Trying to Get Pregnant

WTF Wednesday

I need this today. What's got you saying WTF?

Me: 29 | DH: 29
Married 12/2016
DSS born 01/2016
TTC since 01/2017
Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: WTF Wednesday

• WTF to my uterus (go figure, right?). I don't understand why I haven't ovulated yet and I'm tired of peeing on OPKs. Last cycle was like a textbook example of how a cycle should look, but this cycle just has me confused. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @morado23 UGH I'm sorry your uterus isn't cooperating!

WTF to taxes! We bought a house this year and everyone told me I'd see the biggest tax return I ever have. Last year we ended up having to pay a little ($100-$200) because I had waaay too many allowances. I fixed it, so DH and I are both married 1. And wouldn't you know that we have to pay $1,000+ for federal, and that's with private mortgage insurance/property taxes/etc and student loan interest.

Also, when I updated my W4 last year, the payroll person didn't update my state allowances, so for my state taxes, I'm listed as single 3. We don't have to pay quite as much for state as federal, but seriously?! WTF!!! And of course this is all happening when I'm about to go see an RE. I'm feeling so much anxiety about finances right now and it's making me think maybe it isn't our time to see an RE (or even have a baby). UGH.

OH! WTF to DH and I for being naive little idiots when deciding on insurance. His insurance is like $20/mo or something insane. Mine is like $100+/mo. Yeah my coverage is probably better, but when we were looking at if we should go with one of our plans, we only looked at coverage for pregnancy/birth. What do you know, my expensive insurance is 100% OOP for infertility and DH's covers 60% up to $15,000 after you meet the $2,000 OOP max.

Wow, I'm sorry for that enormous rant I just went on.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Loading the player...
  • @MJDsquared Oh no.. I'm so sorry to hear about those unfortunate surprises. Do you know if you can switch to his insurance? I know that if my husband wants to switch to my plan I can basically put him on at anytime if I can prove a "change" has occurred. So if he drops his medical, even if it was his choice to drop it, I can add him. 
    Do you know why you guys owe so much for federal? I always claim O allowances... some people perfer to pay at the end but not this girl. 
  • @MJDsquared taxes are so damn confusing!!! I'm pretty sure the gvmt makes it that way on purpose so that you f up and then they can take more from you. Bunch of dicks.
  • @JJMNO1616 I'm not sure. I thought it had to be during open enrollment, but I might have to make DH investigate and see. And I have no idea why we're having to pay so much! It's crazy, since last year when I had too many allowances and we didn't have the PMI/property taxes to include we had to pay so much less. I promptly filled out a new W4 with 0 allowances this morning and made sure the payroll person also updated state this time. I definitely would rather get less per month and not have a huge surprise bill in the spring!
    @gameofsucculents Seriously! Taxes are the absolute worst.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @MJDsquared ugh sorry to hear about that struggle. We are putting off doing our taxes off until the last minute because we know we will have to pay. one of these days we will figure out how to get it to zero. no interest free loan for the feds and no out of pocket for us...ah dreams. 

my WTF is how do you just not show up for work?  I had to call an employee who works part time, but has a set schedule and she was so nonchalant when I asked where she was. She was like, "I'm at home am I supposed to be at work?" Why, yes, yes you are, like every Wednesday. She says, "oh, I thought it was Thursday." Then I find out that another employee has been calling her everyday she is schedule to tell her that she is scheduled. This is not new. She has been with the company for 6 years, she has had this current schedule for at least a year. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @morado23 I totally feel you! Why can't we all have complete control over our uterus/ovaries?? 
    @MJDsquared I'm sorry about all of the financial anxiety. That's really not fun. I hope it all works out for you! And good luck at the RE! 
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017
  • @MJDsquared I am mad for you about taxes! That totally sucks! I am not an accountant and use a software to do mine, but we also bought a house last year and we were able to deduct our loan origination fees. Was that already taken into account?

Also I use itsdeductible.com to track all of my thrift store donations throughout the year and it adds up! We itemize every year. 

My WTF is my work. Again. My boss is creating so much drama about me leaving. Like having people lie to their supervisor so that she doesn't tell me things (she is a good friend of mine). What kind of office culture is that? So glad I'm leaving.
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @MJDsquared Do you have your insurance through an employer? If so, then you may need to wait until open enrollment to drop your insurance but your husband should be able to add you at any time. For example, my husbands open enrollment is a few months after mine. So if he drops his insurance at his open enrollment my employer will still let me add him, even though my open enrollmemt has already ended. 
  • @Avrilmai Seriously, I dread tax season every year.
    Oh my gosh, that employee sounds AWFUL! Can you fire her??? Sounds like she's a deserving candidate for that...

@Cricket648 Thank you!

@MrsMiller8588 I'm not sure about loan origination fees, but I emailed my realtor because our final settlement statement said "keep for tax purposes" and I wasn't sure what to enter from it. Anyway, there was an extra $2900ish worth of taxes on it so that brought our federal amount owed to $600 and then gave us a $75 return on state, which is still crap but so much better than before!
    I'm glad you're leaving that job too, it sounds horrible! Good riddance to them!

@JJMNO1616 Yeah, we both have insurance through work.If it's affordable at all to add me now, I think it might be worth it, even though we'd be paying for double insurance for me.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @MJDsquared That's at least a little better! I'm blown away by your taxes on your settlement! We didn't pay any taxes for our new house last year (we paid in Feb for the 2016 year), but I also sold a house so I had taxes from that. I *think* the only information I had to take from the final settlement statement was loan origination fees and prepaid interest. The other interest was sent in an end of year statement. It's all so confusing.. I seriously just go through the software and do what it tells me...
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • @MJDsquared Sorry about that. Taxes are always so frustrating - I make my husband do all of them. 
    So it sounds like your property taxes were taken out of your tax return, right?  If so, then that's good, at least you won't be surprised by it after you got money back. If not, then boo, that sucks. 
    Did you guys do an FHA first time home buyer loan?  We did that for our first house and had a really high PMI and insurance requirements for the first year, which may have effected our tax return. 
  • @BreezyBee We didn't do an FHA. I know there was a reason for not doing it... I think because we would've had to pay PMI forever, and we put up a small down payment, so not doing it we just have to pay PMI until we've paid off 20%. Or something like that.
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
  • @MJDsquared Gotcha. Well, in any case, taxes totally suck ass and I'm super sorry that you're stressing about it. That's never fun :(
    Hang in there!
  • Uggg, I am a customer service supervisor for the garbage company, I just had this new customer get all upset , because she started new service and asked for a email saying she started service I told her unfortunately we don't have a Congratulations you service is started as of..." type email but I can send a generic email . Apparently that makes me unprofessional and she didn't need a congratulations she just needed a letter . ooops so sorry for trying not to sound like a robot. Jeez