August 2017 Moms

Weekly Random 3/13

Re: Weekly Random 3/13

• anyone know who has the best milkshake/fry combo. i've been craving milkshake and fries for a week i'm in the south do i have the cookout as an option but other than that we pretty much just gave the regular fast food chains.   my go to is usually hardee's but i've really never tried anywhere else 
    Sonic
  • Loading the player...
  • Chick-fil-A shake!!!
  • I had a Shamrock shake from McDs a couple days ago. It was delish...not sure it'd go well with fries though. 
  • @JWatt5 I love your pup!!!
  • @JWatt5 ours is in 2 weeks and I'm driving DH crazy with everything in the registry because there are 2 of everything.
  • @JWatt5 I'm with you on the nesting! So much cleaning and organizing over here.

Anyone else feeling anxious? I feel like there's so much to do. We haven't bought anything for the baby yet and I keep freaking out about not being ready. My husband has to keep reminding me that the baby won't be here for another 19 weeks. 
  • @mrsw2017 I feel the same! DH keeps saying we have 20 weeks left and it sounds like NO time in my mind. It's hard when you're hoping to get a majority of items at your shower, which isn't for months.. I've been focusing on organizing and prepping the future nursery. Maybe make a realistic list of stuff you want to purchase/complete each week? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @secicc12 yes! It almost makes me want to have the shower earlier. I've already made made a list of what we will be buying versus registering for, but I'm still looking to get some deals on crib, changing table as sales or second hand items become available. I just wish I felt like I was doing something useful with my time. 
  • Just went to Babies R Us today and made our registry. As a FTM so overwhelming! Thankfully, my parents will be getting us a couple of our big items, but it's hard with my shower not being till June figuring out what we're planning on buying and what we're kinda hoping others get us.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • secicc12 said:
    @homemakermama EW seriously?? I can't believe people actually say that. My favorite was how many times we got asked "Was it planned??".
    Totally this! Got asked this so many times. I think it came with us just getting married in July, but we knew we wanted kids very soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrsw2017 @secicc12 - same, waiting for the shower is going to be hard! But the nursery is fair game now so I'm totoally focused on that. Should keep me busy for a bit. The first 20 weeks blew by, I feel like the next 20 will go even faster!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• @JWatt5 @secicc12 @kathryn0903  I really should start on the nursery. There's just not a lot I can do with my 9x9 space. Anyone have any nursery inspiration for me?
  • @mrsw2017 - mines just a 9x10 space! I've been picking out furniture and once I got my chair I've been using masking tape to map it out hehe. I think I've got it down finally - it's hard but possible! Chair, crib, small change table and a lot of floating shelves! 
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• We have a roommate still in the room that would be the nursery. He's DH friend, and neither of them seem concerned about him moving out. But I'd really like to start making a baby room, because I know he's gonna wanna move as soon as the baby is born. It's frustrating, but I feel like I haven't had any time to really look at baby stuff. I'm working like 60 hours a week while I can to put money back, but it's starting to catch up with me. I'm hoping after our a/s that it will make things more real for DH and me and get us in gear to start getting things more ready. 
  • @JWatt5 masking tape is a great idea! Totally doing that tomorrow! 
  • @bumpybump is there a different frosty because that would be just terrible...and a fry combo tragedy.  My favorite is the Wendy's next to McDonald's and we get a frosty and McDonald fries. It's happened. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @smallbutmighty77 yes. They have a chocolate and vanilla one. The vanilla has been out since 2006. When ordering you need to specify which you want. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• @erindippity we have a roommate in the babies room too. I'm. Only just starting to think about the baby room. I think I realize that it didn't really matter if it was done last time that it's not stressing me out. 

What is suddenly on my mind is what this baby is. Anatomy scan is next week but it seems to far away and my minds just rolling on if I am going to keep my daughter's clothing or get rid of it for a boy. Then I got bored last night because my husband wasn't home and looked up every wife's tale and took every quiz. Haha that didn't help me at all. They all said girl and now I'm like well I can expect that to be true, I have to think boy too. I think I'm just nervous about the AS because this pregnancy has been more complicated then the first, so I'm letting my mind focus on getting this information. I want to get it over with, without any more suprises. 
  • @MatteaGabrielle that does make me feel a little better, because I've been a little bummed about him not moving yet. We're pretty focused on the a/s too and finding out. Ours is the 29th and then we'all have the whole day off together (appointment is in the morning) so we were gonna go look at BRU afterwards. I'll be excited to hear about how your scan goes next week! It really does seem to drag by when you're looking forward to it. I honestly don't have a guess about what we're having and have done every quiz too lol. I do enjoy having people tell me what they think we're having, just because I have zero guesses 
  • @erindippity sounds like a perfect plan. We didn't that the first time too. Unfortunately we've had so many tests that my husband's had to take off so he is only taking off the morning for the scan and going back to work. I plan on going and baby shopping though. Mainly because I'm excited to get a balloon and cuteness to announce to our daughter later that night. 

We need to prep her as soon as possible if it's a boy. She's stuck on a sister lol. 
  • @MatteaGabrielle that will be exciting to shop for afterwards! Also glad he gets to be there for the scan too. 
  • Yesterday I went to davids bridal to try on bridesmaid dresses again for my brothers wedding with most of the bridal party. The lady helping us asked each of us what size we wore. I said I was pregnant and she says 'well what size are you in now?'  I'm like 'ummm maternity clothes, I don't know what to tell you' and she just stared at me like a deer in headlights. Finally I give her some suggestions on what I thought I might fit into. And then at the end of it all we didn't end up finding a dress we all liked anyway. 
    I did end up getting some delicious cooked sushi for dinner at the end of it all so that kinda made up for it. 
  • @bubblesmtu yummm! Sushi sounds SO good right now! 
    I'm dreading going bridesmaids dress shopping and I get to pick my dress, so I truly don't have anything to complain about. I don't know what size I'll be for the June wedding. I feel like I'll just have to ask for size "large and in charge"
  • @bubblesmtu & @dallasmommy There's a few places online that have maternity dresses. We ordered from one that sends extra material too. (just incase...) If you need the name let me know, it didn't coast more than the other dozen bridesmaid dresses I have had to buy.
  • Kudlica27 said:
    @bubblesmtu & @dallasmommy There's a few places online that have maternity dresses. We ordered from one that sends extra material too. (just incase...) If you need the name let me know, it didn't coast more than the other dozen bridesmaid dresses I have had to buy.
    Fortunately the wedding I'll be in will be in October so I won't be pg anymore but it's certainly gonna make it interesting figuring out what size I will be at that point. For now I'm just gonna order bigger and have it taken in if need be. 
  • @bubblesmtu
    I can't recall if you're a FTM or not so maybe you already know this or had a different experience. My friend helpfully told me that right after she gave birth, she "deflated" down to the size she was at about 5 months pregnant. 
    Given that the wedding will be about 2 months after birth, maybe order at the size you are now (or in another several weeks) with assurance that alterations up or down are possible? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kudlica27 I would love the info on where you got your dresses! 

@bubblesmtu oh! Totally different then! I was in one of my best friends weddings about 2 months after I had my DS and so I played the guessing game too. I ended up going up 2 dress sizes per the recommendation of the Bridal boutique, and then I got it altered quite a bit (I think that I could've easily just gone up one size), but I felt pretty safe with the dress being 2 sizes big just in case. 
  • @bubblesmtu
    I can't recall if you're a FTM or not so maybe you already know this or had a different experience. My friend helpfully told me that right after she gave birth, she "deflated" down to the size she was at about 5 months pregnant. 
    Given that the wedding will be about 2 months after birth, maybe order at the size you are now (or in another several weeks) with assurance that alterations up or down are possible? 
    I'm a STM and last time I was back down to my normal weight in 6 weeks but definitely not the same shape as pre-pregnancy. It's just hard to say if this pg will be the same at the end as the last one, maybe I'll gain way more or way less; recovery could be easier or harder; soo many factors ahhhh. 
  • @bubblesmtu
    I was in a wedding 11wpp and ordered my dress 2 sizes.  I had to have it taken in a lot, but it's way easier to take in than out.  Depending on the dress,  order 2 or 3 sizes up and you will have plenty of wiggle room to alter it. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @jadkins2 I had gestational diabetes which just read you are at increased risk for with an anterior placenta, but my blood sugar is on the elevated side when not pregnant so I don't think it would have made a difference.  I had a vaginal delivery and my doctor never mentioned an increased risk of c-section.  I would imagine anytime it is lower, anterior or posterior would increase your risk.  I slept really well my entire pregnancy and I think it is partly because I didn't feel the movement as strongly so I am not that upset to have it again.  I will miss enough sleep when the baby is born.

@secicc12 I knew from blood work too.  I was just surprised at how obvious it was right away. With DS the umbilical cord was between his legs so it was really hard to tell but with this one her legs were up at her head the whole time so there was no question.

@Kathryn0903 I was so excited to drink after I had DS that I had a nice bottle of wine all picked out for myself.  But after giving birth it took me about 6 weeks before alcohol even sounded good and then I would just have a quarter of DH beer.  It was very disappointing.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Any good remedies for molar teething? I think this might be what hell is like. DD is getting her first set of molars and I want to throw something and throw something back.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • This morning I told DH that I would just wear my regular bikinis during our vacation next week. He opened this huge smile and told me that I should try them on. My boobs won't fit on any of my tops  :/ DH thought it was hilarious. 
  • @LivLew

DH wants me to wear the bras that no longer fit because I have super cleavage in them.  He was sad when I refused because it was just so uncomfortable.  We discovered none of my bras fit when we were on our way to a fundraiser and I realized how indecent I looked.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ugh, the boob struggle is real. I'm bigger, but not really big enough to justify new bras, so I'm making do with bra extenders and sports bras.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • aehogan90 said:
    Any good remedies for molar teething? I think this might be what hell is like. DD is getting her first set of molars and I want to throw something and throw something back.
    Ibuprofen. 
  • aehogan90 said:
    Any good remedies for molar teething? I think this might be what hell is like. DD is getting her first set of molars and I want to throw something and throw something back.
    Ibuprofen.

***Stuck in box***

I second the ibuprofen/ Advil. Acetaminophen/ Tylenol​ does nothing DS's teeth pain.  Since he's been waking up screaming and pointing to his mouth we've been giving it to him about 30minutes before bedtime.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker