May 2017 Moms
Options

GTKY: What are you streaming?

Ladies, sleep has basically left us. This will only continue as the babies are born and we are up weird hours feeding them. 
I thought it would be great to have a giant list of what everyone is watching! I need some suggestions myself. (I hope we haven't done this already). 

Netflix:

Hulu:

Amazon Prime:

HBO: 

Other:

Re: GTKY: What are you streaming?

• Options
    Currently watching:

Netflix - finishing up Suits and The Office. Just started Making a Murderer and the new season of Grace and Frankie. Also happy they just added Forensic Files.

Amazon Prime - Grand Tour (It's the only reason we originally signed up for Prime. I'm not a car person at all, but LOVED Top Gear).

What I'm saving for mat leave: the current season of Grey's Anatomy, HTGAWM, Once Upon a Time, and Walking Dead. I also want to watch all of Bones and Scandal. 

What's on regular rotation: Buffy, Gilmore Girls, Vampire Diaries, Futurama, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, GoT, and Arrested Development. We also watch a lot of documentaries and TED Talks. 

@NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot is Supernatural still good? I bailed on that one after the season where the angels first showed up. I'm also trying to find The Originals - Netflix in Canada doesn't carry it for some reason.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't stream but I download and binge like no other!
    Currently watching: grey's anatomy, big brother Canada, survivor, blackish, American crime, parenthood (just started season 1)

Favorites to binge: Murphy brown, how I met your mother, Gilmore girls (just finished first time ever) Dexter, friends, army wives

i don't really have anything saved for mat leave specifically. I'll probably follow this thread but I know big brother US and masterchef Australia start while I'm on leave and those are definitely on my list!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    Well I'm apparently the latest victim of insomnia so I'll play. 
    Netflix: Favorites: Scandal, Greys, Lost, HIMYM, The Office, Making a Murderer, Bloodline, House of Cards, Friday Night Lights, Stranger Things,The Ranch. Maternity Leave To Watch: Call the midwife, Grace and Frankie, The Crown.  

Hulu: Last fall I watched all of the OC. Seinfeld. To watch: this seasons Scandal

Amazon Prime: Love: Sneaky Pete, Goliath. Mat leave list: The man in the high castle, Bosch, Z: The beginning of everything

HBO: Favorites: Game of thrones, True Blood, Silicon Valley, True Detective, The Newsroom, Band of Brothers. Mat leave list: The wire, ballers, re-watch GOT, Big Love

Other: Homeland, Dexter, Shameless on Showtime are amazing. 

We watch WAYYY too much TV in this house! 
  • Options
    Ooooo @shadeofgreen816 I loved big love! I think I need to rewatch that one!!! 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Options
    @ShadeofGreen816 I forgot about House of Cards! We're working on season 2 right now.  Call the Midwife and The Crown were both awesome as well. 
  • Options
    Netflix: I watch a TON of stand up specials and I also pick a show I "missed out on" and binge it from beginning to end. In the last few years I have done House of Cards, The West Wing, Gilmore Girls, Archer, Jane the Virgin, Mad men, 30 Rock, Master of None, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Parks and Rec (a second time), and probably a few others. 

Amazon Prime: Grand Tour. I mostly just use this for kid stuff like Daniel Tiger and Sesame Street

HBO: We DVR Last Week Tonight and GoT (new season will be times up with my maternity leave!) but I don't stream or anything.

Shows I am meaning to get to: Atlanta, The Americans, The Wire

Overall I swing between dramas with tons of detestable characters or comedies. I avoid sci fi and sit coms.

May '17 labor memes
  • Options
    I apologize ahead of time for the repeats.

Netflix: Gilmore Girls, Friends, How to Make a Murderer, Grey's Anatomy, Orange is the New Black

Hulu: Private Practice, Hulu also has the not most recent season of some reality shows (Real Housewives, Kardashians), Once Upon a Time, Scandal, How to get away with Murder, current season of Grey's, Unreal (so trashy but I love it)

Amazon Prime: I don't watch a lot on Amazon Prime, just movies

HBO: True Blood, Big Little Lies

I watch a lot of movies, as my husband doesn't like tv as much. 
  • Options
    @CherryBananas There's still heavy angel involvement. DH often comment about how we miss the original one big bad per episode. I still like it though. I love the Winchesters. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    @bacorrea Thanks for starting this! I thought about making a thread like this a few times, cause I definitely need new ideas now.

@NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot Your favorites are my favorites.

Netflix: Grey's, Jessica Jones (love!), Daredevil (worth it just to watch Charlie Cox's body during fight scenes), Stranger Things, Arrested Development (all time fav), Master of None, Making a Murderer

Amazon Prime: Man in the High Castle, Downton Abbey, Orphan Black, Sons of Anarchy, mostly movies

HBO: Big Little Lies (good!), True Blood, True Detective, Game of Thrones, Westworld (LOVE! seriously, watch this one)

Other favs, not sure where they're located: 30 Rock, Parks and Rec, Dexter, Buffy, Friends, West Wing, and many more I can't remember right now

On my current to-watch list: Orange is the New Black, Mad Men, The Office (never watched it completely through), and now lots of ideas from here
  • Options
    My current DVR is a bunch of guilty pleasures that I should probably be embarrassed to admit I watch: Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Vanderpump Rules, Teen Mom. I swear I have a brain! Haha I also watch Greys Anatomy, This is Us, and Top Chef in their current seasons. 

I need to finish Mad Men and I want to start House of Cards, How to Get Away with Murder, and maybe The Crown 

Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    The only thing I'm currently watching is Big Little Lies on HBO, I loved the book and I'm loving the series.

Some of the ones I hope to catch up on during maternity leave are - Gilmore Girls, Full House, This is Us, Homeland, and The Knick. 

• Options
    Squirtgun said:
    Netflix- the great British baking show!  I love it so much!  I just finished season three, and I may just start watching season one again. 
    I didn't know this was on Netflix, thanks! I've caught a few episodes when they aired, but never all of them. Love this show.
  • Options
    Most of mine have already been said but I loved

Netflix -  White Collar which has Matt Boomer (swoon).  Blacklist, Grimm, Hart of Dixie, Gossip Girl

Hulu - Blindspot, Greys, Lethal Weapon, Elementary, The Librarians, The O.C, Numbers, 

Amazon - Big Bang Theory, Sex and the City, The royals, Witches of East End, 

I tried to to watch Big Little Lies but it's too slow/weird for me so after 2 episodes I stopped. I also liked Big Love. Forgot about that one. 

• Options
    Thank you for starting this! I need to get my list for H to acquire for me.

Here's what I have so far:
    - The OC (I've seen seasons 1-3 a bunch, but I want to watch again and finish the series)
    - Finish the last season (or maybe 2?) of Vampire Diaries (Netflix)
    -Finish Heart of Dixie (Netflix)
    -Finish the last 5 episodes of Gossip Girl (I think Netflix?)
    -Buffy? It sounds up my alley
    -Charmed? Also sounds up my alley

Things I love, but we binge watch regularly as we leave our TV on all night:
    30 Rock (like, a million times), Parks & Rec, Seinfeld, HIMYM, Archer, Bob's Burgers, Friends, Arrested Development, The Office, Master of None, Mindy Project, New Girl, Happy Endings (this is a good one)...

Other favorites, but have not seen a million times:
    West World, GoT, Walking Dead, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Gilmore Girls, Veep, I don't know. My mind is now drawing a blank. We watch A LOT of TV.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    We are not actively watching anything these days but some shows we were working on are:
    • Suits (Amazon)
    • Homeland (Hulu)
    • Breaking Bad (netflix)
    We love the following. And I say we because often time one of us will start something then the other will get hooked at some point. It's hard!
    • Shameless
    • OITNB
    • Dexter
    • Stranger Things
    • Weeds
    Some shows I binged on my own without DH
    • One Tree Hill <3
    • True Blood
    • Call the Midwife
    • Gilmore Girl
    • Dawson's Creek
    When LO is born I plan to check out:
    • Scandal
    • The Crown
    • Orphan Black (Saw the first season, then couldn't access for free after and forgot about it)
    • West World if I can access it
    I keep up with a lot of shows during their current seasons. I really like or love the following:
    • Grey's
    • Vampire Diaries (recently ended :()
    • Walking Dead
    • Modern Family
    • New Girl
    • Once Upon a Time
    • Nashville
    • Jane the Virgin
    • Chicago Fire/Med/PD
    • This is Us
    I also recommend Parenthood! We loved it and we were so sad when it ended.

• Options
    @pshaortao Ahhh Parenthood was so good! I can't bring myself to watch the last season yet because I've heard it's so emotional... adding that my after baby binge list!
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • Options
    @nda_roxybabe Buffy is the best. The first season is super cheesy but important to set up some major storylines. If you can get past that you'll love it :smiley:
  • Options
    Netflix: Broadchurch (especially if you like British shows), Young & Hungry, HIMYM, Chuck, Firefly and Serenity, random movies like Chicago!

Hulu: I have the O.C. patiently waiting for me :)

Amazon Prime: Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Doctor Who, also Firefly and Serenity. I also watch Guardians of the Galaxy on here, but that's how we own it.

Other: I really haven't planned any shows for after baby yet. That'll be finishing series I've already started and probably watching my TV series that are on DVD only.
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    Great suggestions, everyone!

@CherryBananas @WombThereItIs: So sad that Top Gear's original hosts changed after so many years and years of broadcasting! But I suppose that's what happens when you clock a coworker in the head   ;)  But yes to Grand Tour! So much better than the new cast of Top Gear they tried. (It's hard to watch, right?)

Another pick, for anyone into fantasy: season 1 of The Shannara Chronicles is available on Netflix. It's filmed in New Zealand and is gorgeous. There's elves and humans, a prophecy, a quest, magic stones, a hot Druid to guide them... such good entertainment to pass the time.