.

• Options
    @Clio I was the opposite with TV. I said it teaches them words and other things and makes them so happy. But recently it's becoming too much that after her show she demands more and more. I don't want it to become addicting so I only use it if I need to cook her food and DH is stuck at work. Also I was liberal with lettings her play on my phone and last week the nanny was leaving and said bye can I get a hug and DD ignored her because of the phone. I yanked it and said to her she has to acknowledge people. Now, I don't use my phone before she's off to bed. I don't like that kind of behavior. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @StacyH0507 and why do they love that stuff so much?! I can make homemade yummy food every day but mention McDonalds or mac & cheese and my DD thinks I am the bestest mom ever. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married 8 years - Aug 23/08
    DD - 6 years old, March 17/11
    #2 due July 19th! (It's a boy!)
  • Options
    clioclio member
    @plumpous It seems limits are key. So far we have avoided portable electronic devices so DD only watches on our tv (because that is so much better, lol). I just realized that we all need the mental break sometimes and it isn't the end of the world. I totally agree that once it starts interfering with relationships, game over.
  • Options
    @Clio if only adults limited themselves too haha. My whole family has the TV on all day. Never off. My sister sleeps with the TV on. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

How far along are you? 22+4

Symptoms overall have been a little worse than my last pregnancy and the pains associated with getting bigger and body prepping for baby seem to have come sooner as well.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

I will be a STM this time around and was wondering from anyone who has been there before if you had any trouble with extreme jealousy or regressive behaviors from your other children? What did you do, if anything, to help prepare/prevent this? Mine just turned two and loves to do everything with me and I know it will be an adjustment, but want to avoid as much of the jealousy and hurt feelings as possible.

Nothing really so far, but I also went into it with an open/ go with the flow mindset. I worked at a camp for kids/adults with special needs for many years (7 I think?) and one thing that that taught me is that you have to tailor your expectations to each person you are dealing with because each has their own strengths/weaknesses and personality. And while that definitely didn't make me believe I knew what I was doing as a parent it did allow me to realize i may have to try multiple different approaches to get to the goal I want and not to compare my child/situation with the person next to me regardless of how similar it looks on the outside.

The only rule I set myself as a parent is to never use a leash on my child which I can honestly say I never have and still don't plan to. 

Currently renovating a spare/kids bathroom. It is nearly finished but still needs a custom sized vanity. Other than that the next big project will probably be the back patio/yard area. 

• Options

How far along are you?

25 weeks

More painful heartburn and more nausea

Rant/Rave/Questions?

Praying my husband gets this new job he applied for. More money would soften the stress in our house.

Watch tv and play on my phone. We set limits for both but he still gets way more time than I want.

I am in the middle of redoing some furniture that got put on hold during pregnancy. I really want to finish some of that. And I want to get some new plants planted in the backyard. We have a small backyard and I am trying to make the most of it!

• Options

How far along are you?  24w3d

Symptoms? How do they compare to previous pregnancies?  Heartburn is worse.  This baby girl is so low, too.  DS was up in my ribcage forever...some days I feel like this one is trying to come out already.

Rant/Rave/Questions?  none

What's something you said you would never do/let your kids do before you were a mom that you're eating your words on now?  I purposely didn't say "I will never!" or "I definitely will!" because I knew that would just be setting myself up for failure.  My motto has always been balance and moderation.  Seems to work well for us.  I think being a teacher helps with this - I kind of already had a firm idea that every kid is different.

GTKY: What project are you working on around the house? Or what project do you have lined up to start?  We want to get our deck done in trex, and we need to finish the nursery.  That's it for now.

• Options

How far along are you? 26+3 

Symptoms? How do they compare to previous pregnancies? Pretty on par with the others. Sleep sucks without Unisom, and heartburn is creeping back.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Nope

What's something you said you would never do/let your kids do before you were a mom that you're eating your words on now? My kids weren't going to watch tv until after their 1st birthday, and a maximum of an hour a day. Well, BOTH of my kids knew the theme song to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse before their 1st birthdays... they also knew their colors, shapes, numbers and letters too, so there's that.

GTKY: What project are you working on around the house? Or what project do you have lined up to start? We just moved my 2yo into a toddler bed and into her brothers room. Now I have to move her items in there and make it a room for BOTH of them and not just her in her brothers room. I'd also like to make the nursery gender neutral (it's all pink from her). I probably won't even start it till 6/1, when DH is done teaching for the school year. 

married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options

How far along are you? 26 + 3

pretty similar to last time (pretty good overall), but I have to take things a little easier this time or I feel like crap. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I haven't been drinking enough water and I am really frustrated with myself

"No screens before 2." DS is 21 months and gets 1-2 hours/week. He gets cranky and whiney after TV, so we just can't let him watch most shows. A couple days/week we let him watch Tiny Desk Concerts. Ditto on looking at pictures on our phones. It causes tantrums. I wish we just stuck with the No Screens rule since they affect him so much. 

We are putting our rental apartment up for sale, which will be stressful. Hoping to have it sold by September. 

Need to get our room set up to house a baby, and get DS's room set up to start sharing some things - like getting his storage dresser cleared out to hold baby clothes. 

• Options

How far along are you?

26 weeks

So much hip pain this time around. Siatic nerve pain as well. It has been making sleeping very uncomfortable. Never really had it in my first 2 pregnancies but my third and this one the hip pain and difficulty moving has been a big issue.

Rant/Rave/Questions?

So, baby likes to sit on my bladder like a little Buddha with its head in my ribs. Some days LO sits there for some time and the discomfort can at times be unbearable. After LO turns around I'm left with so much pain but so much relief at the same time. The good news is it's been almost 3 days and baby hasn't sat breeched again. FX that LO doesn't  get into a breech position again. 

I'm pretty much a go with the flow kind of mom. I can't really think of anything at this time but I'm sure there are things I've said I'd never do that I've caved in on. Once I had my wild child (aka the 3rd child) everything I ever did before flew out the window. This child was so different in every way that I stopped trying to do what I did before and started trying to think like him and find what worked for him. Even at 6 years old I'm still learning how to work with him. I'm less uptight about parenting because of him and I won't beat myself up with this kid if it's different as well. 

I'm so excited that we are finally putting in our paver patio area in the backyard! I've been looking at gravel in that area for a year. We have also built and filled in our planters beds. We had some things in the planter beds but just basic shrubs and trees. Now we are filling them in with extras. The pavers are this month's project and the nursery will be May's project.