June 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest

Because I'm like 85% sure it's Monday today #sahmfog

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• Options
    Today I'm annoyed at myself, for not realizing until we were down to our very last diaper that there were no more in the house. Luckily I had a few in the diaper bag that got me through to afternoon, but I was not planning on an emergency Walmart run today and DD was not in the mood.
  • Options
    @mamaelle27 UGH!! I hate that!! 

My MBF goes out to my coworker who resubmitted a PTO request for the same dates that I declined a couple months ago. THEN he complained about me to HR for "taking so long" to approve the dates.
    Um... GTFO with that crap!! I told you no the first time so you ask me again to take time off the week before my due date?  :s

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am just over my job in general.  I hate feeling like it because I was so excited to be an educator in high school and in college.  I don't know if it is just my school or everywhere but it just sucks.  
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    @FSUNole31 I am kind of over my job too. I don't work in education, I'm just exhausted by everyone and everything lately. I'm blaming it on pregnancy hormones because generally I like working. 
  • Options
    I want to be done work. I'm tired. I was about to cry today because a game I put together for my students would not work and I had to make some last minute changes. Ughhh 
    I think exhaustion makes me emotional.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh lord. I needed this thread today, desperately. We have a min pin who is almost 10 years old. He's had some issues with his bowels the last few years and sometimes he has accidents if he can't make it to the dog door in time. 

I've started leaving a puppy pad for him in the hall most days. He had an accident today and used the puppy pad while I was on the phone with my mom. I didn't catch it right away and my 16 month old DS got there first. He decided to turn the dog poo into shit crayons and draw all over the hallway walls. I called DH on the verge of tears and he just laughed his ass off. I finally got everything cleaned up and sanitized after dry heaving for a solid 30 min. DS just had a nice long bath.
  • Options
    Not really a bitch, just a men can be stupid story: Tonight dh had a meeting at 6 and then a class to teach at 7, so we had an early dinner, during which dd got a fairly large amount of alfredo sauce in her hair. I kind of sighed and said to dh that I guess I will have to give her a bath tonight (I told him last week baths can only happen on nights he gets her ready for bed from now on, because it is getting too hard for me). He said, "Can't you just comb her hair instead? That should get it out." Really?! Are you new here?!
  • Options
    I'm on the men are stupid train. DH works nights and last night my 16 month old DD woke up bawling in the middle of the night and was awake for an hour and a half. I texted DH saying I didn't know how I was going to be able to handle episodes like this with a newborn and that I was feeling overwhelmed. His response was, "You'll figure it out. You can always just nurse the baby while you tend to her." First of all, no. That's not how it works. Second of all, thanks so much for your support.
  • Options
    I'm on the men are stupid train. DH works nights and last night my 16 month old DD woke up bawling in the middle of the night and was awake for an hour and a half. I texted DH saying I didn't know how I was going to be able to handle episodes like this with a newborn and that I was feeling overwhelmed. His response was, "You'll figure it out. You can always just nurse the baby while you tend to her." First of all, no. That's not how it works. Second of all, thanks so much for your support.
    I would have changed some locks before he got home
  • Options
    Ugh.  I hate when DH says "you'll figure it out" instead of listening to my worry and/or having a real option.  I know I'll eventually cope...but you could help me figure it out and support me in that process.
  • Options
    theweevee said:
    Ugh.  I hate when DH says "you'll figure it out" instead of listening to my worry and/or having a real option.  I know I'll eventually cope...but you could help me figure it out and support me in that process.
    Yes! Exactly this! He had the nerve to say this morning that it is obviously as much his problem as it is mine, but that he could totally nurse one baby while getting another baby back to sleep. So ignorant. 
  • Options
    I have to get in a swimsuit today. We enrolled DD3 in swim class at a different place and she's two months shy of doing the class by herself (she was by herself at the old place), so we get to do mommy and me. :s
  • Options
    @stankonia2014 good luck you can do it! 
  • Options
    Oh man @Stankonia2014, I was so glad when DS graduated from mommy and me classes. Getting in that suit every week was not my idea of fun. 

Where are you guys going? Hope it goes well!!
  • Options
    Oh man @Stankonia2014, I was so glad when DS graduated from mommy and me classes. Getting in that suit every week was not my idea of fun. 

Where are you guys going? Hope it goes well!!
    We just switched from Swimtastic to the YMCA.  My oldest basically went as far as she could at Swimtastic, so I switched them both so she could do competition team. Luckily, it's just one session of mommy and me, then she's solo.
  • Options
    Tuesday Bitchfest- Mobile bumping isn't working for me today.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    Oh man, @Stankonia2014. My son will be old enough to do swim lessons by himself this summer, and if he refuses, then he's just not getting swim lessons this year. Good luck! 
  • Options
    Sort of on topic, but not quite...how old do you usually start kids in swim lessons? I know DS is too young right now (not even a year yet) but is this something I'm probably going to need to look into next year? 
  • Options
    mkrelmkrel member
    @ladylolly89 No experience as I'm a FTM, but a local swim school has classes near me that start as early as 2 months to introduce baby to the pool and then the next class level is I believe open to 6 months to 18 months and so on. Point being, it seems like it is up to you when you think it is appropriate. 
  • Options
    We didn't do swim lessons until 3 so it was a kid only class/ not mommy and me.  But I have friends that do the infant swim classes where they go multiple times a week and can like dive and swim alone by 2.  Her 3 year old can swim down 10 ft to pick up rings. It's pretty awesome but they are very committed because they live on the jersey shore and like to go to the beach. 
  • Options
    @ladylolly89 I think you can do them whenever, but I wouldn't worry about it if you don't want to. I don't have a citation for this, because it's something my dad (pediatrician) has told me he has encountered in medical literature, not something I have read myself, but drowning rates are actually higher for young children who have taken swim lessons, because parents think they can be less vigilant. You have to be on high alert around water regardless of swim lessons, even if the water is shallow enough for them to touch, so you may as well hold off until they are a little older unless you want to do it or it would be fun for them. I probably won't do swim lessons until age four-ish, but we will continue to take dd in pools and lakes in the summers to keep her acclimated to the water in the meantime. In my experience teaching swim lessons, that's most of what they do before that age anyway, and there is no safety reason to start earlier.
  • Options
    I think I might talk DH into doing swim lessons super early just because we have our cabin on a lake that we go to a lot in the summer. More to get her used to water when she's a baby then when she's older she can learn safety stuff and how to actually swim. The kids up at the cabin all wear life vests or floaties until they are very good swimmers and aren't allowed to go out very far until then either. I think only the 9ish year old is allowed to swim far without a lifevest/floaties. Also there are always way more adults than children to keep an eye on them. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @ladylolly89, my kids all started as toddlers, but there are babies in the classes before us, like under 1 year. It's a parent/child class and it's just getting them acclimated to the water.  I know there's a Swimtastic in Omaha. 
  • Options
    Thanks, all. DS loves the water, but I just don't see the need to enroll in a baby class when he already enjoys being in the water and DH and I can just take him to the pool without having to pay extra! I learned to swim at 2, so we'll just wait a year or two! I can't imagine taking two young babies to the pool at once. 
  • Options
    @ladylolly89, we started DS in the mommy/daddy and me classes when he was 8 months old. They said they start them at 6 months but he hit 6 months after a session started so I just waited for the next session. We did it because he has always had a love for water and they start working on breath control and finding safety from the get go so we figured it couldn't hurt. 

He moved to independent lessons around 20 months and has done really well with them! He can glide under water between his instructors and can swim to safety on his own after "falling" into the pool. His breath control is really great, which eases my mind for summertime when we play in the little kiddie pool in the back yard. I still don't let him play unsupervised by any means, but I don't worry so much when he falls and goes under because he knows how to hold his breath and not take in a ton of water now. 
  • Options
    I started dd around her second b-day. That class was just for fun and I was with two of my friends and their baby boys. Dd has been comfortable with water since birth so I wasn't worried about that so much. But a few of her little classmates screamed the whole time so I'm pretty sure that was the point of that class. It's mostly a safety and fun thing to do for me since it's our only good access to a pool. By the end of that session she was jumping in and really confident, although I think that's not such a good thing really. I watch her like a hawk when we're near water. 
    Last summer (3 yrs old) was amazing because I signed her up at a cheap high school program in the afternoon so her dad could come too. She was the only kid in the class!!! The kid actually ran out of things to teach her. Lol by the end she could swim to the edge, if you dunked her she could swim back to the surface and she was swimming back and forth between us and the teacher, and the butterfly stroke. It was really fun. We're signing her up again this year and I'm kind of happy it's a no parent in the water one now. 
    My friend has had her dd in swim since she was tiny and she is a great swimmer. They did it because her parents have a pool and take care of the kids a lot. They just started their 6 mo old. 
  • Options
    I started DS in swimming lessons at age 3. He loves the water but it was a total disaster. He refused to go in with the teacher without me. He just sat on the side and cried until I went in with him. I guess it just depends on how independent your child is.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah... I still haven't put my almost 6 year old in swim lessons. She is autistic though so that was always my reason, but she does gymnastics now so I think she could do it. Maybe this post will get my butt in gear, but maybe not.

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    mrtmrt member
    In our town, the swim lessons for mastering skills start at 5, the groups before that are ”preschool" and "parent/child" and they are mostly for getting the kids used to the water. So if they are already comfortable getting in the water and going under water, you could skip those levels without guilt.
  • Options
    I totally agree it's kind of a waste to put infants/toddlers in swim classes if they are used to the water. 

We did with both our boys even though they LOVE!! the water. It was a special thing they did with dad. He loved taking them. But most of the class was trying to get the crying kids used to the water. For us it was fun time with dad. 
  • Options
    For us it's just a tie over until DD3 can get into something else at age 3. Not many activities for children under 3.
  • Options
    IDK, DS is in private swim lessons right now and he is 3.5 yo.  She is teaching him to float on his back, go underwater, and the correct motions for his arms and legs. Ours is more then getting used to the water, so for us it's worth it.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    kahlan82 said:
    IDK, DS is in private swim lessons right now and he is 3.5 yo.  She is teaching him to float on his back, go underwater, and the correct motions for his arms and legs. Ours is more then getting used to the water, so for us it's worth it.
    No, by this age definitely. I just don't think infants and babies really benefit from it other than getting used to the water. 
  • Options
    kahlan82kahlan82 member
    edited March 2017
    Wino0920 said:
    kahlan82 said:
    No, by this age definitely. I just don't think infants and babies really benefit from it other than getting used to the water. 
    Yeah, I can get that.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17