Baby Names

Adley

What are your thoughts on the name Adley?  We are pretty set on a girls name (team green) but I came across this the other day and it's kinda stuck in my head.  Is it super trendy?  
Married:09/27/14 
Baby N-Born:10/29/15
Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

Re: Adley

• So this would be for a boy?
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Adley is missing "something" and I think it's the H. I dislike it as is. 
  • Loading the player...
  • joforyogajoforyoga member
    edited March 2017
    Meh.spunds like kind of a mash up mix of different names. Makes me think of Hadley, Addy..... don't think it's trendy but doesn't do much for me. What is the other girls name that you are pretty set on, that you would be comparing this name to? 
  • Adley is missing "something" and I think it's the H. I dislike it as is. 
    This. Hadley is a great name. Adley sounds unfinished. 
  • Dislike. It's going to constantly be confused with Hadley, and Hadley is a pretty boring name to begin with. 

Some surnames should stay surnames.
  • Between the Hadley and the Addys everywhere I think it gets lost in the shuffle and confused with those and in turn gives off a trendy vibe

• nanner26nanner26 member
    edited March 2017
    Not a fan and agree it doesn't sound complete.
  • I only know one Adley and it's a girl. I would probably side eye it on a boy, but really like it for a girl.
  • It's kind of trendy/made up. I like Hadley better.
  • I think Hadley is trendy and this is a twist on that so yes it feels very trendy to me.

What is the other name you are almost set on?
  • What are your thoughts on the name Adley?  We are pretty set on a girls name (team green) but I came across this the other day and it's kinda stuck in my head.  Is it super trendy?  
    @MrsN092714 - Not loving it but not sure why? What's the other name you were thinking of? Are you thinking of Adley as an alternative girls name or for if you have a boy?
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• It sounds like someone with a Cockney accent saying Hadley.  

• I dislike it, it sounds incomplete, and reminds me of someone being addled.

• Thanks for the input guys.  It's lingering in my head for a baby girl, but I am pretty sure we wouldn't go with it anyways.  It just caught my eye and clung!  
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17