TTC After a Loss

March TWW

Re: March TWW

• @pandawares sorry about your cp :(
  • @pandawares- GL this cycle.

I bought some more panty liners today.  Now that I've been on the Prog for 7 days it's starting to collect and also come out during the day leaving me with a very squishy feeling.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • SP128SP128 member
    @vlagrl29 things get better and better. Hopefully the suppositories do the trick. 

I think i go here now. Waiting for ff to confirm. I think I'm 2dpo. If so, timing is -2,-1,o, +1
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• That's pretty good timing @sp128 - last month I felt we had great timing and this month I feel we didn't get enough 
  • SP128SP128 member
    @vlagrl29 last month we had another day and had great timing as well. Unfortunately nothing panned out. Only takes one I guess   
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• Yeah that's true it just takes one. I'm feeling belly bloat with this stuff too. @SP128

if we have sex during tww I make sure I don't put in the suppository until after we have. Honestly I'll be glad we we can just have sex when ever and not time it.  I look forward to tww just for the break :)
  • SP128SP128 member
    @vlagrl29 it wasn't too stressful this cycle to bd. Last night dh was like you are going to ovulate soon right ? Little did he know that I did the previous day and yesterday was a just in case the egg isn't still around type of bd.  Less stressful for him = no performance issues. 

Its so quiet around here. Crickets.  
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @sp128. it really is..... sooo quiet

• so many ladies have gotten BFPs which is awesome but that leaves us will a smaller group.

@SP128 - yeah our BD is never stressful so much so that if I feel like it will be forced I tell DH that it's not necessary.  I just hope one day we can have sex without having to worry about catching the egg so to speak.
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited March 2017
    @justsuzie - are you still around lurking?  Hope you're getting darker lines and everything is going well.
  • @SP128 Great timing!

Ugh, I am really not feeling it today. I had some cramping last night, and idk ... I just don't feel good about it. Tested this morning, and the line isn't any darker, and it's still hard to see without squinting and turning it just so. I'm starting to feel like I'm BS crazy. If AF shows up, I'm going to get a bottle of shiraz and take a nice long soak in the tub. Tried to take my mind off it by starting a new book. Not even 50 pages in, and there's a suicide note and a school shooting. Sigh. I had severe insomnia last night. I took generic Zzzquil, which usually knocks me out, but it had absolutely no effect, so I ended up taking half an Ambien at 2 AM. I want to take DS to the park, but he is still recovering from a cold, and I don't want him to infect the neighborhood. Agh!

That said, my cervix is still very high (half to bear down slightly to reach it), and I have plenty of creamy CF. Who the heck knows. I just want coffee, and I've already reached my daily limit.

But! DS might get his own bed tonight, and I am very excited to have space in my own bed again. I keep sleeping on the futon in the living room because I don't even want to try to vie for space.
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pandawares which hpt are you using? Some of them can mimic squintes,like the new frer
  • vlagrl29vlagrl29 member
    edited March 2017
    @justsuzie- yay for darker lines!  To be honest with you I don't know if I could make it to the 7 week u/s next time I'm pregnant.  I'll be constantly worried and want to just see it ya know?

@pandawares - maybe you should not do early testing for you mental state.  You're not using blue dye tests are you.  I once saw a squinter with that.  I know for me if I test early its a waste.  I know you're at a decent DPO.  I just personally don't like testing.  Negative Nellie over here :)

I'm currently 8dpo and just hanging out lol - I don't feel anything different yet.
  • Also @SP128 has your doc ever mentioned taking prog or testing it? I'm not sure but I think it would help it stick.

what brand test is the most sensitive? If I don't get AF on its due date I'll test. 
  • @vlagrl29 I believe the first response is pretty good
  • I ask because my numbers are very slow to rise.
  • Not tagging because I'm getting ready to go to the optometrist.

I've been using FRERs because they're supposedly the most sensitive, but I HATE pink dye tests. There's just not enough contrast for my taste. I think they're officially 25, but have been positive as low as 6.25 in experiments.

I know I shouldn't test early, but ugh! My OPKs have been consistently near-positive since my actual positive, so that's giving me hope, at least.

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @pandawares- well good luck!  positive OPKs when you are not ovulating is a good sign.

Does anyone know how much HCG has to be in your system to turn a test positive?

I think I've realized why I haven't been the most happy this week - it's been cloudy and gloomy and rainy all week.  Can't wait for the sun.
  • SP128SP128 member
    @vlagrl29 re didn't test for it. I asked nurse at my ob office when I wasn't going through the mc and she said they dont test for it because there wasn't much research that it has anything to do with anything. Guess it all depends on the office and the doctors beliefs. 

Its cold and rainy today too. I've been trying to nap for the last couple hours. Was exhausted. No luck 
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @SP128 the weather hates us here lol 
  • We've actually had sunny weather! But I'm going through an agoraphobic phase with my depression/anxiety, so I haven't been outside much. I actually replaced the light bulbs in our living room with sun-spectrum bulbs, and that really helps supplement when the weather is yucky. Light has a huge impact on my mental health.

I went to the store on my way home from the optometrist to buy blue dye tests, and they had ZERO. They are always out of stock of something ... it's good to know I'm not the only one buying them! I actually picked up a box of the AccuClear because I wanted to see what their advertising looked at (I'd read some bad reviews online), and when I went to put it back on the shelf, a woman near me said "You can just give that to me ... thanks ...".

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've missed a bunch in the last couple days, we've had movers at our house packing up to load up tomorrow. Then we hit the road Monday. Almost there!! 

@pandawares I have my fingers crossed so hard for you that the squinters you're seeing will keep getting darker! If it makes you feel any better, I've never gotten anything better than a faint line on any brand of hpt, even with my DD. And I obsessively tested every week of the first trimester with that pregnancy after losing two. 

@justsuzie I'm so glad that your lines are darkening! Such a good sign. I hope you get confirmation of good location soon!!

AFM, I'm 14 dpo, waiting for AF to show on Friday. After my BFN on Monday I won't be testing until Friday or Saturday if AF hasn't showed up. Maybe not even then, since we will be super busy with the move. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • SP128SP128 member
    snow on Friday. @MimoCa
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• @pandawares I hope you will get darkening lines soon and it just might be that your levels aren't triggering the hpt.

@babypi good luck with the move, I also hope AF decides to take a hiatus from you for a long while FX!

@SP128 make the snow stop lol its Spring, come on!
  • Well the sun came out on my way to yoga tonight and I saw a rainbow. Back to raining again.
  • so your RE doesn't do the CD21 P test?  That's interesting.  I guess it really depends on the doctor and what they believe.  @SP128
  • Welp, BFN this morning, and I'm 14DPO. I'm telling myself what I saw was just leftover HCG from the CP last month. Either way, expecting AF tomorrow.

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • SP128SP128 member
    @pandawares :(. Hang in there girl
    ***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• *lurking*

@pandawares I'm sorry for the emotional ups and downs you've been on for the past few months. I just wanted to say that being on this board for a while in the past, I learned that your OPKs and HPTs can still turn a test for a while after your loss, even if your temps show you're in the TWW. Unless you're having betas to make sure that your HCG levels are 0/in the negatives, there's no way to know for sure that your HPT squinters are really squinters and not just HCG still left in your body. Are you getting follow-up betas after your losses?
  • I'm honestly fine either way. It's the not knowing that kills me. I've decided to start temping, though!

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • SP128SP128 member
    @vlagrl29 re has done all the testing for now I guess. I just want all the testing now instead of a few this cycle and a few next. 

***TW***
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP

• I would too @SP128 - why waste time ya know?  I have no idea if these suppositories will help me or not but I at least feel I'm doing something productive that may possibly help in the long run.
  • @vlagrl29 I hope the suppositories work for you! We might start persuing those options when we hit the year mark of trying. 

On a different note, the movers found our announcement as they were packing and congratulated me today. It was sweet yet heart-wrenching. I feel like only a bunch of guys wouldn't be able to tell that I can't possibly still be due to have a baby in July. Ugh. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @babypi I'm so sorry.

AFM - *TW* Living Child Mentioned

I gave up on being a "good mom" today. I've been irritable since I woke up, and after several hours of anger and yelling, I sent my MIL this text:

"Sometimes, you just have to do what's best for your kids. Sometimes, what's best for your kids is day-drinking shitty wine."

I feel a little better, at least!

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Lol @pandawares I'm so glad we are beyond that stage. Kindergarten is the best!
  • Oh, @babypi that sucks. A coworker of mine has been out for surgery and just came back yesterday. When she saw me she asked how my pregnancy was going. It still hurts having to tell people 3 months later. Lots of hugs your way!
  • how's everyone in the TWW doing?  I had to look on my calendar - I'm 10dpo and pretty much convinced I'm not going to be pregnant this cycle.  I have like zero symptoms.  AF due next thursday and spotting shall start tuesday.  I had a weird dream last night - I got my period and then we started looking at adoption.  good gawd!