August 2017 Moms
Options

Twat Tuesday

DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

Re: Twat Tuesday

• Options
    I decided last night that I'm moving, before the summer. This is insane, because it likely also means buying another car as well as paying moving expenses, and because I've done very little in thinning out the boxes since I moved in. But it's better for the family overall, so...

anyway, I'm the TW because instead of worrying about where to find the cash to move and thinking through the logistics of the move, I'm mostly whining about how I don't want to hear my MIL gloat that I came to my senses about raising the baby on the mainland instead of an island.
  • Options
    LSP87LSP87 member
    I too...am the TW this week. I got a speeding ticket  going to my FIRST prenatal appointment back in January. Now I'm doing defensive driving on my lunch hour. I screwed myself :-(

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    +1 for being a twat waffle. DS is on a 10 day round of antibiotics for ear infection and upper respiratory infection. I forgot to give him probiotics yesterday and the poor kid apparently had a poopy diaper sometime during his 3 hour nap. He woke up with poop crusted to his butt. I feel awful.
  • Options
    My TW is this dang banana bread that I put 2 tablespoons of baking soda in instead of 2 teaspoons!!! I hate abbreviations. Ok, I'm the real TW...
  • Options
    My TW is the darn squirrel in the backyard who comes over from the neighbor's house every time I let my dogs out. It barks back my at my dogs just to antagonize them! I hate when people just let their dogs bark outside but it's coming to that point where my dogs are doing it for 10-15 minutes so I can make sure they have time to go to the bathroom. 
  • Options
    @mrsashworth522 my littlest dog does the same thing as our backyard has a marsh in it with lots of critters and (though it may not be a popular opinion) I use a citronella spray collar on her. She's learned that if she barks, she'll smell something stinky in her face. Now she's at the point where I either put it on her in the off position, or I fake put it on (pretend I'm clipping it around her neck after her collar) and she just goes out, does her business, and comes back in. I think I got it off of Amazon. 
  • Options
    My dogs like to bark and birds and squirrels all the time, and I'll just let them bark outside because I'm sick of hearing it reverberate in my house. Considering the trashy neighbors that yell at each other outside, I feel like I'm only a minor twatwaffle on my street.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm the TW today. I had a to go cup of tea in my work bag that spilled all over my stuff - student tests, attendance sheets, etc. Needless to say, I spent the evening drying out stuff and throwing out stuff I absolutely didn't need.
    Also, the copying department at my college is a TW. Gave a test today and half of the tests were missing a page or some tests were stapled together.
    Its been a day…
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dinofreakdinofreak member
    edited March 2017
    @lyse01 where do you live? Just curious because my town has islanders who boat into town.

I subbed today (a class I've been in several times before) and 1 kid was a total TW.  I'm not even sorry, he was just a jerk. Disobeying and arguing with me, disrespectful and back talking. This is an 11 year old. I almost cried he was just so mean and nasty to me all day. Right after school, my mom texted that she had cookies coming out of the oven and did I want to come over, though! She's subbed this class before and we had a good mutual vent about this kid :smile:
  • Options
    @dinofreak - New England. It's 45 min on the car ferry (20 min on the passenger boat) offshore. I work on island, SO works in town. No matter where we live, someone needs to commute or switch jobs. He is really really bad at living by the ferry schedule, so I'm going to end up the commuter (for now at least).

MIL thinks, among other things, that medical safety is better on the mainland. I beg to differ when I have five EMTs working next door at the school, and can group text the two nurses and one doctor for house calls. There's no way I can get a mainland pediatrician on the phone that fast, let alone over to patch up the kid. And we have an ambulance boat to get to the hospital. :tongue: :
  • Options
    @szwill86 we are going to start putting our bark collar on our lab before he goes outside. He's the worst at it as once he starts the other 3 join in. Ours is a shock collar (remote control) and we only ever shocked him once in the lowest setting and he hated it so much we pretty much just have to show it to him for him to behave. I'm not a big fan of shock collars but we tried the citronella and he just didn't care. 
  • Options
    My husband who needed to use the washer/dryer (odd because he never does laundry- probably getting sick of waiting for me to do it) and so he dumped all the clean laundry from the dryer on to the dirty floor!!! Wth dude? First, you know I hate bending over already. Second, IT'S CLEAN LAUNDRY DOOFUS!
  • Options
    The people who drive with their high beams on when it's not necessary. Literally felt blinded this am...it's 7 something and it's not dark...Thanks. 
  • Options
    @szwill86 we are going to start putting our bark collar on our lab before he goes outside. He's the worst at it as once he starts the other 3 join in. Ours is a shock collar (remote control) and we only ever shocked him once in the lowest setting and he hated it so much we pretty much just have to show it to him for him to behave. I'm not a big fan of shock collars but we tried the citronella and he just didn't care. 
    We have that same collar..it has a vibrate feature which works great since we also don't want to use the shock. Our dog would bark incessantly at squirrels haha...literally he'd sit under a tree for an hour and bark non-stop. As if that would make them come down!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    There is not a WTF Wednesday so I have to vent here, but my commute is a twat/wtf tonight. I work in Boston, a decent sized metropolitan area and they ran out of trains on the commuter rail and just straight up removed my train home. How do you run out of trains? I've only been taking this train home daily for 6 years! My two kids and sick dog are lucky I have a flexible nanny...

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    @donehue That's ridiculous. I used to work in Boston and they would just up and cancel my train home and it'd be hours until the next one. I'm sorry it's taking so long to get home  :'(

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    One of the girls brought strep throat to the office yesterday. She left work to go to urgent care and was given a script for antibiotics. Instead of going home she stuck around and exposed everyone else to strep (I wasn't there yesterday so I don't know why she was not sent home after urgent care). She did not start her antibiotics until she got home last night and had the audacity to come to work this morning. My office manager sent her home and she was livid. Why would you come to work if 1. you have diagnosed strep and 2. you have been on antibiotics less than 24 hours. No one else wants your germs especially the preggo lady! Now my throat is a little sore and I'm paranoid that I am getting strep throat! Ugh! Why are people so stupid? 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013