Trying to Get Pregnant

Healthy Habits Check-In Week of 3.27.17

Check in here if you're working on diet/fitness/or any other healthy habit! 

1. What healthy habit are you working on?

2. How's it going?

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week?

4. GTKY: What is your favorite workout gear/item? 

Image result for workout gif

TTC#1 10/2016
TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

Re: Healthy Habits Check-In Week of 3.27.17

• Loading the player...
  • @50wife- Nice job on working out more than your goal!

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Still eating low carb and working out.

2. How's it going? Still going well! Although, I did tone down the working out for AF week. Plan to pick it up again today.

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? My team had a "breakfast huddle". There were donuts, bagels, muffins, cinnamon rolls, croissants. I managed to avoid the carbs and stick to the meats and eggs. (unfortunately there were some left the next day and I had a huge muffin, but I managed to work out extra hard that day to make up for it.)

4. GTKY: What is your favorite workout gear/item? Yoga pants! But I wear them more than just to work out, of course.

Me: 29 DH:30
    Dating 03/31/2011 Married 10/18/2014
    DS Born 12/28/2017
    TTC #2 06/2019

• 1. What healthy habit are you working on? still working on drinking more water. I don't really drink anything else, so I'm not trying to replace anything, I just know I have to have more water. We did the Game on Challenge a work a few years ago and that was 100oz of water a day, right now I'm shooting for 64. Also, cutting down on sugar

2. How's it going? pretty good. For some reason I struggle with water intake on the weekends. 

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I managed to not eat the entire pint of ice cream...

4. GTKY: What is your favorite workout gear/item?  I love the long sleeved Gap breathe tops. I have 2 but I want like 10 more. I also really like a pair of fabletics leggings I got recently. Now, if only I could find a sports bra that I actually like. Anyone have any suggestions?

@50Wife Nice job with the working out. I think @LoveInDC is doing 30 days of yoga w/Adrienne as well. GL to you!

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @50Wife I just did Day 6 with Adrienne and boy was it a doozie! I'm still really liking her class though.
  • 1. What healthy habit are you working on?

Eating less refined/white sugar and fewer simple starches (breads, pastas, flour-based things). Also, continuing to drink only once a week. This week I am also going to try to spin 4x/week.

2. How's it going? Pretty not terrible. Lunch to a kale and squash farro salad with a meatball. Dinner will be hard since my DH is out so I need to find something for 1. I may go out to a restaurant by myself.

I just started this so none!

My Peloton. It is the greatest thing in the world.

• @LaurenEG14 and @Avrilmai Congrats on resisting temptation! Every "no" is a little victory (even if you slide back later). I'm still working on that. It helps that I work from home and I can convince myself not to buy indulgences. But silly DH will come home with all my weaknesses to "treat" me. I have 5 boxes of Thin Mints in my freezer! It's the worst and the best all at once.
  • @LaurenEG14 way to avoid the delicious carbs!! One muffin won't hurt, but at least you got a better workout in because of it! 
    @Avrilmai water is so hard for me. I've been doing seltzer water or even just plain flavored water (I make are there are no calories, carbs, sodium or anything else) and it seems to help me! 
    @LoveInDC it was hard??? Oh boy! I'm surprised at how sore my arms are today so it's making me a bit more excited to keep going. There are times when she's like, "I know you want to move on" and I'm literally out loud saying "yea bitch, lets go". I know I need to work on the whole relaxing thing, I'll get there eventually...maybe. 
    PS-while I have you here. I got my first stitch fix box and I'm sold. I bought 3 out of 5 items. One was just a huge no-pattern and fit did nothing for me. The other I sent back was a blazer and I'm just not into blazers even though it fit well and looked cute. I knew I'd never wear it. I ordered another box for next month! 
  • @50Wife Day 6 is ab day. I have not really struggled until this one. I took so many breaks. She would have our legs in the air while she talked for 3 minutes setting up and then say "let's get started." Started?!? Bitch, I'm already done! It was definitely intense. I'm glad you loved Stitch Fix though!!! If I could afford it, I'd get a box every month. But it was still a nice little boost to my wardrobe. Plus, it also gave me ideas of different things to shop for outside of Stitch Fix. I have hauls from Forever 21 and Charlotte Rouse headed my way this week, none of it I would have even considered buying before :)
  • @LoveInDC that was one of my issues. I'd already be doing a move and holding it and she's talking about it as if I shouldn't be doing it yet. Although I guess if I'm getting in a bit more of a workout, that's a good thing. But still, get to it lady! 
    I'm ordering an April box just to hopefully add a few more pieces to my wardrobe since i really need to and then I'll probably randomly order a box here and there. 
  • @50Wife Yeah, it's super hard to tell if you're supposed to be mirroring her, or just listening. One of the ab exercises, she goes through 3 different variation options twice before she starts. But of course, my dumb ass is following along and exhausted before she even starts counting. Not fun. But I guess I'd rather her go too hard where I can take breaks/set my limits than for it to be so easy I might as well be doing nothing. For Stitch Fix, I think I'm going to do boxes during my season flips (Fall/Winter v. Spring/Summer) and special occasions. I have a conference in May that I'd love some new business casual outfits for. Definitely something nice to have in my back pocket.
  • 1. What healthy habit are you working on? This week (like last week I think...) I'm focusing on a healthier diet and moving more.

2. How's it going? Good so far. For breakfast, I took one of those Drink Chobani yogurts and blended it up with some kale and spinach and had a side of whole wheat toast and turkey bacon. Still feeling pretty full surprisingly. I also only packed fruits, veggies and nuts for snacks today and did not buy any junk food while grocery shopping. Made it to yoga twice last week, but no other workouts. I'll only get to yoga once this week, so I'm looking to do three additional workouts. Today will be # 1.

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? While we did have ice cream on Friday night and went to Mission:BBQ for dinner on Saturday, we didn't blow it out like we normally do on the weekend. I also tried to make a health(ier) choice on Saturday and got smoked turkey instead of pulled pork. 

4. GTKY: What is your favorite workout gear/item?  I 100% believe in having good footwear, both for looks and functionality. I actually just bought a pair of Brooks Pure Cadence 6. Anyone else wear these? 

@LoveinDC and @50Wife good luck on your yoga challenges. I'm trying to do yoga twice a week as part of my regime.

@LaureEG14 good job avoiding the carbs. My willpower would have faltered when face to face with a crossiant!

@AvrilMai I also struggle with my water intake on the weekends, even with the app. Its hard when you're up and about on the weekends because a waterbottle is difficult to lug around. 

@kiwi2628 so jealous of your Peloton!

Me:31 ~ DH: 28
    Swiped Right: 6/2014
    Married: 9/2016
    TTC # 1: 11/2016 
     BFP: 5/2017
    Baby Boy: 1/2018
    Link to FF Charts
  • @kiwi2628 I missed your post! How is spinning? I'm curious, but I think it might be too intense for me. What muscles does it work?

@SoldiersMom You are blowing me away with your healthy choices and resisting temptation! I don't know if I could resist a pulled pork sandwich at Mission BBQ. Ooo, with cornbread? I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. Keep making awesome choices! We're rooting for you!
  • @SoldiersMom  do you have a Fitbit or any type of watch to help get you up and moving more?  I love my Fitbit. It will vibrate if I don't move for at least a few minutes (250 steps) each hour. If I haven't gotten up from my desk, I use that as an excuse to get up and walk to the bathroom or to get a water. 
  • Thanks @LoveinDC:#
    @50Wife yes, I have a Fitbit charge that does the same thing. It helps a bit. I may need to start going to the further ladies room!
    Link to FF Charts
  • Check in here if you're working on diet/fitness/or any other healthy habit! 

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Eating mindfully & intuitively, completing The Bigness Project, teaching my weekly pre/postnatal fitness class

2. How's it going? So far so good. I love the freedom and empowerment that comes with intuitive eating, and I've actually lost weight "eating whatever I want" so to speak. I'm just SO over diet culture and obsessing with what I 'can' and 'can't' eat and feeling guilty if I'm 'off the wagon'. It's all just bullshit to con you into wasting your money on the next diet. 

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? A coworker told me she noticed my muscular arms through my hoodie, so that was a proud moment!

4. GTKY: What is your favorite workout gear/item?  SHOES.  Omg shoes. I would own 100 pairs if it wasn't so expensive.  Which is kind of ironic since I have a home gym and never wear shoes to work out haha

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • vvitchhazelvvitchhazel member
    edited March 2017

1. What healthy habit are you working on? We are cutting out most meat from our diet. We use beefless crumbles in place of ground beef in tacos and chili and lentils in sloppy joes. 

2. How's it going? Pretty good! We're not totally eliminating meat, but we did want to drastically cut down the amount of red meat we're consuming and we've really succeeded in doing so!

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I managed to cook or plan for leftovers every night, so we didn't have any unexpected last minute fast food runs.

4. GTKY: What is your favorite workout gear/item? I'm a sucker for cute workout attire in general. I can't just throw on sweats and a t-shirt! And I've seriously been eyeing these gorgeous ASICS that I'm dying to get my hands on!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yoga day 3 is in the books! 

@kvacmak what is this intuitive eating you speak of?
  • @50Wife It's exactly what it sounds like. Eating what you feel like eating, when you feel like eating. Learning to get in touch with your hunger cues, how different foods make you feel, and eating accordingly. I actually wrote a whole blog post about my thoughts & experiences on the subject here.
  • @LoveInDC I looooove my Peloton. I wasnt sure I would like spinning (my H got the bike for him), but I really like the classes. They work your abs, butt, thighs and calves. Waist down basically but there are also a lot of classes that incorporate arm work while spinning so you can get (a bit) of that in too.
  • @kiwi2628 Very cool! My FIL loves long distance biking and spins in the winter. I'm just worried I won't be able to keep up with a class! It sounds/looks super intense. But it might be something to keep on my radar for the future :) Thanks for sharing!
  • All of you (and the running ladies in WTO) gave me the push to get back into the gym...

1. What healthy habit are you working on? Going to the gym at least 3 times a week

2. How's it going? Well, I only decided half way through the week, so went Wednesday and Friday, and a long walk on Saturday. Went today, and have plans to go with a coworker tomorrow at lunch.

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Getting up and going to the gym before work on Friday!

4. GTKY: What is your favorite workout gear/item? Also shoes - I like minimalist shoes, with a low heel drop

• @Sailing_Mama I'm with you on the low-drop shoes. I just bought some Nike Free Training shoes for work, and I love them! I need to find some everyday ones, I'm thinking the New Balance ones once my current ones wear out. Do you have any favourites?
  • Are there any tall women here? I have a hard time finding good quality leggings that fit.
  • @kvacmak I actually use the New Balance ones, and keep buying them because I love them - I think I've been using them for about 3 years now. I highly recommend them!
  • @cdnrunning I'm 5'9" and love Lululemon leggings, and so does my 6' bff
  • @kvacmak They're pricey but I may have to give in and splurge!
  • Nice job everybody!!!  Very happy :)

1. What healthy habit are you working on?

Regular excersize and better eating habits. I'm doing the Insanity workout program with the 21 Day fix eating plan

2. How's it going?

I'm sticking to the workout plan perfectly - I did 6 out of the 7 days last week!  Eating is a little tougher on the weekends. I tend to just do whatever I want then, which just makes me lose weight really slowly. But I am feeling stronger and less bloated, so it's starting to work!

I did all 6 days of Insanity workouts and I didn't have to take as many breaks as the week before. That shits HARD.

My Fitbit Charge 2 HR. I got the rose gold/ lavender one for Xmas and it's fun to log your workouts and see what you're burning, etc. 

Keep it up everyone!  We're all doing great!

• @cdnrunning lululemon's leggings are pricey, but the quality is so good I can always justify it.  I have pairs that I've purchased 8 years ago, that still look like new even with near weekly wear.
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • @cdnrunning also, if you get the high waisted ones *TW* you can wear them as maternity tights too! I wore mine throughout my whole previous pregnancy */TW*
  • @kvacmak @cdnrunning yes! those high waisted leggings are the best for maternity pants!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • I need to do a Lululemon shop here in the next few days. I need some new Nikes too. Anyone have any good recommendations for a pair they like?  Specifically for HIIT workouts. 
  • 1. What healthy habit are you working on? eating better, drinking more water and going on daily walks after work

2. How's it going? pretty good, its no fun having salads for lunch, especially today I am friggen hungry, and water tastes gross today 

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? I made my steps goal, so that was a plus

4. GTKY: What is your favorite workout gear/item?  don't have a favorite , I really want to get a fitbit , just haven't done it yet

• @BreezyBee I absolutely Love my Nike Free Training (6? I think). They have a decent amount of cushion but still have minimal heel-to-toe drop
  • I don't have any lululemon leggings but a sweet friend of mine gave me a gc I've been planning to use when I reach a particular weight loss goal and am getting close so I'm excited to hear how great the leggings are.

1. What healthy habit are you working on? I' even been working on cutting way down on sugar.

2. How's it going?  Pretty good - the lure of cookies and cake has lessened a lot although I have been guilty of eating the occasional Halo Top pint...

3.  What’s a “small win” you have from last week? Have consistently given away every cookie I've been handed this week - work likes to feed me lunch at meetings and give me cookies I shouldn't have. 

4. GTKY: What is your favorite workout gear/item? I have these totally amazing (and very cheap) workout leggings that have a unicorn on one leg and a dinosaur robot on the other plus there are rainbows. Ok, I only wear them to workout in my house but they are thoroughly amazing. Close second is my "T-Rex hates push-ups" tank top...

• It is mid-week...how are you doing with your goals?
    @LoveInDC @50wife how are the yoga challenges going?
    @LaurenEG14 are you still holding strong avoiding those carbs?
    @kiwi2628 I know you hurt your back, but how are your other goals going
    @SoldiersMom is the healthy diet working for you?
    @kvacmak  what is the bigness project
    @Sailing_Mama how many days of gym have you had this week?
    @BreezyBee not gonna lie, the insanity workout scares me
    @bean1818 what is your water goal? just more in general or a specific amount a day
    @zamora_spin I'm trying to cut back on sugar too, your ability to decline a cookie is impressive. Also, that tank top is awesome

I've been doing well with my water goal. I feel like the moment I said I was cutting back on sugar  cookies and cakes started appearing in front of me. Also, Reese's peanut butter eggs are a real weakness. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

• @kvacmak Thanks for the recommendation - I'll check those out later today :)
    @Avrilmai Yeah me too. Yesterday's was so hard I was simultaneously crying and gagging at the same time. I feel so great when I finish though, so it's worth it!  Ugh today's is Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. Kill me. 
  • @Avrilmai @50Wife Today was day 8 with Adriene! Easily my favorite day so far. It was a lot of stretching and balance. I felt like I was being pushed while also relaxing and really recouping from how intense days 6 and 7 were. I know I'm at the 1 week high of regular exercise, but I'm very optimistic about keeping this up :)

I'm also loving how many of us are checking in here!
  • @Avrilmai I am so proud of myself. I went Monday after work, and yesterday at lunch even though my coworker bailed. I also have my gym clothes with me for a class today. Tomorrow will be my day off, and then hopefully I'll go Friday morning as well!
  • SoldiersMomSoldiersMom member
    edited March 2017
    @Avrilmai so far so good! I've been making smoothies for breakfast by blending a bunch of kale, spinach, and Drink Chobani and they are actually really yummy! I've also been adding a boat load of leafy greens to dinner as well. The weekend will be the test!

ETA: Stay strong with cutting back on sugar! You can do it! 
    Link to FF Charts