Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Friday March 24

2»

Re: WTO Friday March 24

• @BertieMeetsGertie my team too!! We had a team that we should easily have beaten win 3 times against us!  It's like we become too cocky and make dumb mistakes.  And I'll be ready to clink glasses!

@kiki75-2 so glad your HSG went well!!! I'm horribly modest so the part of them looking terrifies me!!  I wanted to be all-in when cutting out soda so I even cut out Sprite!!!  And I just realized a little while ago I have a half marathon on April 23.  It's gonna be rough if she doesn't let me run before then!!

@icecubeinthedesert oh man!  I am so outnumbered here!!

@LaurenEG14 woah!  How much does it cost?
  • purplg8r- $260!
    Me: 29 DH:30
    Dating 03/31/2011 Married 10/18/2014
    DS Born 12/28/2017
    TTC #2 06/2019

• Loading the player...
  • Well it looks like I probably should be in the TWW today lol no CH yet but all other signs point to O yesterday.

@morado23 it's been an experience lol I think we'll both be somewhat thankful when he goes back to work to have a break!! haha
    @cdnrunning @cricket648 @Avrilmai I actually LOVE night shift, but it's not really working for our family at the moment *sad face*
     @justkeepswimming8 @icecubeinthedesert @Sailing_Mama I've talking to my manager about switching, she's never had kids so has ABSOLUTELY no empathy for how hard it is to juggle childcare. And the way my shift rotation goes it is VERY difficult to switch shifts on a one-off basis, I've been trying! I've been trying to apply for day-only positions but those are like flippin unicorns in the nursing profession, you usually don't get them until you're a couple years out from retirement.

@beachbunnyxo123 @lulu1180 @RVAmom315 @starla-2 @LaurenEG14 Thanks for your support. DH has been lovely, but at the same time has basically put the decision in my hands and said he'd support me either way. So the pressure is all on me. If I'm getting REAL honest, I never had a desire to be a SAHM, or to be the 'woman who gives up her career for kids' so that's weighing really hard on me right now too. 
    To be fair, DH has been laid off for 8 out of the past 12 months, and has tried SO hard to get a job in our city so we wouldn't have to worry about this, but there just isn't a lot of work out there right now. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • purplg8r- $260!
    That's a steal of a deal hahahha
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @starla-2 Your logic seems like it makes sense to me (maybe that's wishful thinking?)! I went back and looked at past charts, and my temps did get really consistent right before O on my last cycle that I actually O'ed. Fx for both of us that you're on to something! 
    Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017
  • @Cricket648 Haha thanks. Can you post a link or pic of your chart? I'm on mobile. 
    Me: 34 | DH: 33
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    BFP Jan. 15, 2017; MMC Mar. 4, 2017 at 10w6d
    BFP Jun. 5, 2017; MMC Aug. 2, 2017 at 11w6d
    BFP Nov. 20, 2017; ended in CP
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.
    BFP Dec. 25, 2017; EDD Sep. 5, 2018; DD arrived Aug. 26th
    My chart: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/63f71d

• @SoldiersMom I feel you on testing at work. And it can be really hard depending on your specific setup. Luckily the unisex/ladies' rooms are singles and there's only one other woman here so it's not like I have anyone banging down the door. I'll just slip the Wondfo into a pocket or tuck it up in my bra and urinate in the wrapper. I pretty much always pee on my hand so... whatever. I was wayyy more squicked out by urine when I started this. Anymore, it's just par for the course. Generally I get a close to positive in the morning and then if I test that afternoon I'll get a true positive. You could just do it for one cycle or even try going somewhere at lunch and once you have a cycle or two where you get a positive, then you can just call your morning not quite positives positives. 

@purplg8r I've been ridiculously modest, too. I had a kind of puritanical upbringing that has taken some time to get over. I used to take Ativan before an annual and still cry my way through it. But, after the last year or so with an annual, 3 TV USes, and this... I'm getting over it bit by bit. I just keep reminding myself that every woman has a vagina, too, mine is not remarkable (as in, they've surely seen some things far more shocking than run of the mill me), and that this person chose this job. They knowingly specifically chose it and went to school for it because they like helping people like me. "She chose this job. She wants to help." was seriously part of my mantra yesterday. Plus, one of my friends taught me about wearing fun socks when you've gotta take your pants off. So I wear ridiculous socks and think of her and it feels like some kind of armor. As for your half marathon, maybe it won't be your fastest. But you'll still have plenty to be proud of 'cause you've been through the wringer.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18
  • @starla-2 It's a hot mess...

Me: 27 | DH: 27
    Married: 10/2013
    TTC #1 Since: 02/2017
  • @kiki75-2 That's good advice about OPKs. You reminded me that at my university health centre they had a picture on the ceiling that you would see when laying down to get a Pap test. It was of Garfield and it said something like "it's really hard being serious when you're naked." It made me smile and a little less nervous. :)
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***
    All the tests. Everything normal except treated for ureaplasma and DH potentially has high DNAF.

• @kiki75 That super advice too ! That's what I have been telling myself. People do this everyday and survive ! I will be okay ! I'm really determined this time. I can't turn away. I need to do this. One of my GFs is coming with me. I honestly don't think DF is cut out for it. I just don't think he knows how to try and calm me down or understands the fear. He is diabetic so needles are a very normal part of life for him. 

Me 27 <3 DF 44
    TTC post VR Sept 21/16
    SA 6 weeks post op 50.7 mil count 40% motility

• @kiki75. I don't have any reason for my modesty. I wasn't brought up that way and my mom was a pediatric/ labor & delivery nurse and now a lactation consultant. But I'm even modest with her and told her she won't be helping.  I'm know it's their jobs and they've seen way worse.  I can't help it. I'm modest with H too, which he hates. 
  • Ladies! I'm reading all these comments about how the boards are so quiet compared to what they used to be. Meanwhile, I'm totally overwhelmed with the sheer volume of posts today! When there were more people, how did you manage to a) catch up with everyone, and b) remember anything about anyone from day to day? 

I'm still working through everything, hopefully I'll manage to comment and give out some love :)

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD:9

WAYDTGKU: pnv, bbt, OPK, starting to HIO now that AF finally got the hint and is moving somewhere else. I think we'll try for EOD this cycle. When we first started TTC, DH was so excited about HIO every day for a week, but as many of you have noted, it gets exhausting and stressful...

R/R: We're going away for the weekend. Although why we're going somewhere colder than here, I couldn't say. Hopefully I'll get to visit all the good restaurants in Boston.

CS/Q: Eh, not really. I'm peeing on OPKs and they seem to change from day to day. But then I'm not even sure I've entered FW yet. Is it normal to get non-solid lines for a while?

GTKY: Oh dear. Just because none of the standard teenage problems seem apply to you, it doesn't mean that what you're feeling isn't a teenage problem. Learn to accept that you're an introvert who doesn't like going out, because it's not going to go away. Just tell your friends, they'll still like you. 
  • @FLAshley What's DF?
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***

• She's got a finance!  ;):D

TTC since Feb 2016
  • starla-2 said:
    @FLAshley What's DF?
    Fiancé..... or as some have said finance

Me 27 <3 DF 44
    TTC post VR Sept 21/16
    SA 6 weeks post op 50.7 mil count 40% motility

• @LaurenEG14 Haha, your comment made me wonder if they sell OPKs at Costco!
    @Kiki75 Good to hear your HSG went well! Hope you get some answers to your remaining questions when you email you Dr. Also, hope YH’s acupuncture went well. I can’t imagine mine would ever go for it. Maybe I’ll tell him it’s like a couple’s massage!
    @Rejufsovelem Why not be a Cali girl?
    @Purplg8r Yay for AF, all else being equal. And definitely yay for wings & beer!
    @Sailing_Mama Morning trip to the gym, and on a Friday! Consider me impressed.
    @Icecubeinthedesert Hope your presentation went well. I’m headed to a conference as well, but I’m just doing a poster, so no biggie. 
    @SoldiersMom GL with the curtains. And the cheeseburger. I’m not so familiar with Lent, but  can you get a burger tomorrow?
    @Justkeepswimming8 Do you still play basketball?
    @FLAshley Sorry for the rough TTC day(s). I was under the impression that 40% motility was considered within normal (although I know very little about this, so could def be wrong)? Even though I’m relatively new to TTC, I definitely recognize your feelings already. Why, just why is it so hard
  • Sorry I haven't read all the posts yet but FF gave me ch today so I'm moving on to tww. Hurry on over

• @camomile on occasion i will play at the Y and i played intermerials in college but nothing competitive after Junior year of HS. I miss it a lot and wish there was some way to play now. 

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • FLAshley said:
    starla-2 said:
    @FLAshley What's DF?
    Fiancé..... or as some have said finance
    Ohhh haha!

@kiki75 How did you remove the "-2" from your name?
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***

• @starla-2 I emailed TB help and asked if I should go change it back on The Knot or what. It happened to @bumpcaitlin-2 also and now I see @camomile-2 got it as well. Weird glitch. 

@camomile-2 H actually ended up saying that he was glad he went and is looking forward to his next acupuncture session. :)

TTC since Feb 2016
  • @kiki75 I was never on the Knot but was able to login and change it there. However it said that the name was already taken and it obviously didn't work. I haven't had a response from the BG yet. 
    Married Aug. 2013
    TTC #1 Sep. 2016
    ***TW***

• Yeah. It's such a weird glitch and the fact that it wasn't a one-time thing (since @camomile-2 was normal Friday but not today) is also weird. Weirdest of all was that whoever emailed me back never addressed the glitch, even as a "That's weird. I'm sorry." much less, "We're looking into that." She just said it was fixed and I may have to log out and log back in to see the change. 

TTC since Feb 2016