Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Wednesday 3.29

Month/Cycle:

CD / DPO:

Timing:

Testing:

Rant / Rave:

CS / Q:

GTKY: (Shamelessly stolen from yesterday's WTO Thread) Are you and SO planning or making any home improvements right now? What's next on the list? 

High School Teacher Reluctant Floridian * Steelers Fan 

Family info in Spoiler

Married 6/2013
DS 11/2017
MMC 10/2019 @ 12 weeks 
Planning to try for our rainbow 01/2020

Re: TWW Wednesday 3.29

• Just wanted to say GL to everyone! I'm back in WTO today. FX none of you follow! 
  • I've been waiting for this to be posted but wasn't quite brave enough to post my first discussion yet  ;) 

Month/Cycle: 
    2/2

CD / DPO: 29/12

Timing: poor

Testing: Another BFN today so just waiting for AF this weekend. 

Rant / Rave: So since I am not KU and this is my first month temping I am excited to the length of my LP! (I'm just trying to stay positive). I also won't have to worry about not drinking on my girls weekend! Also today is my last day of work before my long weekend. 

CS / Q:

GTKY: (Shamelessly stolen from yesterday's WTO Thread) Are you and SO planning or making any home improvements right now? What's next on the list? 

We have a looooong list. I think this is the current order.
    -Put a firpit in our "field" (the back, backyard)
    -Finish the laundry room
    -Insulate and drywall the garage
    -Finish the yard
    -Finish the basement
    -Landscape/Install Patio and Hot Tub

@CandyApple2012 I am glad you shamelessly stole this GTKY question! I was lurking yesterday and a little jealous. 
    Me: 31 DH: 34 :heart: Married: April 2016
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    MFI Diagnosis: Aug 2017
    BFP 11/1/17 // DS born 6/18
    TTC January 2019
    BFP 3/21/19 // D&C (MMC) 5/8/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD / DPO: 23/9

Timing: -2, -1, 0, +1

Testing: BFN this morning. I'm bummed, I was very hopeful since our timing was good. We've been here before, though, so I'm just going to focus on next month! 

Rant / Rave: Rave: we had my parents over for dinner last night (mom's bday) and it went great. Lots of wine, good food, and a fun time on an otherwise ordinary Tuesday. Made a whole chicken in my Instant Pot and it was delish!

CS / Q: --

GTKY: (Shamelessly stolen from yesterday's WTO Thread) Are you and SO planning or making any home improvements right now? What's next on the list? 
    Oh man, our house was built in 1880 so our list is LONG, ha. This summer we plan to focus on the smaller structures: our barn and detached garage. Both need to be cleaned out something fierce and the exteriors need to be painted. We're also (finally) going to fence in our yard for the dogs. DH also wants to redo a bathroom, and I'm dying to get a better closet system in our bedroom. I'd be surprised if we got to even one or two of those things. 

@JJMNO1616 @MrsMiller8588 I'm sorry it didn't happen this month. I'll see you over on WTO as soon as AF shows up. 
  • Good morning!

Month/Cycle: 7/8

CD / DPO: 18/8? 9?

Timing: pretty good for Oing super, ridiculously early

Testing: next Tuesday if I dont have a period by then

Rant / Rave: Yesterday afternoon my lower back started hurting so bad like I pulled the muscles. It is almost better today but still hurts, so I decided not to work out and am just sitting here with a heating pad. I am both happy because being lazy is a favorite past time of mine, and sad, because I really wanted to have a killer work-out.

CS / Q:

GTKY: Any home improvements?

We just cut down a bunch of trees in the periphery of our yard. We are also buying more furniture for the living room.

• elisekelisek member
    edited March 2017
    @kiwi2628 - ugh, hate when I get the workout bug and then get injured/pain. hope it feels better soon!
    @kmalls - sorry about the bfn :( it's pretty early still yeah? FX your not out yet. 
    @MrsMiller8588 - sorry about bfn, but I hope you have a great time indulging with friends!

Month/Cycle: 
    1/1

CD / DPO: 27/12

Timing: O

Testing: I was SS all the things yesterday, so I told myself I could test today if my temp rose. It dropped by .01, so boo. I guess I'm still going to try to wait for the weekend.

Rant / Rave: ETA* Rant: I have zero creativity this week and I need to brainstorm some conference themes for work but I'm getting no where. Rave: We are finally getting the hang of meal prepping and I love not having to get lunch together each morning.

CS / Q: I'm getting hollow circles for my temp today and yesterday which google tells me means FF thinks my temp timing was bad (I get it FF, I'm a terrible sleeper!). Anyone know what kind of deviation is within acceptable for them? I wish I could set an alarm and do it that way, but within 3 days I'd be waking up 20 minutes before the alarm.

We rent, so there isn't much to do. We have been married for 2.5 years and still don't have even close to matching bedroom furniture (four pieces in 3 radically different styles). So my plan is to clean up, touch up, and sell my matching nightstand/dresser/desk then make the 2 hour trip to IKEA for the first time and buy some TARVA series wood dressers and nightstands. We spent the first 21 months of our marriage aggressively paying off student loans, so any non-need spending feels frivolous even when totally reasonable.

Me: 28 | H: 29
    Married: October 2014
    TTC #1 March 2017
    Dx: PCOS - March 2018
    IUI #1: April 2018 BFN
    IUI #2: May 2018
  • JJMNO1616 ugh! sorry for day 1!
    MrsMiller8588  sorry for BFN! Love your list of upgrades (esp the hot tub!)
    kmalls   Youre only 9 dpo! Not out of the game yet!
    kiwi2628  Hope your back feels better soon! I hate being sidelined from the gym too!

CD / DPO: 27/9 - 2DP5DT

Timing: Fet 2/27/17

Testing: testing out trigger and until beta

Rant / Rave: rave... just glad I don't have any monitoring or anything until beta. Rant (tmi) These progesterone suppositories are so gross. They leak. and With these cramps, it feel like AF... so gross :(

CS / Q: My temp dropped today :( I thought it would be more stable on these meds :/

GTKY: (Shamelessly stolen from yesterday's WTO Thread) Are you and SO planning or making any home improvements right now? What's next on the list?    SO many plans, but everything is on hold until we repair all the electrical damages from the fire 2 weeks ago :(   
  • Heeey..

Month/Cycle: 7

CD / DPO: 19/0 (I'm counting today as O day)

Timing: -1, -3, -5

Testing: Ugh...I don't know.  Ideally, I'd like to hold out until 12 DPO.  During prime testing time, we're going to be at my inlaws house and I really would rather not test there.  If we get pregnant again, H doesn't want to tell his family until we're out of the first tri, so that will be hard to do if we get a positive test there.....Also H's birthday falls on 12 DPO, so I have mixed feelings about testing on that day.  Talk about setting us up for a potential disappointment.  

Rant / Rave: Rant: We have tickets to a baseball game this weekend and I'm sad that there is rain in the forecast.  I'm hoping it doesn't get rained out!! Rave: I've got happy hour tonight that I'm looking forward to.  

CS / Q:

GTKY: (Shamelessly stolen from yesterday's WTO Thread) Are you and SO planning or making any home improvements right now? What's next on the list? The next thing on our list is windows.  We've got the money saved away, it's just such a process with our HOA that we keep putting off.  

@MrsMiller8588 - Sorry for the bfn. Way to find the positive side of it!
    @kmalls - Sorry fo the bfn. 

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Month/Cycle: 4/2 

CD / DPO: 26/9

Timing: -4, -2, -1, 0

Testing: Man I am so tempted to test tomorrow morning before I leave for our field trip... but If my willpower holds, I'll wait for missed AF due for Sunday. 

Rant / Rave: Rave: Yesterday after my super long DD post about my temp drop I spent the late afternoon at the dog park with my younger pup and then DH made a delicious dinner and y'all made me feel a lot better. It wasn't a great day, but ended on a much higher note. And today? Temp is the same as yesterday and still well above the coverline, so it's broken the pattern of last month and I'm feeling a little more hopeful. No rants today -- yesterday's was long enough for the whole week, lol. 

CS / Q: Feel free to take a look if you have some free time - as far as I know it's looking fairly neutral at the moment. Should I be bummed for no implantation dip? It does seem like a lot of pregnancy charts include an implantation dip on FF. 

We don't own a house yet but I LOVE looking... just not in our current South Florida market (so much concrete and crab grass and so much $$$ for so little house, ugh). Luckily as renters our landlord has given us free reign to make minor changes - we just painted our living room and kitchen and I love it! Next up is planting some hardy plants that can stand up to the sun and trying to encourage our spotty grass to grow better. 

@JJMNO1616  Now you're off to your first real cycle trying, yes? Exciting! 
    @MrsMiller8588 Yay for a good LP and for a nice long weekend with friends! Enjoy all the beverages :) 
    @kmalls DPO 9 is still so early! You are not necessarily out yet, lady. I bet your house has tons of character! You've got to be brave to take on a historical house, but I just love old houses. Potentially silly question: do you have lots of animals in your barn? 
    @kiwi2628 Ugh I'm so sorry about your back. My (super unsolicited) advice is to use ice and advil as opposed to a heating pad if you know its a muscular problem. Its far less comfy initially, but as someone who had their fair share of sports injuries growing up, ice and Advil will have you back to normal more quickly than heat. Either way, hope it's a quick recovery for you! 
    @elisek-2 meal prepping is so worth the hassle on the weekend -- life is so much simpler! H and I have been together for 9 years and we had mismatched furniture until a few years ago. Good for you guys in paying down your student loan debt -- I have none but DH has SO much that there won't be a light at the end of the tunnel like, ever. 
    @dragonette505 Ugh the progesterone sounds like no fun at all. Hoping you see a temp rise tomorrow morning -- try not to be like me and hate the world because of one temp dip! ;) 

Family info in Spoiler

Married 6/2013
    DS 11/2017
    MMC 10/2019 @ 12 weeks 

• @dragonette505 @elisek-2 my cycles are short, typically 24-25 days, and 9dpo has been my magic number in the past. I won't say it's *impossible* to get a BFP after today, but I'm not counting on it. I really appreciate your positive vibes, though! 
  • @CandyApple2012 shamefully we have zero barn animals! It used to house chickens and goats, which we would love to have, but I am NOT up for taking care of that many beings right now. It also has an outhouse -- the original wooden toilet is still in there  :#
  • elisekelisek member
    edited March 2017
    @CandyApple2012 - This FF article seems to say that 77% of pregnancy charts did not have implantation dip, so I'd say your chart is not off-track. Great timing too!

ETA: Does anyone know why my username would have randomly changed from elisek to elisek-2?

TTC #1 March 2017
  • CD / DPO: 16/7

Timing: not great

Testing: only if AF is "late"

Rant / Rave: I've been having some pretty good days lately. I'm doing my best to maintain a positive outlook. Basically just acknowledging that yes, some days suck, but then there are days that are much, much better and I get to choose how I feel. So, for today I'm choosing to be in a good place.  (and I had caramel flavored coffee with mocha creamer, so that was delicious!)

CS / Q:

painting our bathroom. we've had paint sample stripes on the walls for months now. We're kind of stuck; we want new hardware, but haven't picked it yet and don't want to paint until we get the hardware, but I'm also not really loving any of the colors. so, we will probably have multicolored walls for a while

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Month/Cycle: 27/16

CD / DPO: 26/5

Timing: -5,-2, O

Testing: RE appt 4/6

Rant / Rave: I was so pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call last night saying that my RE consult has a copay under my new insurance! We had gotten mixed information regarding how true this was up until now and our benefits booklet is not very detailed. Even if procedures aren't covered, that's a few hundred bucks back in our pocket each month. Maintenance should be coming by today (hopefully) to work on our dryer so I'll be working from Starbucks today, which means my Bump time will be minimal so I'm sorry to P&G. 

CS / Q:

GTKY: (Shamelessly stolen from yesterday's WTO Thread) Are you and SO planning or making any home improvements right now? What's next on the list? We are buying a home in a couple of months (working with a realtor & lender now). We have set aside a small reno budget so that we don't have to hopefully finance those things. I guess what we do will depend on the home. I know I want a kitchen we can live with for a bit because appliances aside, that's one project we cannot afford to take on right now. I think that floors and paint will be my top priority just because it seems like it will be so much easier to do those things before we move in rather than once the place is furnished. 

@JJMNO1616 Oh no! Sorry to see you go. GL this time around. 

@MrsMiller8588 Have so much fun on your trip! Sorry for the BFN but I'm glad you have some silver lining. 

@kmalls I love old homes! A bit jealous that you live in one as there really aren't many around where I live (I think the oldest I've seen are from the 1950s which is nothing). And I hear you on the closet space- it can be so inconvenient to not have enough storage!

@kiwi2628 Sorry about your back and your workout. I hope you feel better soon. 

@elisek-2 I think if you enter that you were sleep deprived into specifics, it will automatically generate an open circle. Otherwise, I want to say the threshold is within 30 minutes of your normal temp time but I'm not sure. Most of mine are taken between 7:30-7:50 this cycle, but today I woke up 20 minute prior to my alarm and entered a time of 7:10. I was expecting an open circle but didn't get one so maybe I'm wrong. Regarding your username, try PMing the bump admin. They've helped a few other users who have experienced the same glitch recently. 

@dragonette505 Sorry you're not caring for the progesterone. I've only ever taken them once and was very sick from them- they really are a drag. I don't know too much about your temps with meds but most doctors I've spoken to have advised not to rely on medicated temps as they can be pretty erratic. So I wouldn't read too much into or worry about the drop right now. I hope your cramps go away!

@Tennis11785 Happy hour and a baseball game sounds like my kind of week! I hope you don't get rained out. 

@CandyApple2012 I didn't realize you were a fellow South Floridian. The market here is indeed rough. It's taken us years to be in the position to buy something that isn't a dump. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better from yesterday. 

• Month/Cycle: 12/11

CD / DPO: 40/2-4

Timing: good

Testing: undecided

Rant / Rave: Rave: Making a ton of lasagna later to freeze for my sister's visit while I'm Rant: having a gluten-free week. It will be somewhat tortuous, I'm sure. 

CS / Q

GTKY: (Shamelessly stolen from yesterday's WTO Thread) Are you and SO planning or making any home improvements right now? What's next on the list? We are behind on this one, so our next home improvement is saving up enough money to buy an actual house. Been mentally done renting for years, but things are pricey around here.

@JJMNO1616 Sorry for CD 1 :(

@MrsMiller8588 Sorry for the BFN, but congrats on the LP!

@kmalls sorry for your BFN--still a bit early though. You never know...

@dragonette505 Ew! Ugh those sound uncomfortable. 

@Tennis11785 Yeah, I feel you: I'd never test while visiting someone else's place, especially not inlaws.

@CandyApple2012 Glad you're feeling better!

• @magnolia131 Awesome news about the insurance!
  • so i started typing and then got called to cover for someone who just didn't show up for work because she "thought it was Thursday." Anyway, I didn't see every else's posts until now..

@MrsMiller8588 & @kmalls sorry about the BFN
    @JJMNO1616 is this your last TTA cycle?
    @kmalls  I know you were worried about the chicken skin in the intapot, how was that?
    @kiwi2628  sorry your back is hurting, but probably a wise choice to not workout
    @elisek-2 I think FF has a 30 window for temps, so if you normally temp at 7 then anywhere from 6:30-7:30, I know I've done 20 minutes earlier and have gotten a solid circle
    @dragonette505 sorry about the temp drop, but still have FX for you
    @Tennis11785 that's so tough on the when to test. Have a great time a Happy hour
    @CandyApple2012 glad your day ended on a high note, as others have said it seems that a lot of BFP charts don't have an implantation dip. You can actually search FF for charts with specific key words and I read some data on there one time about the % of charts with a dip, overall, if my memory serves me, there was not a high % of charts with a dip. (looks like @elisek-2 linked that article)

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @kmalls Tell me about the whole chicken in the instapot! I have done a whole chicken in the crockpot but would love to know how it turned out and how you seasoned it!

@kiwi2628 Sorry about the strained back! Take it easy today and enjoy being lazy. 

@elisek-2 Great job on the willpower to hold out on testing! I have no student loan but my DH does and it's so annoying. We should probably be more aggressive about paying it down...

@dragonette505 I'm sorry your progesterone suppositories sound awful  :/ Hopefully it will be worth it :) I forgot about your fire! How is the cleanup going? Are you back to normal living arrangements? (Sorry if you mentioned this already). 

@Tennis11785 Happy hour tonight and baseball game this weekend sounds awesome! FX for nice weather for the game! Sometimes HOA sucks. They should be glad you are putting upkeep into the house and not make it annoying to do any improvements. 

@CandyApple2012 Dog park sounds like a great afternoon! My DH also made dinner last night so I had time to go to the gym after work!
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • well then YAAAAY @JJMNO1616 for the end of this cycle and good luck as you get your BD on!!!!!!

TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • @elisek-2 & @avrilmai Thanks for posting that article - I do like the reassurance. I've noticed a lot of dips on the charts I've been obsessively stalking, so 77% surprises me. Goodness, I love FF for its abundance of data. No idea why the bump is glitching on people's usernames, but I've noticed it with a few other TTGPers as well. 

@magnolia131 Great news on the insurance front! I was under the impression that most IF treatments were strictly out of pocket, so I'm happy to hear this. I'm a SoFla transplant (5 years now) and I really miss my home market from Western PA - gorgeous old houses with tons of character, 3/2 dreams with nice backyards for under $190,000. Go you for having the patience to save for a house down here -- H and I would need to save for a decade or more and I just don't have that patience so we're renters until we relocate again. Aside from the beach and my great job, Florida just isn't my favorite. My mother on the other hand, thinks I'm crazy to want to be anywhere else. 

@MrsMiller8588 Good hubbies! :) 

Family info in Spoiler

Married 6/2013
    DS 11/2017
    MMC 10/2019 @ 12 weeks 

• Month/Cycle: NTNP this month. April will be the official "month 1"

CD / DPO: 23/8

Timing: -3, +1

Testing: Sigh. Not sure if I will. I'm out of town and purposely didn't bring the thermometer or any tests, so I have no idea what's going on. Maybe when I get home I'll test. I'm sure my temps will be screwy anyway with the jet lag I'll have. 

Rant / Rave: Not working out + eating all the things = I feel gross. 

CS / Q: No, just waiting. 

GTKY: (Shamelessly stolen from yesterday's WTO Thread) Are you and SO planning or making any home improvements right now? What's next on the list? The story of our lives has been home improvement for the past six months! The deck may be getting ripped up in a few weeks. There's a legit hole in it. Not looking forward to finding out just how bad the situation is. 

@MrsMiller8588
    GL on your chart this month! I'm a nerd, but I think it's exciting to find out more about your body. 

@kmalls Instant pot!!! I want to try one! 

@elisek-2 You did the smart thing by paying off all the student debt. We bought a house instead. #studentloansforlife

@dragonette505 I'm sorry you're dealing with all that yuck. 

@Tennis11785 GL for game weather! HBD to the hubs!

@CandyApple2012 I LOVE looking at houses too. It's a time suck though, that's for sure!

@kiwi2628 Hoping your temps stay high and that Tuesday will be a good day!
  • Month/Cycle:  1/1

CD / DPO: 22/8

Timing: pretty good , -6, -4, 0

Testing: trying really hard to wait for a late AF

Rant / Rave: nothing really , other then clients today are already driving me nuts, is it 5 yet?

CS / Q:

GTKY: (Shamelessly stolen from yesterday's WTO Thread) Are you and SO planning or making any home improvements right now? What's next on the list?   we are renting so we really cant do much, I have been obsessed with looking at homes lately , we are planning on buying a house next year, fingers crossed

@kmalls sorry about the bfn

@kiwi2628 hurt backs are the worst I agree with Ice before heat to try to get it to feel better

• Welp...I'm headed to WTO too. Wishing all of you ladies the best!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    **TW in Spoiler**
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/683816

BFP 6/30/16, MC 8/21/16
    BFP 05/04/17, 5/10/17 Emergency LAP due to ectopic. Right tube removed.

BFP 07/12/17, ECDD 03/25/18  -  Silver Orion Born 3/23/18
    BFP 09/30/19, EDD 06/11/20

• @dragonette505 my temps are always a bit up and down even on progesterone. I am so there with you and the gross progesterone suppositories!! The type I had with my old RE caused a lot of discharge but it was manageable... the type from my current RE are a HOT MESS! they are oil based so I get this big gush of fluid... I try to lie down but it still happens and even panty liners don't contain it! I have 3 stains on my couch from those stupid things! GL and I hope its all worth it!!!
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @Mrsmiller8588 Yay for the positive outlook and a long enough LP!
    @Kmalls Sorry, for the BFN, but 9DPO is way early still!
    @kiwi2628 Hope your back is feeling better!
    @elisek-2 Good for you for having the will power to wait to test!  I love meal prepping too.  Any good lunch ideas you care to share?
    @dragonette505 I don't have any experience with progesterone suppositories, but they don't sound fun.  Sorry, you're dealing with that, but FX it's worth it in the end!
    @Tennis11785 I always have a hard time deciding if I should test on a day that means something too.  Enjoy your happy hour!
    @CandyApple2012 Glad you're feeling better and that your temp. is still up!
    @avrilmai Yay for your positive outlook!  That's something I really struggle with when having a hard day TTC.
    @magnolia131 That's great news about your insurance!  I've just started some preliminary testing and I'm too scared to even look at my insurance coverage if we do have to go an RE.  I figure I'm going to do the testing stuff regardless so I'm going to try and not stress about it for now.
    @vflux33 Ugh making food you can't eat is the worst!
    @soldiersmom You're timing is great still!  Sorry, about the migraines though.
    @soralk Sorry about AF

Month/Cycle:
    7/6, 5/4 AL

CD / DPO: 32/9

Timing: -5, -3, -1, +1

Testing: April 1st

Rant / Rave: My babysitter (aka Grandma) is on vacation so I had to take the day off from work to watch DS.  It's beautiful out and we're having a great day!  I got the oil changed in my car, we went to the park, then went to my office for a free lunch, and now we're home relaxing

CS / Q: My temp dropped a little this morning.  I'm debating not temping in the TW wait because it drives me crazy, but not having all the data might make me even crazier!

We want to move in the next couple of years so there's a bunch of things that need to be fixed before we can do that.  First on the list would be replacing the deck around our house that is falling apart.
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 31/8

Timing: Good (-4, -3, -2, -1, O)

Testing: 10 DPO (my last few luteal phases have been real short, so if I make to 10 days I’ll be thrilled)

R/R: Rave: Such a nice morning: breakfast out with my two boys and a really productive shoe shopping trip.  Everyone behaved and listened, and it was just one of those I’m doing this right kinda days. Rant: Littlest one is still rocking the high temp, poor bub.

CS/Q: More spotting, still no temp drop. Chart under the spoiler if you want to stalk.  

GTKY: Nothing major planned, if I can convince my husband to sell we need to do a few cosmetic stuff to the house: paint touch ups, reattaching the towel bar in our bathroom (my oldest tried to Tarzan swing on it, it worked really well), etc.  But if we don’t sell I want to replace the counters in our kitchen and get a farm sink.  But I’m looking at my (hopefully) new house tomorrow, so fingers crossed!

@MrsMiller8588 and @kmalls sorry about your BFNs

@kiwi2628 hope your back feels better soon!

@elisek-2 We still have more ikea furniture than I’d like too lol

@dragonette505 those progesterone suppositories are no fun, for sure

@Tennis11785 your HOA gets involved with even replacing windows? I’ve never been in one before, I didn’t realize they were so involved!

@CandyApple2012 glad your temp has stabilized and you’re feeling a bit better today

@SoraLK sorry about CD1

@TigerCakes sounds like you had a nice morning with DS!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @KatieEl - yeah, the HOA is ridiculous. They have very specific qualifications about everything when it comes to the window, include requiring a customer color on the outside of the window to match the original color scheme.  To ensure that you're meeting their 1 zillion requirements you need to get a sample window from the company so they can review it and ensure it fits in their guidelines. It's not uncommon for it to take 2 months once you've given them the sample window, but I've seen it take longer.  
    @TigerCakes - sounds like a nice afternoon
    @soldiersmom - sorry you're feeling down
    elisek-2 - I've seen a few people have that problem. I think you need to message a bump admin - is that right @starla!

TTC Since 11/2015
  • @Tennis11785 that is bananas, and i can totally see why you'd drag your feet getting that process started!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @Avrilmai @MrsMiller8588 so the Instant Pot chicken was amazing! The non-crispy skin wasn't a big deal, I just put some coconut oil in there first and browned the skin for 6 minutes, then closed the lid and pressure-cooked it for 25 mins. Done! So easy! I seasoned the chicken with a mixture of salt, pepper, paprika and thyme, then I added a cup of chicken broth, some lemon juice and garlic cloves to the Instant Pot. It was sooooo good. 
  • elisekelisek member
    edited March 2017
    @KatieEl - actually, we're hoping to move UP to IKEA furniture lol. Hope your little guy feels better today!
    @TigerCakes - my will power is highly dependent on the fact that I don't have any tests and I'm super cheap haha! I feel you on not wanting to temp durring TWW but not wanting to lose the data. My TWW temps are driving me BSC.
    @SoraLk - sorry for AF!! hope you get a chance to pamper yourself while she's here.
    @SoldiersMom - ugh migraines are the worst. I actually get mine from poor neck posture and I notice them coming on when i've been in front of the computer too long. If you can't locate a hormonal cause, maybe that's something to look into.
    @MrsMiller8588 - I mentioned ^, but yeah, the willpower is overstated, I'm really just cheap and don't have any tests! All DH's loans were 6.8% interest, so we made it a priority, but it doesn't make sense for everyone. But if you ever want tips, I blogged the whole payoff.
    @Avrilmai, @magnolia131 - Yeah, looks like it was 5:25 this morning and 5:40 yesterday, but I usually temp closer to 6:30. My husband has been getting up at 6 to shower/shave and we only have one bathroom, so my body now wakes me up before 6 to go to the bathroom before he gets in :(
    @magnolia131 - awesome news about the insurance!

TTC #1 March 2017
  • @elisek-2 I would definitely be interested in your tips! We are planning to do a debt snowball, but haven't really started yet and always seem to find something to spend our "extra" money on! 
    TTC December 2016
    BFP 2/28/17 // CP 3/1/17
    TTC January 2019
  • @magnolia131 any luck with the dryer? also, that's great news about the insurance. it must be a relief to know that at least some money is back in your pocket!
    @vflux33 you must have great will power to resist eating it
    @SoldiersMom welcome to TWW, I hope it's your last time here. -4 totally counts! sorry to hear about the migraines
    @KatieEl GL with the house tomorrow

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @MrsMiller8588 Awesome job finding the positives! I love your attitude!
    @kmalls Fx its just too early!
    @kiwi2628 I feel you on the lazy vs workout balance haha both feel so good!
    @dragonette505 that does sound gross! The things we put ourselves through for babies...
    @Tennis11785 I totally am right there with you on the 'when to test' debate... My ILs are coming to visit when I SHOULD have AF, but if I dont? then what... I dont want to test when they're here but DH is not, because he won't get home from work until 4 days after they arrive! I mean... The likely outcome is that AF will arrive and I won't have to worry about any of it! lol
    @CandyApple2012 I'm glad you broke your charting pattern so you can let that go from your mind, Fx for you!
    @Avrilmai I'm loving your outlook today! The whole 'be positive' thing is so patronizing because sometimes we just need to have bad days, and that's okay! I'm glad you're choosing to make today a good day though!
    @magnolia131 Sounds like everything is looking up for you today! That's awesome!
    @vflux33 why are you having a gluten free week?
    @SoldiersMom I'm pretty sure up to -5 counts, so you're good! That does not sound fun about the migraines though, I'd definitely go see your doctor and get it figured out. 
    @SoraLk sorry about CD1!
    @TigerCakes I'm totally right there with you on the temping making me crazy. Every day I take it and then completely over analyze it... Ugh!
    @KatieEl breakfast out is the best <3

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD / DPO:24/6

Timing: -2, -1, O, +1

Testing: Hoping I can hold out for AF's due date, 4/5

Rant / Rave: Rant: I'm running a pre/postnatal fitness class and I just CAN'T get women to show up! Moms are so damn flakey! Rave: The women who DID show up today had a great time and a great workout! It's always so fun, I wish more ladies would come!

CS / Q: temp dropped even more today, though it's still over the coverline, making me nervous because my previous cycles were only 25-26 days, though I ovulated late this cycle (i think), so FF is telling I'm not supposed to get AF for at least another week. Feel free to give me your insights... zero AF symptoms today though.

Well when we moved in, in december, there was no door on our ensuite, and I didn't enjoy DH watching me pee while he was sitting in bed... so we put one up, but it hasnt been finished, it needs trim and to be painted, so there's that. But other than that we're pretty happy with the house overall! Maybe down the road redoing the kitchen or bathrooms, but thats not going to be for a LOOONG time.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @JJMNO1616 Sorry for the confusion...it slipped my mind that you're TTA. I hope this cycle flies by for you in that case!

@vflux33 GL with your gluten free week! 

@CandyApple2012 I've only ever lived in FL, aside from a year outside the DC area, so it's all I really know. Even still, so many things about the area (especially South Florida) are not particularly my style. Much to the confusion of my entire family, I also love cold weather which obviously doesn't happen here. It isn't perfect, but we recently had the opportunity to move out of state and realized that staying within a couple of hours of family was ultimately most important to us. I don't see us leaving any time soon. I don't think you are crazy at all for not liking it, though! 

@SoldiersMom I'm sorry to hear about your migraines. I hope you consider seeing a doctor, it really sounds like the pain is interfering with your day to day life. I hope you get some relief soon. 

@SoraLk Sorry for CD1.  :(

@TigerCakes I tried not temping in the TWW but the curiosity towards the end of my LP got to me. It's different for everyone, though. If you wanted to try it for a cycle to see if you do better or worse, there would really be no harm in it. Your day sounds lovely, btw. And reminded me that our cars need oil changes.

@Tennis11785 My DH is all about buying an HOA home and I'm on the fence. The process you described for new windows is adding to my already cold feet lol. What an ordeal.

@Avrilmai Thanks for asking about the dryer- maintenance finally called around 2pm today to say they'd be here to look at it tomorrow morning...so still without one at the moment. And regarding your GTKY, I am so picky with paint colors so I feel your struggle.
  • Sorry I'm a little late to the game today ladies, busy day at work with no laptop. 

Month/Cycle: 5/4 

CD / DPO: 29/9

Timing: -3, -2, -1(2x) 

Testing: not until AF is late 

Rant: I'm disappointed with myself for even temping this morning... I was at my mom's last night for dinner and had several glasses of wine. While I downed several glasses of water before bed and slept great (obviously, ha!), I still had a huge temp spike and I know it's fake. So I wish I just wouldn't have... 

Rave: Babysitter is closed tomorrow and Friday so I get to stay home with DS and I'm so excited!

CS / Q: nada 

We are actually having lumber delivered tomorrow for replacing our old deck and making it double in size! I'm super stoked because I know we will definitely utilize our deck more with the upgrades we are planning. We have a pool that the deck will overlook and it will be so nice to sit out there if you don't want in the water.
  • @SoldiersMom It is very tempting! Part of what keeps me going is knowing how silly it might look to serve it with a piece taken out! Ugh migraines are terrible--sorry you have to deal with that!

@SoraLk Sorry for the CD1 :(

@elisek-2 Ah, Ikea, the grand relationship-tester. Good luck and I hope you don't get lost!

@kvacmak I gained some weight in 2016 I'm trying to get rid of. Technically in "healthy" BMI range but I liked the way I looked better before. Started off with Atkins and now I'm done counting carbs but I'm trying to steer clear of gluten and sugar until my sister gets here when I know I'm going very heavy on carbs eating out all week. Been cooking a lot with coconut flour to get my bread and tortilla fix so it isn't as bad/restrictive as it sounds. But when I have a mound of delicious gluten-y gluten in front of me it hurts to not eat it. 

@hoosiermama That sucks about the temping. I never go over 2 and a half drinks these days but I noticed that when I do drink it doesn't make my temp spike at all--whereas if I sleep in 10 or 15 minutes it's totally out of whack. GL with your deck!

• @magnolia131 - It's frustrating at times, but it's also really nice at times (having the HOA).  Because my HOA is crazy in a way that is annoying when it comes to my windows, it's also nice that they are crazy about other things like getting people to make repairs in a timely fashion (so none of the houses look like they are in bad condition), our grass is perfectly maintained (by them), they handle snow removal (we have, and I'm not exaggerating, like 4 feet we're "responsible" for shoveling).  Where we live, the HOA even owns the streets and everything that comes with that (sidewalks, lights, fire hydrants), so all of that is regularly maintained and kept in really good condition.  They have cracks and stuff in the road and the sidewalks fixed so fast, we've never even HAD a pothole.  

TTC Since 11/2015
  • @elisek-2 totally not knocking ikea furniture! Just that our ikea furniture is all 10+ years old and a mish mash of stuff from when we were single and in grad school.  Mismatched and many battle scars from moves!

@Avrilmai thank you!  It’s literally next door to my bff (which is obviously a huge selling point).

@kvacmak sorry you’re having such a hard time getting mom’s to show up.  I would totally be there, your class sounds awesome, and I know you get how important safe/effective exercise is for mamas!
    Baby #4 on the way!