September 2017 Moms

Baby bump barely showing

im due sept 5 so I'm 16.5 weeks and am barely showing☹️ Just looks like a beer gut. I'm 5'7" with a VERY long torso. I had an appointment like 2 weeks ago and the doctor said everything looked good. Anyone else in my same boat and barely showing. 

Re: Baby bump barely showing

• Loading the player...
  • @mrs_tacos same here I looke like I'm 6 months pregnant 
  • JayseekaJayseeka member
    edited March 2017
    @wyomama0427 for a app and community center that is suppose to be pregnant woman supporting each other that came off awfully rude and catty. I was not aware that posting a question on an app to other pregnant moms who have their hands full would be a issue. I'm so sorry if my question upset you so much. 
  • Jayseeka said:
    @wyomama0427 for a app and community center that is suppose to be pregnant woman supporting each other that came off awfully rude and  
    Not rude. Just honest. She did say we'd love to get to know you. Just do some reading and lurking first. 

• @Jayseeka No one means to be rude, I assure you. TB just works a bit differently than other forums that you may be used to. I suggest reading the thread titled *read this first* so you can get a feel for how we post here. We tend to have threads that apply to the entire community and not as many for the individual. There are a lot of different threads you can find by using the search function and seeing other mothers that are having a similar experience as you are! 

This way the boards arent clogged up with several threads on the same topic, etc. 
  • mrs_tacosmrs_tacos member
    edited March 2017
    DPandMB said:
    Jayseeka said:
    @wyomama0427 for a app and community center that is suppose to be pregnant woman supporting each other that came off awfully rude and  
    Not rude. Just honest. She did say we'd love to get to know you. Just do some reading and lurking first. 
    I second this. And I don't know why people think this forum is only here for blind support. Sure, we support each other, but we also get to know each other, and take part in the rest of the forum. For future reference, random threads that are only about you and only benefit you are generally not encouraged, especially when you haven't introduced yourself, and no one here knows who you are.

• Jayseeka said:
    Not rude. We like the organization of the board and there are posts called Read First that is meant for all new members to read first so you don't accidentally commit a faux pas. We welcome everyone here, just would appreciate if everyone read up on how it works first. But welcome and congrats on your pregnancy. I hope you take the time to review the aforementioned post and that you enjoy the board as much as we do. 
  • I'm 30 years old. I'm 16.5 weeks pregnant. I'm a retail manager. I've been married for 2 years and have a large family with lots of nieces and nephews this is my first child. I'm due September 5 which happens to be my birthday as well as my moms. I had a tough first trimester but am starting to finally enjoy food again. 
    edited March 2017
    @mrs_tacos just bc you say something is "honest" doesn't mean it is not rude. Like if someone walked up to you and said you look fat not pregnant. Although that might be honest is is extremely rude. 
    If your not interested in my post I posted about myself you don't need to click on it or respond. Just keep scrolling.  I'm sure you will tell your child the same thing in a few years: If you don't have something nice to say don't say it. 
    It was an innocent post on a forum this app added me to. I had no intention of upsetting anyone... but also don't appreciate the cyber bullying and taking sides. 
    A simple: hey welcome to the forum we would love to get to know you... please go introduce yourself on the read me first forum so we can get to know you. Would have gotten the message across the same way. 
    I believe in creating A culture Of warmth and belonging where everyone feels welcome. Also always assuming positive intent. 
    This was not the case from several of you women and it's disappointing. I'm sorry if I was not "well received" but I had positive intent and your response back was clearly not of positive intent but to try and shame me or make me feel stupid. 
  • @Jayseeka there's no need to get nasty. individual threads like this just aren't received well bump wide, and @mrs_tacos was just expressing that. No big deal, now you know. No one is trying to start a fight or hurt anyone's feelings, we just want you to know how things are typically executed here.
    We hope to see you around more and in the weekly threads where symptoms and bumps and all sorts of things are discussed on a regular basis. The bump board might help you a lot with gaining confidence with your bump growth rate. 
  • Jayseeka said:
    @mrs_tacos just bc you say something is "honest" doesn't mean it is not rude. Like if someone walked up to you and said you look fat not pregnant. Although that might be honest is is extremely rude. 
    If your not interested in my post I posted about myself you don't need to click on it or respond. Just keep scrolling. 
    Unfortunately that's just not the way it works here. We have a lot of threads that everyone can join in on and there are already a couple of existing threads on this very topic. I recommend getting acquainted with the board and it'll be a lot easier for you moving forward here. 
    edited March 2017
    @mrs_tacos I did not call you fat as I obviously do not know you. I just simply stating an example of how being honest does not mean it is not rude. Just like you attacking me about my grammar. That was so unnecessary. This  is a public app and a public forum not a sorority. It is suppose to be supporting one another. My post was innocent and that of positive intent and you as well as several other came at me in a very strong offensive way that was not necessarily and not of positive intent. It could have easily been communicated in a different way. 
  • @labby18 thank you for your helpful  communication and making me feel welcome. 
  • Jayseeka said:
    ***snip***

A simple: hey welcome to the forum we would love to get to know you... please go introduce yourself on the read me first forum so we can get to know you. Would have gotten the message across the same way. 

Pretty sure that's exactly what you got. Several people asked you to read the posts pinned at the top of this board and get more involved. We have a weekly thread to talk about your exact post.  This is a very "warm" and "supportive" community, but you can't expect to get that right out of the gate when you clearly haven't even one of the already existing posts. No one was "bullying" you, no one told you to leave, everyone was actually pretty nice. Please take a look around and join in the other threads. You'll quickly see how nice everyone is. 

• Like I said this is a public app and a public community form not a sorority.  I just posted a simple question and was meet with nothing but hostility. All I was saying is you can get the same messae across without being rude. I did not call anyone fat it was an example of how saying something is honest down not mean it is not rude. All I said is this is a support community thread and you could have been nicer but clearly it has only made you all more upset bc you have only gotten nastier and attacked me. 
  • If you re read all my messages vs all of your clearly you are the one "getting all pissy" 
  • NOBODY MET YOU WITH HOSTILITY I LITERALLY SAID WE WOULD LOVE TO GET TO KNOW YOU. Good lord. 
  • Saying something rude and following it up by something nice does not discount the rudeness.