July 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Bitchfest 3.27.17

13»

Re: Monday Bitchfest 3.27.17

• Options
    MrsLa3MrsLa3 member
    edited March 2017
    @stokesm21 you can't be serious right now. 

Eta: had to change words so I don't get a warning.
  • Options
    XathXath member
    stokesm21 said:
    Xath said:
    Rae1 said:
    stokesm21 said:
    AdaByron said:
    LOL "it's way too much literature to argue"... proceeds to quote wikipedia. 
    Stating a basic fact isn't arguing literature but okay. LOL  
    Fact: Things on Wikipedia aren't necessarily facts. 
    Cite?   ;)

You're the last person who should be commenting on this since you quoted a Wikipedia article at me just the other day. So it's okay for some people, not for others I guess.  

Woah, Ok.  That comment (which was intended as a joke) wasn't even directed at you.  

I enjoy reading wikipedia articles sometimes. Some are well written and can be very informative (when read with the context that it's fricking wikipedia).  I also like it as a source reference; the citations of the articles often source some interesting reads. However, I wouldn't use it as the base sourcing of an arguement to go against the guidance of a trained medical professional.  

I get that you were called out about something you're passionate about.  You've been here long enough to realize that lashing out at everyone is not the way to change hearts and minds on the internet.  (If you even can change hearts and minds on the internet). 
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Xath said:
    Also, guise.  Me gawking at an acquaintance of a friend on FB.  They:

(1) Threw themselves
    (2) a PUPPY shower
    (3) with gifts
    I can't even with this.

One of my friends was thrown a kitty shower when she got a new cat. I did not contribute to that. Total side-eye from me.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    What the actual fuck? I've never heard of that before. Please don't let that be a thing. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    Xath said:

(1) Threw themselves
    (2) a PUPPY shower
    (3) with gifts
    What???? Did you go? I need details. What type of gifts does one bring to a puppy shower? Please tell me they didnt register. 
  • Options
    Xath said:

(1) Threw themselves
    (2) a PUPPY shower
    (3) with gifts
    Wooooooow. I just don't even know what to say. 
  • Options
    A puppy shower?? Why didn't I think of that?! (Kidding of course) Hahahahah. That's out of control. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would totally go to a puppy shower. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I have gone to multiple puppy birthday parties, they have all been really cute. Bonus most people have made my kids goodie bags to take home. We usually bring a chew toy or treats from the fancy puppy boutique. I haven't been to a puppy shower, is the puppy there is it more of a sip and see?
  • Options
    clioclio member
    I don't know if I should be amused or horrified.
  • Options
    CPR79CPR79 member
    I want to hate on puppy showers, and I'm sure I would if I was invited to one. But I know a few couples unable to have children who view their pets as their children who I might not hate on as much. 
  • Options
    I would only go to a puppy shower if it were a puppy sprinkle and I got to meet the puppy. 
  • Options
    XathXath member
    Xath said:

(1) Threw themselves
    (2) a PUPPY shower
    (3) with gifts
    What???? Did you go? I need details. What type of gifts does one bring to a puppy shower? Please tell me they didnt register. 
    No idea.  I was just gawking at something someone I know "reacted" to on FB.  Looks like it had the standard shower fare of gifts and themed activities.  
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Omg this thread is so crazy today! Puppy showers, entire page dedicated to our undying love of wikipedia as a source, and a smidge potty mouth shaming! Are you guys reading my diary? 
  • Options
    My dislike for showers, be bridal or baby, now extends to the surprisingly new puppy catergory. So to sum it up, I am a grinch to brides, babies and puppies. I think my work here is done, and I will be accepting the award for grinchiest bumpie ever. 
  • Options
    @supermom83 I just find showers of every sort socially uncomfortable. A few glasses of wine usually fixes that. But I understand your dislike.
  • Options
    My dislike for showers, be bridal or baby, now extends to the surprisingly new puppy catergory. So to sum it up, I am a grinch to brides, babies and puppies. I think my work here is done, and I will be accepting the award for grinchiest bumpie ever. 
    I have slight dyslexia, and I definitely read that last part as 'grumpiest bitchie ever.' I'm not sure why this amuses me so much, but I felt the need to share my amusement. Carry on...
  • Options
    Totally agree with the "being showered with puppies" interpretation @star_beagle
  • Options
    A puppy shower definitely needs to be more of a sip-and-see style occasion. I would show up just to see WTF this person had in mind for such a soirée. 
    I love my dog, and give her some special treat on her birthday, but I've never celebrated this as a group thing. Never even entered my mind as something to do. 
  • Options
    I've had birthday parties for my dogs... Unfortunately all three of those dogs died shortly after I started the parties.
    My current dog will not have parties!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish your dog is my fav. :smile:
  • Options
    Ummmm, so this means I'm going to have to cancel my puppy shower? Shit.
  • Options
    3rd puppy. Hangs head in shame.