February 2017 Moms

Re: UO Thursday (3/23)

• Options
    I've got one! Many pictures I see of pets with babies seem ill advised at best. Like this one FB friend who posts all these pictures of her small dog curled up on top of the baby in his infant seat. Dogs need boundaries and a clear heirarchy; what message are you giving him? And the snake on HDBD - that's not even a domesticated animal! Your pet may be great with kids until the one time he isn't. That's a lot of trust to put in an animal. Too much, in my UO. 
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of the word "mommy."  I associate it with whining toddlers for some reason. DD has always called me mom or momma. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @MommaBean  That was my babe with the snake.  The snake was only there for like 5 seconds, long enough for my H to snap a pic.   We don't actually have any pets.   ;) 

People also tend to forget that a dog can be just as dangerous.  Even the one's labeled as "the nicest and sweetest dog in the world".   They are animals and can snap at anytime, all animals have a certain level of tolerance they are willing to accept.
    This may becoming from when I was little and was bitten in the face by a family friends dog who was "the sweetest thing ever!".......

• Options
    Idk if this is an UO or not but I miss the pregnancy hormone that made me super warm all 3rd trimester. I'm back to being cold all the time and it sucks. 
    I never had that and I was bitter about it! I've always tended to be cold and that remained true. I was looking forward to being warm for some of the New England winter.

• Options
    @marriedhamstermom you can have some of mine. I'm still getting hot flashes and night sweats like whoa. I can't remember the last time I felt cool.
  • Options
    kswiger06 said:
    I've noticed a thing in the boards (it happens everywhere). I think it's annoying when people who are "regulars" are really only regularly making comments when they can be snarky, or AW an occasional picture. They get love it's but rarely ever give any. They really aren't supportive, even though they might have been helpful to someone who needed it, but come out of the shadows to stir up drama and that's all.
    Anyone here you are thinking of?  ;)
  • Options
    @MommaBean I totally agree about dogs and babies-I see loads of pictures on my Facebook that are setting dogs up to fail-but @Kashy17 I'm cool with supervised snake interaction. I've always wanted a pet snake but had either a parent, landlord, or husband who says nay. 

My UO? I love snakes. And sharks. But not spiders...
  • Options
    @Xstatic3333 Same here! Snakes and sharks don't bother me but I am not okay with spiders!
  • Options
    kswiger06 said:
    I've noticed a thing in the boards (it happens everywhere). I think it's annoying when people who are "regulars" are really only regularly making comments when they can be snarky, or AW an occasional picture. They get love it's but rarely ever give any. They really aren't supportive, even though they might have been helpful to someone who needed it, but come out of the shadows to stir up drama and that's all.
    Possibly  :p 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kswiger06 said:
    kswiger06 said:
    Possibly  :p 
     :o