July 2017 Moms

Baby Movements

Re: Baby Movements

• Loading the player...
  • Great news @chiquita928! Yay! 
  • JAM85JAM85 member
    I'm 24w6d today and last week at 24w I saw my stomach move from his movements for the first time in response to the back rollers on the mssage chair at the pedicure place. he either loved it or was trying to escape it. I also have a ton of rolling movements or grazing where I imagine he is moving a limb back and forth and hiccups are super low where they have always been. Most movements are middle or lower totally different from DD who was frank breech from 20 weeks on and all her movements were at the top of my stomach and in my ribs later on. Also so crazy since I had an anterior with DD and never saw any pokes or my stomach move or anything!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This girl likes to kick my bladder.  And sit on it.  Immediate bathroom break when she does that.  When the placenta grew above my belly button and she kicked me in the belly button (or behind I guess, you get what I mean haha!) for the first time that was a weird feeling for sure.  Generally I feel her most in the middle though just below my belly button.  She's most active at night past 10pm but I feel her move around here and there during the day.  Can't wait till I can see her actually moving around, feet poking out and the like haha! 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • I saw my first kick today!
    Weirdly I didn't even feel much, though.
    Mostly I just feel him more like squirming, and I can see like if he's in a different spot, but this was a definite jab/kick!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • My child today decided to kick the doppler at my monthly check then kick the ultrasound thing at my follow up AS. Oh yeah, and generally move around like a crazy person. I'm going to have my hands full...
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • I saw my first kick today!
    Mostly I just feel him more like squirming, and I can see like if he's in a different spot, but this was a definite jab/kick!
    I feel like now that I have been feeling her for a while now, seeing her is the 'new/fun/exciting thing' and I almost enjoy it more than feeling her, if that makes sense. lol
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Rae1 said:
    I saw my first kick today!
    I feel like now that I have been feeling her for a while now, seeing her is the 'new/fun/exciting thing' and I almost enjoy it more than feeling her, if that makes sense. lol
    I was SO weirded out by the idea, but now that it's happening, it's pretty cool! 
    Still not sure if I would be ready to see like the outline of an appendage poking through my skin though! I had a dream about that, and him popping through, and I had to shove him back in!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Rae1 said:
    I saw my first kick today!
    I was SO weirded out by the idea, but now that it's happening, it's pretty cool! 
    Still not sure if I would be ready to see like the outline of an appendage poking through my skin though! I had a dream about that, and him popping through, and I had to shove him back in!
    HAHAHA - I had one of these dreams super early on. She busted an arm through and then I just delivered her through that hole in my stomach lol so random. 
  • My child today decided to kick the doppler at my monthly check then kick the ultrasound thing at my follow up AS. Oh yeah, and generally move around like a crazy person. I'm going to have my hands full...
    This happened to me last night! We were using the home Doppler, and she was moving around like crazy. She punched the wand so hard that it made me jump and the Doppler screamed. It was really strange...
  • @NutellaToast - All I could do was laugh. My OB was laughing, too, because she could see the baby kicking.
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • I wish I could feel and see the kicks from the outside! It was confirmed at my ultrasound last Monday that I have an anterior placenta, and that's why the movement feels so 'muffled'. Whenever baby's dancing around I place my hand on my belly hoping to feel it, but no dice yet. Boyfriend's gotta wait a few more weeks before he'll feel baby. 
  • @Dovahkiin_99 I have anterior placenta aswell and it can get annoying! However, the only time I feel baby is when there's a major kick/collision/punch(no idea what it really is) that's substantial enough to make my hand move a little, and none of the other movement everyone seems to talk about. I kept my Hubbys hand on my belly last night and he got a proper kick at last! Itl happen sooner or later :) 
  • @OperaSingerMommy I have a very similar story with DS. I was 34 weeks and he was still breech and I had this wild idea that the more I could be upside down the more likely he would flip. When to my chiropractor that morning (and he swears he can flip babies) then went to the pool after that. I did hand stand after handstand in the water then got out to dry off. Saw the same blob move from top to bottom! It was the WEIRDEST sensation! 
  • @Dovahkiin_99 @BusyZee I have an anterior placenta too and have been trying to feel movement from the outside. Thursday was the day I finally felt a kick on the outside. It was a strong kick too! I quickly grabbed my DH hand and put it on my belly because baby boy was kicking the bejeezus out of me. He told me to say when I felt a big kick, a few moments went by and he felt the kick too! 

They definitely have to be hard, strong kicks/bumps to feel with my hands, other than that it's just like I'm feeling the baby doing tumbles in my belly.
  • I think I just felt a foot sticking out. These babies r seriously getting tightly packed. I think they are growing but my stomach doesn't seem to be doing enough stretching. I know a lot of you mentioned seeing the kicks but as a FTM i did not think you could literally feel body parts sticking out. mind blown.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @OperaSingerMommy LO is breech on and off throughout the day. I'm hoping LO won't get stuck being in a breech position. I tell DH baby likes to sit like a little Buddha on my bladder. It's so uncomfortable. I can't imagine how much worse it will be the further along I get. This is my first pregnancy dealing with this. 
  • @poppyseed1017 Hopefully both of ours flip soon so we can be done with the bladder abuse. I'm only 22 weeks with this baby so I know there's plenty of time but Im just sick of peeing 6 times a night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • He sure kicks a lot! But suddenly calms down if I touch my stomach or at least redirects his kicks so poor DH hasn’t felt a thing yet! Baby moved up from my bladder and has moved on to pressing on my lungs and kicking my ribs

• I set off the smoke detector while I was cooking dinner, and the baby jumped  :o
    LOL!  I've noticed they can definitely hear more outside sounds because my dog barks when people go by our front door and he barked this past weekend and the baby jumped.  It's so cute!  Then I feel bad because they probably get startled.  :D

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My little guy has been hanging out on my right side recently. Not sure if he's transverse or what kind of position he's in. But the past few nights, when I've laid down on my right side, I can feel him stretching on both sides of my stomach, as if his head is pushing against one side, and his feet are pushing against the other. It's wild. The other morning I was laying in bed and I felt what I thought was an elbow or foot slide across the top of my uterus. Every time I feel movement is as exciting as the very first time. I still can't believe there is a tiny human pushing around in there. 
  • Like many of you ladies I have an anterior placenta and it's crazy how much less I feel of his movements than with my first! Whoever said that the movements feel muffled is exactly right. But I am feeling them regularly now which I'm thankful for!
  • @kat0607 yes! This is how my baby girl is. I feel really strong kicks on the right side of my stomach and weaker jabs on my left side so I figured she's been laying sideways with her head on the left for at least a couple weeks. 

My dad is a high-risk OB who has a cheap/weak ultrasound machine that he uses when he volunteers at free clinics around the area. This weekend he offered to give me a quick ultrasound so my sister and mom could hear baby's heartbeat and, sure enough, that's exactly how she's laying. 

It's so amazing to me that we can not only feel them, but we can begin to tell what they're doing and how they're positioned! 
  • Awesome @PurplePumpernickel!!

I dont know how you ladies can tell how baby is laying. I feel kicks right below my belly button usually. Maybe maybe is up and down? I have no clue. 
  • Awesome @PurplePumpernickel!!

I dont know how you ladies can tell how baby is laying. I feel kicks right below my belly button usually. Maybe maybe is up and down? I have no clue. 
    I can't really tell except for the times I feel simultaneous movement on both sides of my belly. And I KNOW I don't have two in there...so the only explanation is a sideways baby. But otherwise I can't tell his position! 
  • chiquita928chiquita928 member
    edited March 2017
    I swear she's doing flip turns in there!  I get jabs in the left, then the right, left, right, back and forth.  Seriously, girl, you're making me dizzy!
  • @ginger1228 yeah. I feel gentle pokes on the left side (arms) and harder jabs on the right side (legs). Since they'll happen in close succession, I can tell she's laying sideways and even which way her head is facing. She'll rollover sometimes, but for whatever reason, she likes having her head on my left side. 

The ultrasound definitely confirmed it, but she's so regular with her movements it's pretty easy to tell now. I love it!! 
  • At my anatomy scan, she was laying sideways with her head at my left side. I usually feel kicks/punches on either side of my belly button, and often at the same time. I told my husband that I feel kind of bad, because you are supposed to sleep on your left side, but that means that she is hanging out upside down all the time. I'm sure she doesn't know the difference, but still...
  • I could literally feel baby do a complete somersault to breech, start kicking my cervix, and then flip back and be kicking me up top...all in the course of 20 minutes. Not exactly comfortable but with the muffled kicks of an anterior placenta I'll take any distinct movement I can get!
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • I'm pretty sure I just experienced lightning crotch for the first time.  I was feeling lots of cute little kicks... and then a few seconds of excruciating pain.  Good times.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • At my anatomy scan, she was laying sideways with her head at my left side. I usually feel kicks/punches on either side of my belly button, and often at the same time. I told my husband that I feel kind of bad, because you are supposed to sleep on your left side, but that means that she is hanging out upside down all the time. I'm sure she doesn't know the difference, but still...
    I just read, I think either Week 24 or 25, that they can tell which way is up! They don't seem to really care though...
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My little one has been head down for a few weeks and she occasionally headbutts me really hard in the cervix! I guess she is trying to lie straight because she kicks at the same time! It really freaks me out because I have an incompetent cervix and if love it if she would shuffle sideways a little till we are further along (currently 25 weeks)! 

Yesterday I had a doctor ask me if I've been having normal movements. What the hell does that mean? Just reading through this thread what's normal can change from one pregnancy to the next let alone between women. I told her I didn't know which possibly made her concerned but what a silly question! 
  • My kids love for me to lay down so they can see the baby rolling and kicking. I love seeing their eyes light up when they see him move.
  • @MrsLa3 I'm like your kids lol...I have a serious fascination with seeing the movements on the outside. It's really so amazing!! Does it ever get old? Maybe by week 30 I'll be over it, but for now I feel like I'm always looking at my belly and watching.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wanna see my belly move! I still can't see past my own boobs lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Cait32 said:
    I didn't want to buy a home doppler but I did buy the babyscope app on my iphone and I picked up the heartbeat last night at 24+5. You can make a recording of it and text/email it to people, so it was pretty cool!
    really?! I can't believe this works!!