Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Sunday 3.26

edited March 2017 in Trying to Get Pregnant
My first discussion! Hope I do this right and don't repeat a GTKY... :) 

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

Timing:

Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: If money/time/school were not a factor, what is your dream job? 

High School Teacher Reluctant Floridian * Steelers Fan 

Family info in Spoiler

Married 6/2013
DS 11/2017
MMC 10/2019 @ 12 weeks 
Planning to try for our rainbow 01/2020

Re: TWW Sunday 3.26

• Woot, I was just wondering if I should start the TWW thread for a second day in a row! :) Thanks for kicking it off, @CandyApple2012!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 24/11

Timing: O, O+1

Testing: Not unless AF is late by a few days, which seems unlikely at this point.

R/R: My rave is that after yesterday's temp drop AF did stay away, so I get to at least say I had a 10 day LP this time. Now we'll see if I can go for 11! Also I let myself play video games all of yesterday afternoon and it felt wonderfully indulgent. I don't play very often these days, but I like adventure games where you can get completely immersed in the story and not worry about real life for a bit...it was very nice to do that for a few hours. 

CS/Q: Nope.

GTKY: When I was a kid I always said I wanted to be a writer! I'd love to have the time/money to research a historical period for a long time and then write a really great novel set then with tons of historical detail. 

• jenotontxjenotontx member
    edited March 2017
    Month/Cycle: TTA

CD/DPO: 27/11

R/R: Wow 11DPO and still no spotting yet. If I wasn't TTA I would be peeing on all the sticks lol I have been concerned about the length of my LP and spotting leading up to AF so this cycle makes me feel a lot more hopeful there won't be any LP issues when we start TTC.  :)

CS/Q: Nope. 

I would love to be a journalist so I could become a reporter or a TV news anchor. I could also see myself being an actress but all those jobs require so much risk (in terms of there being few opportunities) that I'd never put myself out there like that. 

ETA- 
    @CandyApple2012 I think you missed the "timing". @Augusta108 added it into her respinse though. :)

@Augusta108 Yay 11day LP buddy!! I'm rooting you on! I'd be over the moon if I made it to tomorrow too. 
  • Loading the player...
  • edited March 2017
    ETA: chart picture 

Month/Cycle: 4/2

CD/DPO: 23/6 (chart was reassessed this morning for unknown reasons...)

Testing: I have a 4-day field trip to chaperone 3/30-4/2, and I think I'll wait until I get home to test

R/R: Rave: I love lazy Sunday mornings! I'm also pretty excited that this cycle will be shorter than the last 2 -- It looks like I O'd on CD17-18ish this cycle and the last two were both CD22. Makes the waiting game a bit better. No rants today... another Rave? We watched The Dressmaker on Amazon Prime last night and it was unexpectedly sooooo good. Highly recommended. 
    tv seinfeld lazy sunday george costanza GIF

CS/Q: Yeah so I may have started this discussion for selfish reasons. FF moved my CH's from CD 18 to CD 17 this morning and I don't know why. Either way timing was pretty good, but I'm curious if you ladies have some insight to add. (Sorry if it's too large!) 

GTKY: If money/time/school were not a factor, what is your dream job? I dream of owning a bed and breakfast... in Ireland. It's a long-shot, but it would be amazing. Hubby and I also sometimes talk/dream about opening up a coffee shop where patrons can play with and adopt rescue animals, combining our favorite things: baked goods, coffee, and snuggly pets :) 

Family info in Spoiler

Married 6/2013
    DS 11/2017
    MMC 10/2019 @ 12 weeks 

• @Augusta108 It is so nice to forget about reality sometimes. I'm not a gamer, but I love movies that take me to faraway places. Oh, and vacation. I need a vacation! FX for a nice long LP! 
    @JJMNO1616 Thank you for the reminder about timing! I edited the thread to add. Yay for a longer LP for you as well! Any news this weekend on the house negotiations? 

Family info in Spoiler

Married 6/2013
    DS 11/2017
    MMC 10/2019 @ 12 weeks 

• @CandyApple2012 Yes thanks for asking! We finally came to an agreement so we are past that phase of the process. Now we just have to get the appraisal sometime over this next week. Also, from looking at your chart I'm a bit surprised FF changed your CH to CD17 but it may be because that's the first day you noted fertile CM? Your temps do start to rise pretty steadily from that point though so I think CD17 is certainly possible. 
  • Month/Cycle: 5/4 after break

CD/DPO: 33/17

Timing: doesn't matter at this point

Testing: bfn yesterday, waiting on beta results to confirm so that I can stop the progesterone

R/R: glad today is my last 12 hour shift and then I have 2 days off.....if I don't pick up overtime. Still waiting on af to come and wish she'd make up her damn mind. We're making progress on our renovations so that's a plus!

CS/Q:

GTKY: If money/time/school were not a factor, what is your dream job?  DH and I have talked about opening up our own shop. He loves to make wood furniture and signs and stuff and I make soaps, deodorants, lotions and whatnot so we'd love to able to do that some day.
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • Month/Cycle: 7/8

CD/DPO: not entirely sure, but I think 15/5 (yes, I think I O'd on CD 10)

Timing: if I O'd on CD 10, -3, -2, -1

Testing: Tuesday the 4th- day before my RE appt

R/R: I O'd reaaaaally early this cycle. All my signs lined up- I wasn't using OPKs this month because I needed to de-stress, but I had CM, sex drive was crazy high and then on CD 11 my boobs hurt, CM died up and I thought it was a fluke. On CD 14 and today I have taken OPKs and they are so ridiculously negative. We will see when AF comes, but I am grumpy about O-ing so early since I am worried about egg quality. Bah.

Also there is a viral thing going around FB about this guy who thinks we should give 'half doses' of vaccines to smaller dogs because they are smaller and its pissing me off. THATS NOT HOW THE IMMUNE SYSTEM WORKS. I need politicians to get out of medicine so hard.

CS/Q:

I love my job so much (veterinairan). I think the only thing I might change to if I could would be food critic because...food. Or a travel writer for food and wine magazine because travel AND food!
  • @kaitlink33 I'm sorry about your bfn, especially since AF is faking you out this cycle. On the plus side, yay for renovations! Which room(s) are you working on?

Family info in Spoiler

Married 6/2013
    DS 11/2017
    MMC 10/2019 @ 12 weeks 

• @Augusta108 So glad you got to play video games yesterday!! Fingers crossed af stays away! 
    @JJMNO1616  So cool all these lp's are behaving! Hopefully you are back in business next cycle! So awesome you're moving forward with the house :)
    @CandyApple2012   Thanks for startin today! I think ff chose that day because of your pos opk's. I think for now you might as well agree since it's really hard to tell from your ovulatory phase temps and only 2 days marked with cm.
    @kaitlink33  So sorry about that bfn :( Good thing you've got those renovations to keep you busy
    @kiwi2628  That is a pretty early O... hopefully you still caught that eggie! I also agree that politicians and medicine don't mix.....:/

CD/DPO: 24/6

Timing: FET Tomorrow (and -3,-1,0)

Testing: testing out trigger and till beta 

R/R: super neutral today.... just trying to keep myself balanced.... eeeek!

CS/Q: none

GTKY: If money/time/school were not a factor, what is your dream job? No one dream job.... I like to be a scientist/artist/restaurateur/scholar and lady of leisure..... lol!!!!!
  • @Augusta108 and @jjmno1616 Yay for a longer LP! 
    @CandyApple2012  Hey DPO buddy I'm going to try and hold out to test to the same time as you!  Yay for an earlier O!
    @kaitlink33 Enjoy your days off!  What are you renovating?
    @kiwi2628 That is an early O, but at least you had great timing!
    @dragonette505 Good luck at your transfer tomorrow!

Month/Cycle: 7/6, 4/4 AL

CD/DPO: 29/6

Timing: -5, -3, -1, +1

Testing:
      AF is due April 2nd, so going to try and hold out until April 3rd

R/R: I just finished meal prepping a bunch of stuff for the week!

CS/Q:  none

Either something to do with animals like a zoo keeper, travel writer, or food critic.  Or ideally a combo of all three!  Unfortunately, none of those are remotely close to my real job though. 

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 24/9

Timing: O

Testing: Going to try and not test until/if I'm late. Shooting for next Sunday

R/R: RANT: My SS has converged with my pre-existing hypochondria. I felt some hard knots on my cervix while checking CP yesterday, so now my brain thinks I'm KU AND have cervical cancer. I know they're probably harmless cysts, but still. RAVE: we're going to buy tickets next weekend for a trip to Seattle/Vancouver this summer and I'm really looking forward to it.

CS/Q: Does the AF temp drop usually occur the day before AF or day of, or is it just different for everyone?

I do a lot of graphic design for work, but I also do a ton of stuff I don't like and have a lot of difficult coworkers. So I think I'd just like to do graphic design and motion animation videos for non-profits who can't afford to hire out.

@Augusta108 - Yay for longer LP and time for immersive hobbies. 
    @JJMNO1616 - Another win for longer LPs! Are you looking forward to switching from TTA to TTC next cycle?
    @CandyApple2012 - DH and I went to Ireland for our honeymoon and stayed at B&Bs and it was amazing and all the owners were fantastic! You should totally do that!
    @kaitlink33 - sorry AF is screwing with you. what renos are you doing?
    @kiwi2628 - I think we'd all be better off if medicine/science got to do its thing w/o political interference!
    @dragonette505 - FX for tomorrow!!!

Me: 28 | H: 29
    Married: October 2014
    TTC #1 March 2017
    Dx: PCOS - March 2018
    IUI #1: April 2018 BFN
    IUI #2: May 2018
  • @elisek I usually get a temp drop about 12 ish hours before cd1. So, if my temp stay above cover then I usually start that night. If my temp drops, then I'll start that day. Does that make sense?

Month/Cycle: NTNP1

CD/DPO:21/7

Timing: -2 and 0

Testing: Maybe on Wednesday. 

R/R: I'm a teacher and today is the last day of spring break  :'( 

CS/Q:

I would open open up my own therapy/daycare/education center for children with special needs. 
  • KatieElKatieEl member
    edited March 2017

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 28/5

Timing: Good (-4, -3, -2, -1, O)

Testing: 10 DPO (my last few luteal phases have been real short, so if I make to 10 days I’ll be thrilled)

R/R: Rave: We had such a nice family morning at home making waffles and hanging out. Rant: Mice. Effing mice. (I want to move DH, get on board.)

CS/Q: Nope

GTKY: Midwife or Doula for sure. I basically spend my entire life trying not to geek out to everyone over physiological birth.

@Augusta108 yay for an even longer luteal phase.  These little victories count!

@JJMNO1616 and yay for your longer luteal phase too!  (Really hoping these longer luteal phases rub off on me this cycle. lol)

@Candyapple2012 a four day field trip sounds intense.  Is this like a science camp or something?  And I’m definitely not a chart expert, but my only guess would be because you recorded a positive OPK on CD 16 (and usually your O would be within 48 hours of that).  

@kaitlink33 sorry about BFN.

@kiwi2628 sorry you O’d so early.  Are you temping too?  Sometimes I get two patches of CM in a cycle, only reason I’m asking.  Travel writer is a great dream job pick! Vacation at fancy resorts, yes please!

@dragonette505 getting so excited for you and hoping everything goes so well!

@TigerCakes great job getting that meal prep done!  Woot!

@elisek I love Seattle and Vancouver, how fun!

@K&Elizabeth Sorry Spring Break is ending, but hopefully it was a good one!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • edited March 2017
    @TigerCakes April 3rd will be such a challenge! I like your dream job combo! Especially the travel writer/food critic part -- a female Anthony Bourdain! 
    @dragonette505 All good thoughts and vibes to you for tomorrow! Hopeful for you :) 
    @elisek Ah, I just love Ireland. We'd live there in a heartbeat. Just in case you've been tempted to check Dr. Google about your symptoms, remember that cancer is almost always a possible prognosis for like... everything. Try to set your mind at ease OR make an appointment so you can truly relax. Life is stressful enough! 
    @K&Elizabeth Bummer about Spring Break :( We are still waiting for ours to start after April 7th this year (UGH! What's the use of Spring break in 4th quarter?!) On the upside, we are creeping ever so close to June! ;) 

Family info in Spoiler

Married 6/2013
    DS 11/2017
    MMC 10/2019 @ 12 weeks 

• Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD/DPO: 20/6

Timing: -2, -1, 0, +1

Testing: 
    haven't decided 

R/R: Rant, I guess? We have new neighbors moving in next door today. The wife introduced herself and seemed super nice. About 10 minutes ago, though, she started an EPIC meltdown in her driveway (which is right next to our living room windows) about how she feels nobody is helping her with this move and she wishes they never bought this house in the first place. Highly entertaining, but hoping this isn't a preview of more dramatics to come  :o

CS/Q: -- 

GTKY: If money/time/school were not a factor, what is your dream job? Travel blogger, no doubt. I want to fly around the world and write about it. Or I'd like to be a professional Amazing Race contestant ;) 
  • @TigerCakes, ooh, a zookeeper is a tempting option! I always think that would be such a cool job, though I'm not sure I could handle the emotional stress when things went wrong with the animals. Have you been watching the show The Zoo on Animal Planet? It's about the Bronx Zoo and has been really good so far!

@elisek, the Seattle area is so much fun! We're planning to visit my brother there in late July and I can't wait to go hiking at Mount Rainier again, or maybe catch the ferry out to Bainbridge Island! Have you been there before, or will this be your first visit? I've never been up to Vancouver but my brother says it's very nice as well! In regards to your CS/Q, I think it is different for everyone. For me it's even varied between cycles, for two of them I got a temp drop the day before AF started (I'm counting this cycle as one of those because I do think AF is happening super soon) and for two I had higher temperatures persist into the first few days of AF. 
  • jenotontxjenotontx member
    edited March 2017
    @kaitlink33 So sorry about the BFN. Hugs. 

@kiwi2628 So much yes to your comment about politicans and medicine. Did you see that picture floating around with all the men sitting around a table discussing women's healthcare?  :|

@dragonette505 I still have one more TTA cycle. My fist TTC fertile window won't be until the beginning of May but the cycle will technically start at the end of April. I am only TTA for employment reasons but I am still happy to see my cycle appears to be regulating more since going off BC. So excited for you about your FET tomorrow!! 

@elisek So sorry to hear your body has you stressed out right now. I totally know how you feel though. I read an article about colon cancer the other day and convinced myself I had it. Why do we do this to ourselves? As I mentioned to dragonette505 I actually still have one more TTA cycle but I am getting SO excited. I'm also driving my DH crazy with my BOTB so I'm hoping that he will get more "into" the baby excitment with me. 

@kmalls Haha, I had a mini breakdown at Einstein Bagles this morning. DH and I went to pick up something to eat before going grocery shopping and they were out of almost every kind of bagle! I was so annoyed that we ended up leaving lol! Hangery PMSing doesn't go well together. >:) Hopefully the new neighbor is just having an off day too. 
  • Hi! First time participating so hoping I do it right...  ;-) 

Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD/DPO: 19/5

Timing: -5, -4, -3, -1 

Testing: not sure yet 

R/R:
    Rant... my toddler has had an extra large attitude this weekend and my patience is running low!! I'm enjoying nap time currently ;-p
    Rave... ticket booked to make my best friends bridal shower in Seattle next month! I'm so excited I can go visit! ...But also nervous to leave DS for the first time. 

CS/Q: ? 

I really want to be a college professor. But the idea of a PhD program right now makes me want to vomit a little... Maybe one day... 
  • @CandyApple2012 @tiger cakes and @elisek we are currently working on our bedroom which turned into the basement also since the floor joists needed jacked up and the front porch which is enclosed because we realized the bottom half of the wall was completely rotted out and gone on two sides from it being so old and in the weather and whatnot. There was asphalt poured in front of the two spots so not sure if that's why or if the asphalt was an easy fix for the problem.
    NTNP since 2012
    Officially TTC #1 since January 2015
  • Month/Cycle: 9/3

CD/DPO: 48/9

Timing: -1, O (first time hitting O!!!)

Testing: ugh tested yesterday like a doof. Tuesday before RE appt. 

R/R: I'm symptom spotting like crazy. It's so bad. I'll be 11 dpo at my RE appt and I'm like, "I need a beta". Deep down I know it's all just wishful thinking. I'm afraid to temp and see a drop, but I'll start again tomorrow. 

CS/Q: none

GTKY: If money/time/school were not a factor, what is your dream job? Professional ice cream tester or OBGYN. Depends on how high stakes I'm feeling on a particular day. 
    SN used to be soemthingclever
    Me: 28 DH: 35
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • @JJMNO1616 Yay for longer LPs!
    @CandyApple2012 Late O is the worst. I guess no O would actually be the worst. But still... I don't know why FF moved O, but that timing is good!
    @kaitlink33 Enjoy your days off. Sorry for BFN 
    @kiwi2628 Late O sucks, but early O is stressful too. Sorry it's weighing on you.
    @dragonette505 FX for FET transfer tomorrow. I really like lady of leisure as a job choice.
    @TigerCakes Having your meals prepped seems like it would relieve so much stress. 
    @elisek I hope you get those bumps checked out. My temp drops the day before af.
    SN used to be soemthingclever
    Me: 28 DH: 35
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • @ Augusta108 A longer LP is definitely something to celebrate!

@ CandyApple2012 I agree that it could be when you entered fertile CM. FF did the exact same thing for me this cycle too… and it was after I changed CM and added a new temp. Is it smarter than us?

@ kaitlink33 Ugh. Sorry. The renovations sounds exciting! I’ve always wanted to do that.

@ dragonette505 Thinking positive thoughts for you!

@ elisek I usually have my temp drop 36 hours before I start light spotting at the start of AF… so I’ll test that morning low temp, low temp the next morning and that night AF starts (lightly).

@ kmalls LOL. That does sound entertaining. Hopefully it is harmless drama.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 23/7

Timing: -5, -3, -2, -1, 0

Testing: Please no.

R/R: Rant: Really in my head about this cycle and hate it. So much anxiety… and feeling a lot of AF like symptoms. I know they can mirror pregnancy symptoms, but I’m not in that optimistic mind space right now; I’m thinking AF is around the corner and short LP. Rave: Tomorrow is a new day!

CS/Q: Nope!

GTKY: If money/time/school were not a factor, what is your dream job? Working at the Farm Sanctuary (rescues animals from slaughter houses and gives them AMAZING lives) in Watkins Glen.

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Well, it's looking like AF is here and I'll be moving to WTO tomorrow. Thinking positive thoughts for all of you!
  • @Augusta108 boo sorry about AF!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @K&Elizabeth, @Augusta108, @somethingclever, @EmilyLove25 - thanks for the temp drop answers!

@CandyApple2012, @somethingclever - I think in this case google actually made me feel a bit of relief that I’ve just got nabothian cysts and probably get them all the time but never really felt my cervix that often before lol. I am going to wait and see how this cycle goes and then call after that to see if they think I should come in. Thanks!

@Augusta108 - first time to the pacific northwest and we’re stoked! I think we’re going to do a day trip out to Mt. Ranier and do a picnic there. We were originally going to do a much longer Oregon Trail Road Trip, but my husband had to take a bunch of time off for shoulder surgery and doesn’t want to be down to 1 day of PTO until he gets more in October. But we’re sufficiently excited about this as a replacement. Unfortunately I’m going to have to pay for a new passport because I changed my name after marriage :(

@JJMNO1616 - My husband gets baby crazy every year at easter seeing all the little ones at church in their fancy outfits, so maybe contrive a reason for him to be around the cutest baby you know and it might get him going lol!

Me: 28 | H: 29
    Married: October 2014
    TTC #1 March 2017
    Dx: PCOS - March 2018
    IUI #1: April 2018 BFN
    IUI #2: May 2018
  • @kvacmak that’s so awesome that you do pre/postnatal training.  Working out in pregnancy (safely!) is so important.  I really credit that to the easy births I’ve had. And I’m all about that pelvic floor knowledge!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!