April 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms 3/20

Re: Weekly Randoms 3/20

• @McFarKane the night my water broke with DS I tried to get a few hours sleep on the couch while contractions were mild. The dog was driving me nuts in her create, whining and trying to get out- she ususally prefers sleeping there than anywhere else. I finally let her out to sleep with me on the couch, and she tore apart like 3 tennis balls, right beside me the whole time. While we were in the hospital, she drove my sister nuts! She paced and whined all the time and wouldn't eat. I swear, dogs know what is going on. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @kirstinh88 How about a beer-of-the-month club subscription, if he likes to try new kinds?
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• (I love helping people pick out gifts. I happen to think I'm pretty good at selecting good gifts for people.)

• Magheeta said:
    Yep. This is exactly what I meant by the fruit bouquet, but couldn't think of the actual company/wording. Haha!!
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • @Virginialeigh Candy would be SO easy for me! This man has a sweet tooth like no one I've ever met!
  • @KirstinH88 I had a hard time with year 4 also... I ended up doing wine, but if your husband doesn't like that, maybe some gourmet chocolate covered fruits or something could work? Mmm now I want chocolate! 
  • @BabyBlake042017 chocolate covered strawberries sound amazing!!! Since he never gets me anything (different rant for a different day), maybe I'll get some for myself!  ;)
  • @KirstinH88 YESSSS!!! my DH would know anything I bought him covered in chocolate would actually be a gift for myself  :D 
  • beemaya83beemaya83 member
    edited March 2017
    My dog has been having more accidents lately. Any tips on how to get rid of that urine smell? We mop with bleach but it's still there and it lingers. We have tile floor.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• @beemaya83 Hmm, I don't know about tile floors, but baking soda has worked wonders on our carpets and furniture to remove pet odor smells. Maybe making a baking soda paste and letting it sit on the spot for a while before cleaning/vacuuming it up? Nature's Miracle also works really well (again I've only ever used it on carpet/furniture), and I know they have a "hard floor" cleaner that would probably work for tile.
  • @beemaya83 my mom swears by a product called Natures Miracle- its a pet stain and order remover. She has a dog with a leaking bladder and if she isn't on medication, she leaks urine when relaxed. 
    I second Nature's Miracle! We had a dog with incontinence issues, so we became very familiar with it. Using it combined with sunshine really helped with the smells. 
    BFP 9/13/2020 with Baby #3 <3  
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • I meant to say pile and not puke but in this case it sounds better anyway! Stupid auto correct.
  • I'm getting a prenatal massage today after work. YAY! My concern is this, I'm so gross when I leave work! I have crotch sweat from sitting in a fake leather chair. I have boob sweat and I feel like bra stinks every day. I brought a change of underwear with me, but I'm afraid I will be super gross and stinky by the time 5pm rolls around. Are the massage therapists OK with that? Is it to be expected?
  • @rachelmiller03 could you bring some sort of wipes (even baby wipes) to do a quick wipe down of the sweaty parts?

• @rachelmiller03 I totally feel the whole boob sweat thing. I only have two bras at the moment bc nothing fits.. so I'm constantly washing them bc I'm worried they smell.. I'd try doing a quick wipe down with wipes or damp paper towels before going.
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • edited March 2017
    @rachelmiller03 I totally know what you mean! I had an osteopath appt this week after a long day on my feet and I have to take my shirt off and she has her hands all over me adjusting and massaging... I was sensitive about being gross so I stopped at the drug store on the way and grabbed wipes and areosol deodorant and quickly used those in the bathroom before hand. I felt much better! 
  • @catem07 please give me some of your energy!!
  • I just got off the phone with my mom. She was upset because they're not doing any cervical/ dilation checks on me at my obgyn until my due date. She said she had me 10 days early and the only reason she knew she was in labor was because at her weekly the Dr. Did a cervical check and she was 5cm dilated and he sent her straight to the hospital. What she thought was me "being active and kicking a lot" was actually contractions. Is anyone else less than two weeks out and never been checked for dilation? I've also got only 10 days left and my baby has been crazy active for the last 24 hours...
  • @catem07 I want some too! My to do list this weekend is so long. 28 more thank you notes to write, install car seat, meal planning for baby (some freezer meals if we have room in the freezer), cleaning my bedroom because I've been so focused on the rest of the house that I haven't been bothered, sanitize breast pump parts, decorate nursery, wash all nursing clothes, finish packing hospital bag. And looking at the list I kinda just want to take a nap instead. It doesn't help that it's gray and rainy. Bleh. 
  • @KaraMG35 I'm 38w2d and I've only been checked once (at 36w), but that was by choice.  I'll probably ask to get checked again at 39w to see if I've progressed any.  I know there are at least a few people here whose OB/midwife doesn't check until labor starts though....?
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @KaraMG35 my check was totally voluntary, but he did ask, and I said yes just to see what my starting place is. But @schef070911 is right. Some other ladies have said the same as you. You could call your doc I guess and ask. Since so many doctors don't bother, I would guess they're not concerned based on the rarity of you not knowing you're in labor like your mom didn't. On the other hand, if you called and asked you could use your mom's situation as a reason why you'd like to be checked. 
  • @KaraMG35 No checks here. Contractions are pretty painful so I'd be surprised if you made it to transition and not distinguish them.

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @BabyBlake042017 I have an easter outfit ready and waiting and it matches his sisters. My husband also thinks it's silly and doesn't understand. It's a constant argument with us. I think it's worth it. 
  • @McFarKane I agree, seems totally worth it!!