Trying to Get Pregnant

Weekly Randoms - Week of 3/27

Re: Weekly Randoms - Week of 3/27

• @JJMNO1616 still no observation. If she does tenure me (which I doubt is going to happen) it carries to my new placement. If she doesn't tenure me, chances are I can apply next year. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• @jsnakehole - I hope you are able to find a great school that has a more supportive administration. (And fewer jerk-face janitors!)
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • Loading the player...
  • @shortstack930 FYI if you contact fitbit and tell them it broke, they'll give you a discount off a new one! My charge HR busted last week, and I just got my Blaze yesterday and i'm in LOOOOOVVE!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Uh, guys, I have a random that I need opinions on.

Yesterday, DH and I were at the grocery store. A girl grabbed my attention to tell me she liked my shoes and asked where I got them. We ended up talking to her and her husband for a bit. Odd, but okay. In the next aisle, she chased me down and told me she didn't want to be presumptuous, but her friend was starting a company and needed "good people" and she was wondering if we were interested in extra income. Weirder, but I'm into professional development, so I played along. Gave her my name and number.

Well she just called me. Said that her friend wanted her and I to sit down and talk about the company more, but he wouldn't be there (huh?). Oh, and her husband will be there "because they do everything together"(?) and she wanted me to bring DH if he was around.

I'm so confused and weirded out, but I said alright anyway (for some reason). I told DH he has to go with me. She seems really nice and friendly, but this is weird right?!
  • jenotontxjenotontx member
    edited March 2017
    @LoveInDC Did she mention anything to you at all about what the company actually is? It seems very "pyramid schemey" to me.
  • @elisek - I broke my reply box...
    1. Thank you for this valuable information because I'm not a fan of pre-seed.

2. Thank you for the laugh.... "magic KU wand."
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @JJMNO1616 @kvacmak They didn't mention the company name, what the company was about, or even ask what we did before wanting to bring us on board. So that definitely adds to the sketch. But when I mentioned what I did, she seemed to think they'd have a use for that skill. Totally walking in blind, but I have DH and we're meeting at a restaurant, so that worst that happens is we turn them down and peace out.

@kvacmak For me, a contributing member means that the majority of posters (at least a few regs) recognize your name and know something about you/notice when you're gone. Usually you have to hit month 2 of posting regularly on the dailies with a few posts on other threads. I personally get skeptical when I see someone doesn't have a level 3 comments badge.
  • kvacmak said:

I have my own unrelated question. 

In reference to the debacle on the grad thread today - what is everyone's definition of a 'contributing member'? For example... What if someone starts participating daily, in multiple threads, then just happens to get their BFP on cycle 1? I'm just trying to wrap my head around the etiquette here...
    This has been brought up a few times and there really isn't a stead fast line in the sand that qualifies someone as "contibuting". My impression is that it's more a combination of how much you contribute and how long you have been trying. I have been contributing regularly since November but I have been TTA the entire time. So if I am a SS and get a 1/1 or 2/2, even though I consider myself a contributing member, I wouldn't feel comfortable posting in the grad thread. That's just me though and what I have picked up on in terms of other's feelings. 
  • @LoveInDC I don't know, I tend to be overly cautious but something sounds a teeny bit fishy to me. But trust your gut, and it's good that YH is going with you.

@JJMNO1616 I've been debating that as well, since I've been benched all but the first cycle I was here. I guess whether or not I post will depend on when it finally happens for me. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC #1: 12/2016
    Benched due to deployment- Off the bench 8/8/17!

• @LoveInDC It's definitely a pyramid sales thing. They NEVER tell you what the "business" is until they have your full attention so they can try their hardest to suck you in. Don't fall for the lines! Enjoy your dinner though. :)
  • @LoveInDC My vote is that they're swingers! Either way, they sound super sketch. I can't wait to hear the update on this!

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• @gameofsucculents YES!!!!! I totally thought PNV meant what I thought was "the obvious" for longer than I'm proud to admit...
  • @LoveInDC - I would not get wrapped up in all of that. It sounds like this "company" is like what my DH's brother got sucked into. They promise you all sorts of money and products, but it's totally a pyramid scheme that will ultimately leave you in debt. They would do anything to try to get anyone to sign up--including chase people down in a grocery store. They get very, very pushy and won't take no for an answer. Don't feel bad about ghosting if you need to. And block her number. lol
    Me: 35 DH: 28
    TTC since June 2016

Azoospermia diagnosis (zero count) Dec 2016

AZFc chromosome microdeletion discovery March 2017
    Unsuccessful TESE for DH in August 2017
    October 2017 IVF with donor sperm
    29R, 24M, 16F, 2d5, 4d6 (6 embryos total)
    Only 3 could have PGS. 2/3 normal. 5 embies frozen
    12/15/17 FET #1 (1 embryo)--CP
    2/7/17 FET #2 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Chronic endometritis diagnosis May 2018
    ERA Sept 2018--borderline receptive--12 more hours of progesterone
    Abnormal SIS Oct 2018
    Repeat hysteroscopy Nov 1. Treated recurring endometritis.
    12/4/18 FET #3 (2 embryos)--BFN
    Our journey has come to an end.
    ~*~*~Nevertheless, she persisted~*~*~
  • @LoveInDC I can't wait to hear what kind of scam they're running! 

As for the grad thread, like people said today, if your gut says no, trust it. There's no specific definition but part of the thing for me is if you've actually interacted with anyone or offered any sincere support or if you've just been 'active' blasting your own stuff out into the world. Has it been more like a conversation or just hanging out with a megaphone hollering about yourself? I'd probably skip a grad post and convert to lurking and love titting if I were a 1/1 or 2/2. It's just hard. There was that string of 3/3rs a while back and even that sucked. Bottom line though, if you know that people will read your post and ask themselves, "Who the heck is this?!" Don't post. Also unless you're beyond charting (RE, etc.) skip mentioning that you weren't charting or anything else that comes off as a 'hardly even trying, lol!' 

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @LoveInDC I cannot wait to hear what this is about. Like most I'm thinking it's a pyramid scheme, but I really hope it is one of the others that @kiwi2628 mentioned. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @LoveInDC I mean, I would do just about anything for a free dinner, so I get it :)
    Report back after!  Inquiring minds need to know!
  • @LoveInDC My vote is swingers, but MLM company is number two. I'd cancel or at the least demand to know what the company is before you waste your time talking about something you may have no interest in. They may back off when you demand details. Or give you sexy details ;)
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @loveIndc - it sounds super sketchy.  I probably wouldn't even meet up.  How strong of a business could it be if their HR plan is track down normal looking people in the grocery store?!?!

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • @LoveInDC Haha I was just about to post asking about an update after catching up :)

DH and I are going to the NHL game tonight (Vancouver v Anaheim) - we got tickets from my work, so it's in a swanky box with an amazing catered buffet! So excited!
  • @LeaveMyLoveBetweenTheStars Congratulations on chosing your donor! If I were you, I would start temping. That way you can figure out how long after you get a + OPK you typically O, and really figure out all of the rest of your signs. Things like how many days into EWCM you O and once you O, does your EWCM disappear nearly immediately or linger? The more info you can get now, the more you'll be prepared to time your ICI appropriately and it'll help you to deal with the TWW when you have a better history of just how long your LP is. Or, if something seems off with your LP, you can catch it sooner rather than later. Plus, it is possible to get a + OPK and not O so it would be good to catch it now if that were the case instead of figuring it out after you've already invested in a few rounds of sperm.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • edited March 2017
    @kvacmak - thanks for asking that question! I've been wondering the same. Thanks everyone for your answers too!  :D 

Edited because it tagged the whole comment and i still can't fix it... whatever!

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • @Tennis11785 I think that is the best way to explain who should post in the graduation thread .

@LoveInDC I was looking forward to hear what the crazy couple wanted , but it's probably for the best that you are not going , they probably would have been super pushy, then you run the risk of them following you home, hopefully she doesn't harass you when you let her know you are not going to meet them
  • @LoveInDC noooooooo. I'm glad you're avoiding that whole situation but I'm bummed we will never know what they wanted!

Me: 28 | DH: 33
    EDD: March 24, 2018 - angel baby at 21 weeks <3 

• Do you ladies recommend temping as well as OPKs?? Is temping too aggressive for initial tracking?   
    Congrats on finding a donor you both like! I would definitely recommend temping because it can really connect the dots. I get O pain, but wasn't ever sure how far before O it was happening. Now I know it's on the day of and I can plan accordingly. Like others said, getting your LP length and knowing when you turn an OPK is helpful. Also, IMO if you're not in a TTC/IUI month, temping is pretty low stress and a fun way to learn more about your body. 

Me: 28 | H: 29
    Married: October 2014
    TTC #1 March 2017
    Dx: PCOS - March 2018
    IUI #1: April 2018 BFN
    IUI #2: May 2018
  • @LoveInDC sorry I'm jumping into this conversation so late, but I did want to share my experience. I had the EXACT same thing happen to me. A lady complimented me on my handbag, we got talking, and she asked for my number. I thought she was being friendly so I gave it to her. She called me about a week later about a "business" opportunity. At the time, I was broke, naive, college student, so I decided to meet up with her and talk about it. It was basically an opportunity to sell products for a company. You earned money on the products you sold and built a "team" underneath you and earned commission on their sales as well. It wasn't exactly a pyramid scheme, because you were selling legit products, and so it was legal. Anyway, so glad you didn't go, because they really do everything they can to suck you in an convince you it is a good opportunity...