Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Possible Miscarriage (WARNING: photos)

azalea99azalea99 member
edited March 2017 in Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

This happened about 6 months ago, but it's still on my mind so I thought I would post and ask others' opinions. I hadn't had a period in 6 weeks, but I began cramping in my back and bleeding so I put in a tampon figuring it was my period. When I took it out a few hours later, this (in the photo) was on it. I've never had anything like this come out! I continued to bleed pretty heavily through the next day and then lightly for another day or two before it stopped, but nothing else like that came out. I looked online and read somewhere to put it in water to see if it dissolves at all. I did that and it stayed whole, only some of the blood washed off. Even after being in the water, it still had dark red/black color in some areas. I've never had this happen! I still don't know if it was a miscarriage or possibly just tissue ? I have had nothing abnormal since. Two photos show how it came out and two are after I pulled it apart a little. Thank you for any help.

Re: Possible Miscarriage (WARNING: photos)

• Options

Even though you did put a trigger warning in your post title, I would still beg you to remove those pictures.  Your doctor is the person to ask this question to 
  • Options
    I'm sorry, but I had posted on another similar forum and others had posted photos as well. Is this not done here? If that is the case then I was mistaken and yes I will remove them. Please let me know, thank you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have removed the photos. I'm sorry if it offended you, I was really just looking for others' opinions who may have had something like it happen to them since it feels unresolved for me.
  • Options
    Im so sorry you've been through this. I miscarried at 7 weeks & in addition to heavy bleeding & regular clots I did pass the sack & contents. It looked like a large cherry sized mass that was dark in color like a clot would be. It kindof sounds like you may be describing something similar. Talking with a doctor is always advisable, especially if you're having any further abnormal symptoms like continued bleeding, strange odors or pain. And talking to loved ones can help with the emotional struggle. I wish you the very best.