July 2017 Moms

First Time Mom (FTM) Check In 3/21

This is a check in for First Time Mamas.

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: What's the favorite thing you've bought for the baby (or nursery) so far?
Me: 31 DH: 31
  <3 DS born 6/2017, became a heart angel 8/2018 <3
CP 3/2019

Re: First Time Mom (FTM) Check In 3/21

• BusyZeeBusyZee member
    edited March 2017
    This is a check in for First Time Mamas.

How far along are you?
    22 + 2

Itchy itchy, itchy!

Nope, just the derm. 

Rants/raves? 
    Rants: my sister is being this aloof annoying chick these days. It's making me sad. She's six years older than me she should act a bit more considerate. I miss my parents.

Raves: I'm going to start my nursery after Wednesday, tonight H is going to get rid of whatever he can from his "study" which is the nursery closet so I have a better idea about storage. Otherwise il but her a cupboard with drawers. 

balloon lamp and cloud mobile. My mums trying to change my mind on the balloon lamp though ughhh
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 24+6

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? nope

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? nope. 

Rants/raves? I bought an 'easy' bra from VS and it is heaven. I am in love. It's so soft with no underwire but is still supportive/uplifting. I feel like I am wearing a sports bra but the ladies still look nice. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? random thought of the day: what did you labor in? Did you wear the hospital gown? Just a bra? 

GTKY: What's the favorite thing you've bought for the baby (or nursery) so far? Oh geez. I mean, all her clothes, because baby girl clothes are just freaking adorable. But right now, probably her closet system that I posted in the nurseries thread. OH - I also ordered her blanket off etsy last week but I can't tell if I love it yet since it's not here! It's supposed to arrive Thursday so we will see!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Rae1 I wore a nursing sports bra and the hospital gown. My hospital wouldn't let me wear any clothes from the waist down. And I didn't want to ruin any of my clothes and I've said it before, labor is gross!!
    This time I'll just wear the gown and nothing else.

I had the hardest time nursing/ doing skin to skin in the sports bra(even though it was a nursing one) when they first handed her to me. And this time I really want to make that first latch a priority.
    I wore it cause my stepdad was in the room at the beginning of my labor, but this time he won't be so, naked with the gown! Plus I was SO HOT during labor I could barely tolerate the gown. As little clothes as possible and know that they will all be gross by the end of it.
  • How far along are you? 23 + 1

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Nope

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  I think the last one was the same day as my last appointment so I am going to say no lol

Rants/raves? Nothing other than my counter at work is testing my patience lol

Questions for FTM, or STM+?  Nothing comes to mind

GTKY: What's the favorite thing you've bought for the baby (or nursery) so far? Hmm... tie between the dresser that I got for a great deal because it was "damaged" which it really isn't and the dream catcher my parents bought for the baby at the Pow-Wow we were at the other week.

@BusyZee - Have you tried lotion for the itching? I have lotion for dry skin that's unscented and it works wonders when I get those pregnancy itches.

@stokesm21 - I hear you about people on the selling sites online lol. I will post something I am looking for and people will start offering me completely different things lol. As for the breast pump IMO, I would get it before the baby.

@Rae1 - How much was the bra? I may look into that because some of mine with the underwire suck lol. Also, now you got me thinking about what I want to wear (or lack thereof) during labor lol. I never even thought about that.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @SaphireSweetie88 they're on sale right now for $25, which isn't bad for VS
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • This is a check in for First Time Mamas.

How far along are you?
    22w2d
    Insomnia last night (usually it has been just an hour or so awake, but last night I was up from 2 AM until 6 AM).
    Very brief check-in with my midwife. All is well!
    Rants/raves? 
    Old Navy makes a great sports bra (Go-Dry Cami Light) that works with my larger breasts. Comfortable and doesn't give as much of a uniboob as the rest of them. Since we're on the topic of bras, lol!

I really haven't bought anything yet. Is it bad to wait until after the shower? 
    :o 
  • @SaphireSweetie88 Iv been given a topical steroid which I'm avoiding (iv used it once) a cerave body wash, and cetaphil and aquaphor mixed together on my belly. It helped me drastically but I really hate being so sticky. Which lotion would you recommend ? 
  • How far along are you?  21+3

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Baby is really moving.  I've been able to see it on the outside too, which is crazy.  

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?   RN visit tonight.  

Rants/raves?  We're supposed to get flurries tonight.  I'm so over winter/snow/cold.

GTKY: What's the favorite thing you've bought for the baby (or nursery) so far?  MIL found the nursery bedding on sale which is really the only things we've bought.  Our nursery is (shocking) Finding Nemo/Squirt/Under the sea.  We are still working on tearing down wallpaper but have paint colors picked out and we bought our furniture a few months ago off Craigslist. Once we get the walls done, we are just getting some fun prints for wall decorations.
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• How far along are you?
    22 weeks 2 days

Having a really hard time finding a comfortable sleeping position.  I wake up a lot in the middle of the night because my back hurts.

Nope.

Nothing I can think of right now.

I bought this glider/ottoman set for the nursery.  DH really really wanted it.  I got it for him after the whole bird/cat poop debacle.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=84797536&cp=2255957.2273443.2256245.50629046.50628876&parentPage=family

Many thanks to @maybeitsmadeline for the info re the Etsy shop for Totoro decals.  That's going to be my favorite purchase once I figure out which one to get!

• @Twinkiedoll are you side sleeping?  If I don't have a pillow between my legs and one shoved behind my back (I actually have a wedge) my back hurts.  

• @SquirttheTurtle Yes, I'm side sleeping with my Snoogle.  The Snoogle worked great for a while, but this week, the back pain came back and I can't get comfortable.  I'm seeing a physical therapist this Friday so hopefully she/he will have some ideas.
  • @Twinkiedoll  That sucks. I'm sorry.  Hope PT helps. 

• CPR79CPR79 member
    How far along are you? 22w1d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I think I'm starting to feel regular movement, but I have so much gas it's still hard to tell!

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Nope

Rants/raves? Rave: I'm in San Diego for a conference this week and the weather is gorgeous!

Questions for FTM, or STM+?  None that I can think of at the moment

GTKY: What's the favorite thing you've bought for the baby (or nursery) so far? I haven't bought anything.  My mom and my MIL bought us a couple of outfits each that are currently the only thing hanging up in the closet in the empty room that will be the nursery.  Cleaning out that room was the big job, now we have to pick a paint color!

@PurplePumpernickel I'm planning on waiting until after the showers too, hope that's not crazy!
  • @CPR79 glad I'm not the only one!
  • Rae1 said:
    @SaphireSweetie88 they're on sale right now for $25, which isn't bad for VS
    Thanks!
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• BusyZee said:
    @SaphireSweetie88 Iv been given a topical steroid which I'm avoiding (iv used it once) a cerave body wash, and cetaphil and aquaphor mixed together on my belly. It helped me drastically but I really hate being so sticky. Which lotion would you recommend ? 
    I use the Lubriderm lotion with the blue label. @BusyZee

due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @PurplePumpernickel - I planned on waiting until after the shower too but no such luck. Lol. I am holding off on smaller items I know I will get at the shower but I'm already getting furniture stuff if I see an amazing deal because I am 99.9% sure no one will give me that stuff at the shower.
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you? 24w3d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? My biggest complaint has been leg cramps. Holy hell, they wake me up in the middle of the night. And, as always, the hips. My hips lie.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? My monthly endocrinologist check-up. She upped my meds again since my levels went up last time (even with the up in dosage). It's pretty normal, she said. 

Rants/raves? I definitely feel like an imposter at work (still), but at least I crossed 3 major things of my to-do list today.

Also, for some reason, my ankle/foot decided today would be a GREAT day to just go out on me. I'm blaming the relaxin since it's on the inside of my foot.

GTKY: What's the favorite thing you've bought for the baby (or nursery) so far? I've bought clothes. That's pretty much it, since we're waiting until after the shower to get anything. Plus, we're in a 1-BR apartment for the moment, so anything for an actual nursery we get will get put in storage until we move early next year. There is one piece of clothing I bought on sale that I LOVE. It's PJs with space stuff all over it. :)
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • ooh I'll have to check out those bras. Mine are getting too tight again.  :(

How far along are you? 23+2

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I've had a really sore, tight feeling low in my abdomen the past couple days. It feels like my pants are too tight, but the feeling stays even when I'm wearing something super loose. Hopefully it's normal? 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? not until next Monday's checkup

Rants/raves? we just found tenants to rent our house when we leave! 

GTKY: What's the favorite thing you've bought for the baby (or nursery) so far? we have bought a bunch of second-hand items, and I think my favorite is a baby boden hooded jacket with toggle buttons. It's sooo cute. Also a full-body rash guard with stingrays on it!  <3 
  • How far along are you? 21w 3d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Physically no, but I've been moodier than usual lately. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? No

Rants/raves? DH and a friend started clearing furniture out of the nursery-to-be. Yay!

The only things I've bought so far are a couple cute clothes - including an adorable, tiny (impractical) sundress that I couldn't resist. She'll be a summer baby, she can have one cute dress.

I also picked out wall decals from Etsy but haven't bought them yet. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 25w2d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Like @twinkiedoll my sleep sucks now! I haven't been able to sleep well for the past couple of nights. The snoogle was helpful for some time but now I just can't get comfortable.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? We had a growth scan on Monday, which went well, thankfully. She seems to be growing well so far. She was hiding her face so we couldn't get a great picture, even when she tried the 3D, but that's ok as long as she keeps growing and doing what she's supposed to in there! They didn't really take a very close look at her heart this time, though. I may ask them to at our next scan in April. I have my OB appt tomorrow. 

Rants/raves? No raves. Trying to find a place to live sucks. It's like every place we contact *just* rented out their last two bedroom appt. We were trying to do this on our own but we may have to contact a real estate agent because this is getting time consuming and we haven't even really looked at places yet!

GTKY: What's the favorite thing you've bought for the baby (or nursery) so far? We haven't bought much yet, waiting until after we move, but we did buy a few sleep n plays during carter's last sale that are now hanging in my closet and I can't stop looking at them! They're soooo tiny, especially hanging next to my clothes, lol!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @PurplePumpernickel I'm waiting until after the shower too, so if it's crazy, you're not alone. My shower is earlier because of this among a few other reasons. 

How far along are you? 24 weeks! 

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Every night I feel like I did a serious ab work out that day. Of course I haven't lol. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Yesterday. Terrible. Not that anything is wrong, just that white coat syndrome gave me a BP reading of 144/62, and now if I keep getting high readings they won't let me birth out of hospital. Plus, I was in the middle of asking my midwife questions, and just getting to the parts about my recent symptoms, and she cut me off because we ran out of time?? Like what? I went to your practice because your not supposed to do that. So I'm really upset about it. 

Rants/raves? Half rave, sort of AW, but my mom just told me that she will buy our entire supply of cloth diapers as long as no one else does. And if someone else does, she'll just buy whatever else we need with the money. 

GTKY: What's the favorite thing you've bought for the baby (or nursery) so far? Lol I have bought next to nothing because I am waiting for the showers. But I did buy an Eagles onsie for my husband for Christmas, so I guess that will have to be it cause I'm pretty sure that is literally the only thing I have actually purchased. 

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @stokesm21  I so agree about online folks! I have been baled on 2 or 3 times for a dresser. It stinks!

@busyzee I use aveeno excema therapy OR Mayan Magic balm.   I also have loved my belly lotions. My fave is Soapwalla brand from Follain (online store).  I also used honest & co's belly one this week while traveling (because it's solid). The honest & co is at Target. The aveeno lotion is at groceries-- it's the same as the baby formula so pick up either. The magic mayan balm I got at a health store....but I use it for most of my skin conditions...to me it's a bit stronger than the aveeno....and its more expensive...but I use it for rashes, scabs, and excema.  I have also just used normal winter body lotion on my belly when its gotten super dry, but I also found upping my belly goup.....which I normally do once a day post shower to twice a day (before bed) helps....if my belly is just itchy but not rashy. I have bad excema so when we stopped birth control I transitioned to the aveeno and then found the mayan magic when I needed something stronger. I have had to go through the steroid cream pre-pregnancy sometimes regularly and sometimes just a horrible excema attack in a shorter time.  We also go all free and bounce free on all our clothes just to help me navigate what might cause an issue.

How far along are you? 24 weeks

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? So baby started being able to felt moving-- it's sooo fun and a little like woah.  Especially when I was traveling and working sitting on the bed at a hotel...it was hilarious.  Sleeping is a bit harder (the travel to Cali might have messed me up a bit too). This may be TMI- But I have also just had to go to the bathroom so much more often this week!  It's like I took a laxative, only I didn't. Maybe it's the baby movement. I was gaining weight a little more per week than I should (closer to 2 lb a week rather than 1-1.5), so I have been being very conscious of what I eat (more to be healthy not quantity)! My doctor had kind of been cautious about my weight gain last appointment because I gained a lot in 4 weeks, but I didn't gain much during the first 3 months (morning sickness).  

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  I can't wait--- I got tomorrow to my new OB. I got approved!  I feel like the process of waiting 2-3 weeks just to be approved is a bit of mind control-- it's like I am not vetting them because I am so excited I got accepted, but seriously, it's where we will be moving in May and I start this week and my friend has used this same OB before and good reviews and connected to a hospital closer to new house with good nicu...so send me all the good juju tomorrow!

Rants/raves? I think right now, I finally feel like I have a handle on the baby gear purchasing and we are in the middle of buying a house and work is busy....it's the calm before the storm, but man my ankles are getting swollen, so I just kind of keep wondering how life will surprise me next and trying to stay ready.

I have been exercising twice a week...which I hope to improve, but it's been up to 2 from none (morning sickness and busy-ness).  

Questions for FTM, or STM+?  So work travel....I fly a lot from coast to coast.  Post baby, like a month 2 or 3-- do you prefer a 5-6 hour flight or do a lay over?  Basically I am thinking about pumping and how that works at airports...also between just meetings like how often is it.

GTKY: What's the favorite thing you've bought for the baby (or nursery) so far?  I might be most proud of our mom to mom sale purchase of an ergobaby with infant insert for $40.   My husband and I are not fascinated with seeing ergo babies out and about.  We also got some onesies from a sale and they were a little odd...and funny.  

• @stokesm21
     I LOVE YOUR BOXES!!!!!! So cute!!!
  • How far along are you? 22+2

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Sleeping is getting less and less comfortable.  Though last night I had two benadryl (see story in weekly randoms thread) and I passed TF out.  It was glorious.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had another A/S on Monday to check her heart, but the images were still not clear enough, so I'm going back to the MFM again two weeks from Monday.  I totally loved the sono tech and MFM at this practice though because they were so nice!

Rants/raves? Rant - Rant - I came down with some kind of virus and the coughing is making my throat so raw.  Rave - I got to spend 1.75 days at home recovering while watching House Hunters International, so not a total loss.

GTKY: What's the favorite thing you've bought for the baby (or nursery) so far?  I'll have to agree with @Twinkiedoll and say the Etsy Totoro and other character wall clings!  They're going to be such a great addition to the theme!

@manillabar The clothes make me want to cry.  They're soooo small and adorable.  I can't wait to see our LO in them!

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Katie______ I dont travel for work so this may not be relevant but whenever I've flown I always just pump on the plane. I just bring my cover and pump. My medela pump comes with a battery pack to pump on the go, its not as stong as plugging it in but it works. Some airports have nursing/pumping pods or nursing areas but its far and few between. I know Atlanta has one but only one and its in one of the many terminals so not very convenient. 
  • Katie______Katie______ member
    edited March 2017
    @MrsZeno   That's perfect! I asked the working moms group too that started this week (as it seemed like maybe the spot to ask or a good one) and it seems like people just do it where they are! They don't appear to book shorter flights more or whatever.  I mention the work as it's just more often and well kid won't be coming with! (and no other people to block).

I feel like it's a decision I will have to make soon post baby as I will have to book some of these flights for when I come back!