October 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread (week of 03/25)

How are you feeling? Any new symptoms?

Re: Symptoms Thread (week of 03/25)

• @mommac2017 I'm glad the nausea is starting to ease up on you!!

I had an incredibly painful headache all day yesterday. Couldn't sleep at all last night because it was so uncomfortable and also had horrible nausea. I got up to pee around 3am and instantly threw up, and dry heaved for the rest of the night. Good times!
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I actually feel like my nausea has gotten worse. It's more predictable now, so it's always worst in the mornings, but it's a lot worse in the mornings than it was even a week or two ago. Bah.
  • @soprano19 yay for..predictability, at least?  :| 

Which is more than I can say for my bathroom needs right now. The constipation is so real. Not a fan.

• @bluejeanbabi05 I guess predictability is a good thing? And I mean, I'd way rather be leaning over the toilet in my own bathroom than at work, so I guess it's good to get the unpleasantness out of the way first thing and then go on with my day. #silverlining
  • My lower back has ached the past few days. I don't remember it aching this early on last time. Perhaps things are just stretching sooner. But I also haven't felt as sick the past couple of days, only when I realize I'm hungry. So maybe I'm on the upswing of things in regards to feeling like poo!
  • @soprano19, how many weeks are you? "They" say nausea peaks at 8 weeks. I call BS. Mine peaked from weeks 5-12...
  • Oops, posted this in last week's thread accidentally, so here we go:

Sore throat at night/mornings! The past month (now 11+3) I have been waking up in the night with a dry/sore/burning throat. It's the same first thing in the morning, too. As soon as I drink water it's fine. I didn't have this with my pregnancy but I am sure it's pregnancy related!
  • My nausea is at an all time high. I'm considering going back to my doc to get something to help me through the next few weeks. 
  • edited March 2017
    @kpinto Ahh I'm sorry about your vomiting without warning! That sounds stressful. Your doc sounds very straightforward  :D

@mommac2017 I definitely agree about ms. Mine has been awful since I turned 10 weeks a few days ago. 

AFM: I have no appetite and its frustrating me. Any meat makes me want to throw up. I almost think a raw food/bean bowl sounds good, but I can't completely get on board with anything. There needs to be a balance of food aversion/cravings, and right now everything is gross. Plus, I can't sleep at night because no position is comfortable, and have nausea. Man I am a whiner this morning. Get it together me!
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have been fairly symptomless the last week or so. I'm trying not to worry because my bump has grown over the week but I've just felt normal and tired... 
  • I rarely get constipated, even during this pregnancy, but I have def been experiencing it more recently. I didn't have a BM at all for 2 days and when I finally had one this morning, I really had to really strain, leading to a very very small amount of spotting. 90% positive it wasn't vaginal, but still. My pelvic area has been pretty sore today. :( So, ladies on the constipation train, I really feel for you. Hubby is making a dinner with lots of spinach so hopefully this will help. I almost bought some Colace but holding off to see if this works...
  • My symptoms are pretty the same. I seem to get bouts of energy but they never last longer than an hour. I do as much as I can in that hour. My aversions and stomach pain/nausua is still sitting there but like the energy, I get bouts of feeling okay. Usually after I consume carbs. Here's a new one though, hair growth. I need to shave my pits and legs way more often. Nearly every day ! 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• My nausea has been significantly better (still there at times, but very mild) for about a week now. I'm 12w6d today. Hopefully it's on it's way out! In other news, I'm so freakin itchy!
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • MamanBeeMamanBee member
    edited March 2017
    @ChocolateIsLife I feel like I am reading my own symptoms. I too have an aversion to meat. My nausea was fine but then for the first time in 4 weeks I felt gaggy this morning and first time ever I threw up this morning. I sure hope it stays to morning.
  • My nausea has also been better the past few days. Of course it worries me bc I'm only 9 weeks and feel it shouldn't go away for another few, but I'm trying to stay positive and not worry something is wrong. :wink:

@beezeemarie My legs are itchy on the same spot on both legs. They are also dry and could use a shave, haha! But they itch a ton. 
  • @curlyq423 lol, I've been lathering myself in lotion and drinking a ton of water, but the dry skin is still crazy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • @beezeemarie Maybe try something like Cetaphil? I think that's how you spell it. We use it for our son's eczema. It's more like a balm, so it's thicker. I don't know what else to tell you! I hope it goes away soon, how annoying!
  • @curlyq423 thanks for the suggestion! Last pregnancy, I used palmer's cocoa butter on my stomach after my bump showed up. The bigger I got, the more itching and stretching I had. That really helped. I guess it's time to break that out again.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Here's one I didn't think was a symptom but DH just pointed out that I "have got to stop doing that so much!" Anyone else have the burps ?!? Like I wake up and let out some massive burps to start the day. Then I burp after every drink and meal, and when my tummy isn't feeling great. I literally burp all day long. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Yes! Exactly! @ChocolateIsLife

Pregnancy Ticker

• @mamanbee we are both right around 10 weeks too! Hoping it eases up a bit for you!
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    FET 1/10/2017  
    FET 2/2
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mommac2017 I'll be 12 weeks on Tuesday. Mine definitely got worse around weeks 9-10, so I'm with you on calling BS.
  • Nausea, constipation, and gas! Ugh this is really an unattractive part of pregnancy. Also- is it too early to blame forgetfulness on pregnancy brain? I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow and last night I forgot to pay for my popcorn at the movie theater! Just took it without paying. So embarrassing!
  • @callababy17 I started blaming things on pregnancy brain at 4 weeks, so go for it, girl!

• Anyone stuggling with acid reflux?? I'm right at ten weeks, and at week 8 all my symptoms went away. And at week 9.5 they came back with a vengeance! I'm running to the bathroom, been very dizzy, can't drink enough water, but the worst is the acid reflux. It's all day, everyday. Nothing seems to help! Pleading for suggestions! 
  • @canonmom413     My burping is SO BAD too!  This weekend I was away at a conference with my students and my best friend/co sponsor kept laughing at me for burping so much.  I knew I was burping a lot more, but I hadn't paid attention to how much!  
  • Still nauseated as the day progresses. All food is awful and I'm eating like a bird. I struggle to drink enough water - when pre-pregnancy I drank 3-4 litres without even thinking. And my pubic bone hurts!!
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Nauseated, gassy, burps all still around a bit as I turn 11 weeks today. I can't seem to have a 'restful' night's sleep though and end up tossing and turning all night.

@flyingfall I am dealing with a spout of it as well and it isn't a pleasant feeling... but I've noticed it more so when I have more acidic foods which makes complete sense. I love lemon water but have had to cut back on that and tomatoes! My mom says to have just a glass of milk, doesn't have to be a full glass but it's supposed to help soothe the reflux. Hope you receive some comfort soon!!

• @lisa06317 Milk may feel soothing going down, but beware it increases acid production in the stomach and can have a rebound effect making reflux much worse.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• @reneeannemm good to know!! Guess what I'll stop doing now ;)
  • Is anyone fighting low blood pressure? I've been feeling blah for weeks and now that my other symptoms are fading - it's more obvious how crummy I feel before bed. Got a blood pressure monitor last week for free through insurance and I've been in the mid 80/60 range for a few nights now. I know it's common in PG women but im really struggling with sluggishness and general crap feeling. 
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • General crap feeling i toootaly get. For me its the opposite, high blood pressure. Havent thrown up once... Yet (sorry for all mamaz who have been struggling with MS i know it sucks!! :( ). Burpy OH GOD YES! aaaaaand gassy! 
  • Hit 13 weeks today and I have finally been feeling better!!!  Woohoo!!!  My husband said it's a new me.  Able to make dinner for the family again and help out with my daughter at night.  It's still slightly there in the background, but I will take it compared to how awful I was feeling before.  MS went away around same time as last pregnancy so right on schedule I guess.  Weeks 6-13.
  • Headaches are FINALLY gone it seems. But now I feel so dizzy all the time. I daily feel like I am going to faint. I drink water and eat plenty. I read it could be because of the increased blood flow, but I am still bringing it up to my doc. 
  • Sweating? Anyone else?

I start smelling myself in the afternoons (I HOPE it's just my pregnant super-nose and no one else can smell me) and my armpits are always damp. So annoying.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore