Blended Families

Intro!

Hi all! It's been a long time since I've been a regular on TB (DS was born in 2013 so not long after that) and here I am, re-married with four total kiddos ("my" 2 and "his" 2) and quite literally JUST found out that we are expecting in November. 

Our blended fam situation is sticky for a couple of reasons - his ex is a pretty nasty person that essentially has exposed their girls to some pretty horrific situations while they've been with her. SO is currently waiting for a hearing to be scheduled to restrict visitation to our county (in Indiana and she lives in WA). He has full custody but she is still currently allowed 7 weeks with them in the summer.

SO is also active duty in the army. I live a state away with all four of our kids (my two switch off between me and their dad every other week) so that we could put down roots here and the kids could have consistency while he waits to get out of the army, in August 2018. Sigh.

anyway, we have been through a lot logistically, emotionally, and legally. I'm excited to jump in here to give and get some support!

Mommy to four +1, EDD November 9th!

Come visit my new blog @ sixpickhappy.wordpress.com!

Re: Intro!

• Welcome! It isn't very busy in here but you always get answers when you ask questions :-) I hope the hearing goes well! My ex was military and the time apart always sucked but it sounds like you're doing awesome!
  • Hello and welcome!  FX everything goes well with your H's hearing!
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Loading the player...
  • Welcome! You are one tough cookie! Have you guys had a hearing yet?