August 2017 Moms

Weekly Appointments 3/20

Any appointments this week? Anything to report?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weekly Appointments 3/20

• LefinLefin member
    The anatomy scan is today!  Everybody is excited about finding out the sex (I am, too), but I'm more nervous about the actually anatomy.  I hope everything is going well.  Oh man, just gotta breathe.
  • Had my A/S this morning at 8:00 am. We are Team Green and still are. Baby is measuring right on and all is looking good. I checked out well after getting my blood pressure taken three times (I'm always high to start). Had to lay on my left side for it to come down. 

Just a note. I got burning hot during my A/S and told the tech. She had me roll onto my left side and my body temp came down. If you get too hot, tell the tech and they should let you move to help blood flow. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @bumpybump Congrats on a great scan!! Good to know about getting too hot.. I have mine Friday, so I'll keep that in mind.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DoulaTog13DoulaTog13 member
    edited March 2017
    Had my anatomy scan this  morning.   We won't find out the sex until Saturday, however, we did find out that not only do I have an anterior placenta this time, but I also have a complete placenta previa.   I had a partial with my son and a low lying with my daughter. Both posterior.  They both moved up by my next ultrasound. I am fuh-reaking out over here about a CPP.   Any success stories of a complete anterior previa resolving itself.   I am devastated at the thought of A) ending my childbearing years with a c-section after 2 vaginal births.  and b) the risk of hemorrhaging at some point with no warning.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Wife. Mom. Doula. Photographer.
    BFP #1- 12/26/2011-  DS Born 9/7/12
    BFP#2- 10/16/2014- DD Born 7/2/15
    SURPRISE! BFP#3- 11/29/16-  EDD 8/6/17
    Formerly MrsAB1316

• @DoulaTog13 I have no experience with what you're going through but know you're in my thoughts. Also, having a csection is not a horrible thing. You may desire a different birthing experience but healthy mom and baby are what matters in the end. It actually pains me to see a csection listed as a negative thing when so many of us (me included) have no choice otherwise. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• bumpybump said:
    @DoulaTog13 I have no experience with what you're going through but know you're in my thoughts. Also, having a csection is not a horrible thing. You may desire a different birthing experience but healthy mom and baby are what matters in the end. It actually pains me to see a csection listed as a negative thing when so many of us (me included) have no choice otherwise. 
    While I agree that a healthy baby is the important thing, please understand that an anterior complete previa carries an increased risk of hemorrhage and emergency hysterectomy during the c-section.   And, it's also ok for a woman to be disappointed in not having the birth experience she hopes for and for her to acknowledge that disappoinment.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Wife. Mom. Doula. Photographer.
    BFP #1- 12/26/2011-  DS Born 9/7/12
    BFP#2- 10/16/2014- DD Born 7/2/15
    SURPRISE! BFP#3- 11/29/16-  EDD 8/6/17
    Formerly MrsAB1316

• FTM here who just had the 20-week ultrasound. Everything is normal! Baby is even in the 51st percentile for growth, so you can't get much more normal than that. 
    Though we had genetic testing that said it would be a girl, we saw "the goods" and baby is definitely a girl.

Turns out I also have an anterior placenta. I've been feeling light movement but had no idea I might've felt more if not for the placenta. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had my a/s yesterday. Didn't have to talk to the doctor which I was told was good (no news is good news). Also found out he was a boy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We had our 20 week scan today, baby was not cooperating so it was a long one.    The ultrasound tech eventually got everything she needed and everything was looked good!
  • A/S was this morning. We're having another boy. So thrilled that DS will have a brother.  Little stinker wouldn't let the ultrasound tech get a good picture of his spine so I go back in 2 weeks. I have a low lying placenta again this time,  but since I'm having another scheduled c section,  it's not a huge concern if it doesn't move. 
  • I had a check-up today. I'm down 20 lbs now from the start of this pregnancy (m/s), so my OB advised drinking a Boost or Ensure a couple times a day. 

Instead of the QUAD genetic testing, we did the Progenity test which will also (fingers crossed) tell us the sex. We should receive the results next week. 

@SpotConlon & @SouthernMama15 Congrats on baby boys!!! 
  • @secicc12 Sending positive thoughts to you and LO. FX everything is okay!
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Thank you guys.. I'll be back here to update after the Tuesday appointment!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @secicc12,

Sorry for the scan anxiety.  Positive thoughts for you next one.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @secicc12 - so sorry you have this worry! Lots of positive thoughts for Tuesday's scan for some clarity. 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• Had our anatomy scan this morning! Super healthy baby! According to my LMP I am 18w5d. At our dating u/s during 1st tri, baby measured two days ahead of that, and today baby measured 19w3d. Sticking with due date according to LMP of August 20th!

Both of my kids were there for the sono and loved it! So happy they're old enough (8 and 5) to experience all of this with us and ask questions and get excited! 

Doing a reveal with our family tonight so we had the sono tech put the sex in an envelope! 

Excited and thankful for a healthy baby!
  • I had a regular checkup this morning.  Heartbeat was 150 and the fundal height is measuring appropriately.  My AFP results came back normal.  I scheduled a bunch of future appointments and my doctor said we'd discuss scheduling my c-section after 24 weeks.  That's not for a little while, but things are starting to become real.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Had my a/s yesterday afternoon and only have blurry photos from it as the kid was doing flips and yawning and constantly moving. The tech said I have an anterior placenta, which explains why I haven't felt much yet! 
  • I've been absent for a little while. I ended up having early contractions and pressure and had to go to the hospital. My cervix had a significant change so they put me on bed rest for a week and after a follow up with my dr he wants me to take it easy. I had the same problem with my daughter, previous pregnant, so I'm hopeful that we can get it under control and can carry to at least 36 weeks. I now have appts every 7-10 days. Next appt is Thursday and looking forward yet anxious to see how things are going. Last Monday there was no inprovemt but it wasn't worse so I took it as a blessing. On a brighter note, I've been feeling her move more which is a wonderful reminder of how amazing being pregnant is. I hope everyone is doing well. 
  • @AEHOLDEN I'm sorry it isn't going smoothly, but thankful your baby is healthy! Praying baby stays an inside baby for many many more weeks! 
  • @AEHOLDEN have they mentioned makena? I get that every week with ultrasounds every two weeks to monitor cervix. Makena helps prevent preterm labor. 
  • Keeping you guys in my thoughts @AEHOLDEN and @secicc12   Both some worrisome circumstances. Keep us updated  <3

Together: January 2002
    Married: May 2008
    Baby: August 2017

Clearly we like to rush along at lightning speed...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Had my A/S today. Mostly good, plus found out we are having another girl, so thats cool. Abdominal measurement was very large though, and they couldnt get the spinal measurements. So i have to go back in 3 weeks. Ive read that while hopefully everthing is normal, it may be an indicator that i have GD. I hope not! Fingers crossed for a normal result in three weeks!
  • @secicc12 Great news! Congrats!
  • @secicc12 so glad it went well! 
  • @secicc12 Such a relief!!! 
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• @secicc12
    Phew!!  So glad that everything is ok...you must feel like a huge weight was lifted off your shoulders!  Now sit back and relax. :)

@AEHOLDEN
    Sending prayers that you can keep your sweet little one cooking in there for awhile longer.  <3 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @secicc12 so glad everything went well!
    BabyFruit Ticker