November 2017 Moms

FTM Check-In 3/27

2»

Re: FTM Check-In 3/27

• 1) How far along are you? 7+5
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Just got back from my first apt. Measuring 7+6 which I expected because I was thinking I O'd earlier than CD 14 and I had blaring positives, even a digi, at 3+3. HR was 166. I have a small subchronic hemorrhage but the dr wasn't too concerned. Basically said I can expect some bleeding. I have apts every 2 weeks until we move, with U/S each time because that's the standard in Korea. We move when I'm about 16 weeks or so, depending on when we travel. 
    3) Cravings/symptoms? I'm hungry but then don't eat a lot. I've lost about 4 lbs but it's weight I could have stood to lose before getting pregnant. I'm really just watching portions and such now. From weeks 4-7 or so I really didn't want anything. Now I'm starving but I get acid reflux and my gag reflex is crazy. I dry heave from coughing now so I'm sure the actual vomiting is on its way.
    4) Rants/raves? I'm so glad DH got to go to the apt with me. The Korean OB office isn't really set up for husbands to go so he didn't get a great view. I had a screen on the wall across from me to see. DH just looked at the dr's monitor. He still wants to be team green but I want to find out, we'll see. He had to go to the gym and back to work and when he dropped me off at home he said "bye mom" which made me melt. 
    5) Questions for FTM, STM+?
    6) GTKY: To epidural or not to epidural? That is the question. I plan to go without an epidural but I won't hate myself if I get one. I'm just scared of the needle and permanent back damage since I have back pain already. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• @TallMomma29 that actually makes it worse for me tbh. My fear isn't needles, it's just the entire idea of an epidural that squicks me out. I always watch blood draws and things like that, I find it helpful to see what's going on. 

Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • 1) How far along are you?
    7+5

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?
    Last week was my 2nd u/s and first pre-natal visit.  I didn't actually see my doctor but spent an hour with the nurse going over medical history, nutrition info, etc.  I have my 3rd u/s scheduled this Friday.

3) Cravings/symptoms?
    Mild nausea, more spotting than I'd like (that's the reason for all these u/s), super tired.  When I flossed last night my gums started bleeding like crazy when they never had before.  I'd read that could happen but oh my!

4) Rants/raves?
    2 raves:  1) My husband has been great so far.  Very attentive and accommodating.  2) I haven't had any emotional upheaval (which can prob be tied directly back to #1).  I've gotten teary eyed during a couple of TV shows but no rages, meltdowns, etc.  

Nothing at the moment.

6) GTKY: To epidural or not to epidural? That is the question.
    When the nurse asked this question I immediately responded with a 'yes'.  Now that I've had a week to think on it and read up a little more I'm not sure - I need some answers re: what kind of epidural the hospital administers before I decide.  I have a feeling this is something I'm going to waffle about quite a bit, at least in my head.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• 1) How far along are you? 5 weeks 3 days
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? Two blood tests last week, everything looks good.  Next appointment is an early ultrasound next week.
    3) Cravings/symptoms? No appetite. Some mild cramping. Tired, waking up in the middle of the night (I normally sleep very well)
    4) Rants/raves? I'm anxious about telling people at work.  But mostly very happy to be on this journey, anxieties and symptoms included. 
    5) Questions for FTM, STM+? Did you garden while pregnant? Our nurse suggested that I shouldn't due to toxoplasmosis risks. 
    6) GTKY: To epidural or not to epidural? That is the question. Big maybe here.  My wife read a study that suggested that people who try for a natural birth may have an increased risk of postpartum depression, the suggestion being that it's essentially PTSD. I think I'll need to keep doing reading to understand the benefits and risks of different approaches. 
  • Ahh!  Sorry @Tourmalily!  I didn't mean to make it worse!   I think there are a lot of things about child birth that seem scary or terrifying but then in the moment are surprisingly NBD, and for me getting an epidural was one of those things.  Definitely talk to your OB or midwife about it if you are interested at all (no pressure or anything, just if you're interested!) and hopefully they can ease your mind better than I can.  :)

• @crewmf I heard the same thing so happily passed all the gardening work off to my husband while I'm pregnant.  We used to divide the yard work where he would mow and I would garden.  I always teased him that my job was so much harder than his, and he never believed me.  Now he is finding that out firsthand.  He already got so frustrated pruning the rosebushes...I was like "just wait until you have to pull weeds!"  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @TallMomma29 it's also not about the needles for me (although I don't like them, I can deal with them), I just have this weird fear of anesthesia and not being able to feel things or move.  I have always been like that, I was even wide awake a few years ago for my wisdom teeth removal (had local anesthesia, of course).  I just try to avoid it as much as possible, but it's just my own comfort level.  I haven't ruled it out completely and certainly won't be upset with myself if I change my mind in the moment.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1) How far along are you?
    8 weeks tomorrow

2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go?
    Had my first prenatal visit 2 weeks ago where they took my blood and asked my life story and I have my first ultrasound tomorrow! I'm so giddy! 
    3) Cravings/symptoms?
    I've been wanting anything with soy sauce and I had a day dream about corn bread yesterday (I don't even like corn bread that much). I had symptoms like minor nausea and extreme fatigue, but the last week or so I haven't felt any symptoms except sore boobs which is kinda concerning!
    4) Rants/raves?
    None really except that it's super adorable seeing my husband in dad mode already. He's making sure I'm eating right and taking care of my body and planning for the baby already.
    I guess the only question I have for STMs is have any of you had your symptoms disappear before the second trimester? Is it something I should worry about?
    6) GTKY: To epidural or not to epidural? That is the question.
    I'm terrified for labor so epidural, please!
  • 1) How far along are you? 7w3d
    2) Any appointments this week or last week? How did it go? First appt not until April 19th, I'll be 10 weeks, the anxiety of waiting is killing me
    3) Cravings/symptoms? exhausted all the time, taking lots of naps. Extremely sore boobs, slight wave of nausea here and there, nothing crazy, usually triggered by a random smell. Very moody, easily frustrated (especially at DH, usually for no good reason.) 
    4) Rants/raves? Rant: My entire life I've envisioned being pregnant as this beautiful amazing thing. I didn't think it was going to make me feel so crappy so soon, so Tired ALL THE TIME.  Rave: Even though most days I end up temporarily upset with DH for whatever reason, he came home last night with an air purifier/aromatherapy machine to help with smells getting to me. Love him
    5) Questions for FTM, STM+? Does the exhaustion get better soon??
    6) GTKY: To epidural or not to epidural? That is the question. Would like to say no epidural, but will likely end up caving in the moment, which I'm totally ok with.