July 2017 Moms

UO 3/23/17

2»

Re: UO 3/23/17

• If you don't like peeps, we can't be friends. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Just looking at that peep milk made me sick!!! 

Zulilly has really good customer service, but they do take forever to ship. I bought a few maternity dresses and looked like a blimp in them all. They took them all back and gave me free shipping after I mentioned I was returning the dresses because I'm pregnant and nothing fits me. 

I dont really have a UO today, but I'll post later if I think of one!
  • @JulyBaby17 do you use Amazon? They ship in seconds, have quite the variety and also their returns are the easiest!! Amazon has spoiled me forever. I always have to check if amazon has something I like elsewhere because it seems so much more convenient. 
  • I do love amazon! I just never think of looking there for clothes. Have you had any luck?
  • I do love amazon! I just never think of looking there for clothes. Have you had any luck?
    There are two maternity dress from amazon sitting on my front porch right now. I can let you know later when I try them on how they turned out!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Oh yes, lots of luck hehe. 
  • Going off that, MIL told me when she was here a few weekends ago that babies born back in the 50s were born with their eyes fused shut and they didn't open for quite some time.. WTAF.  Is this a thing?  She said that it was always a guessing game to what color the babies eyes were going to be since you had to wait until they opened and thank goodness for evolution because that isn't the case with babies anymore....

Was she thinking of puppies or something?
    Dude, my mom said the SAME THING!!! I'm thinking she was just high at the time or something. Laughing gas maybe?!?
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• LMAO! I can't believe more than one person has said that!  I can't find a single thing about it.  :D

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Going off that, MIL told me when she was here a few weekends ago that babies born back in the 50s were born with their eyes fused shut and they didn't open for quite some time.. WTAF.  Is this a thing?  She said that it was always a guessing game to what color the babies eyes were going to be since you had to wait until they opened and thank goodness for evolution because that isn't the case with babies anymore....

Was she thinking of puppies or something?
    Umm what? lol 

• Shamrock shakes are delicious! Especially the chocolate ones.
  • Wait I just thought of another one that was flame worthy on the wedding boards : I don't really see anything wrong with taking out a loan to finance your wedding (as long as you can manage the payments and pay it off).

DH and I took out a 3 year personal loan for ours because we had just bought a house and built a deck and just didn't have the cash to pay for what we wanted up front. But the monthly payments were manageable for our budget and we knew it would be paid off in 3 years max. I just made a large lump sum payment on it today (woohoo) and it should be paid off next month (1 year early). I am stupid excited for it to be gone and to have the monthly payment available as extra cash each month, but don't regret it all. 
  • manillabarmanillabar member
    edited March 2017
    lanie1000 said:
    @kghusker1003 agreed. The only thing grosser is this: 

In all fairness, I've never tried these. But just walking by the cartons makes me sad. 

ETA: peeps are my jam but nothing about Peeps flavored milk sounds appetizing at all
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• My UO probably isn't that much of a UO amongst STM+, but I can not STAND when a FTM tries to give advice to another Mom because "they nannied for awhile" or watched a family members child for a short time. Pisses me off to no end. 

A coworker of mine even went so far to say she was "practically a Mom" to the child she nannied in college. I've never wanted to punch someone so bad in my life. 
    Oh my god. One of my friends from college who is getting married this fall used this logic on me when I told her I didn't think I would be able to be a bridesmaid (the wedding requires travel and I have no idea if I'll be ready to do that or be away from my baby for an extended period with all the bridesmaid duties). She was like "the first two months are the hardest, and then you introduce solids at 4 months, and then they are easier." I wanted to say "please tell me how you know what my baby will be like based on the sample of the one baby that you babysat. Also pretty sure the going recommendation is solids at 6 months."
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Peep milk looks disgusting! Who thought of that? 

I will go one further on zulily and say that any website that requires me to enter my email address before I can even look at any products will be immediately closed out. Let me at least decide if I like you before you start sending me spam! I guess that makes me curmudgeonly. 

Also I forget who said this, but most email closings make me cringe, especially "best," but also "warmly," and "warm regards." UGH. I don't know why they bother me so much. 
  • @maybeitsmadeline My MIL said the same thing!!! It was all DH and I could do to keep from laughing. 
  • I am so guilty of so many of these   :#... I love themed parties. Not so much into white trash parties and ugly sweater parties are old now.

I also am not a big fan of peeps. Cadbury cream eggs are AMAZING though

My UO - I live a small but rapidly growing town. They are doing a LARGE amount of construction and traffic is awful during rush hour times because of it.... but I am SOOOOOOO sick of hearing about it. Guys you want better roads there has to be construction. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT BEING STUCK IN TRAFFIC. Rant over.

• @LuLiLaEv my husband always picks on me whenever I order anything from Zulily. Because their shipping takes FOREVER he'll make comments like "oh are you ordering Christmas gifts for next year?" I try to not order too much because like you said their prices are not that great but some of their more boutique clothes for girls are precious.